Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I havent been as activly latley, still logging (some days better than others lol) I pulled something in my back last week and that kept me from working out for a few days. Last nigth we got 8" of snow, so I guess no outside running for a while ! Im working at getting back on track with my eating!

Good to hear fro you. Sorry about your back and the snow... Yuck! =) Although we have been really lucky this year!! Keep logging and checking in!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    back in May myself and a couple of friends decided to do a splits challenge. i have never been able to do the splits even as a child. But i set out to achieve a goal just to see how far i could go. The first few months i had pretty fast progress and then over the last couple of months the progress slowed and i didnt feel like i was getting any further. Tonight at the gym i managed to get the furthest yet so i thought i would upload a photo just to show that if you set a goal and stick to it you can succeed
    :smiley:

Woot! Woot! Way to go Gill!! That's great!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    My name is susan, and I have just had what I assume will be my final child, and now it is time to get back to my 2003 form! Fingers crossed!

Welcome Susan! Check in often! We will help you along this journey!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here, started this quite some time ago and "fell off the wagon: so to speak. My goal is to lose 25-35 pounds by summer and to just be more healthy overall :smile: I'd love to meet some new positive and inspiring people!

Hi Virginia... this is a great thread. To get motivated, to vent, to get support... Come on in! B)
  • ChangeIsADecision
    Options
    My name is susan, and I have just had what I assume will be my final child, and now it is time to get back to my 2003 form! Fingers crossed!

You can do it!! Congrats on your new addition!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    Options
    Good Morning! I hope everyone's week is off to a great start. I'm headed out for a run, the first in many months. I'm not sure about where everyone is located, but here the weather has been very warm. Dare I say too warm?

Last week my eating and steps were a mess. This week is off to a great start and I feel so much better!! It's always amazing to me how much better I feel when I eat clean. If I just didn't love chips so much, I would be golden. I think I need to start doing a daily check-in here to better hold myself accountable.

Have a great day!

I'm with ya .... my eating is a mess right now too but it's the holidays and at least I'm still exercising! *silver lining* Keep up the clean eating! Do your #dailycheckin and get some motivation.
  • ChangeIsADecision
    Options
    No more Negative Nancy! #dailycheckin Even tho I'm not doing a good job with my eating... I'm still working out! WhOOp WhOOp!! Who's celebrating the little things!? <3
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    checking in - sorry for the absence. Last day at work before Christmas today and we have our team Christmas lunch so not too hopeful on the calorie count but I shall try to be good with my choices. It's a bit of a manic time - my little boy is 1 on Friday so we've got last minute preparation for his birthday party, including frantic present wrapping tonight! And then Christmas - yikes :)

Oh and the batteries in my scales have died - don't know whether to replace them, weigh myself or not replace them and work hard on simply eating well and exercising. Thoughts all? Do the scales help or hinder?
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    No more Negative Nancy! #dailycheckin Even tho I'm not doing a good job with my eating... I'm still working out! WhOOp WhOOp!! Who's celebrating the little things!? <3

I think celebrating the small things is vital - I hope that by celebrating lots of little things, ultimately I will see big things happen!!
  • Greenbirdsmom
    Greenbirdsmom Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 55 and looking for a group like yours. I have about 80lbs to lose and will need someone by my side that knows the struggles. Would love to be added thanks
  • Soccerdawg71
    Soccerdawg71 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm a latecomer, I would love to join your group. I've been a member of MFP for a long time, but I fell off the wagon due to some issues getting my arthritis medication. Now I'm back going to the gym and watching what I eat, but I struggle with motivation. My first week I lost 5 lbs., but my second week, I gained back 2. The only reason I can think of is Aunt Flo's visit. But it frustrates me and makes me lose motivation. I would like to lose about 100 lbs., but I'm trying to set smaller, more achievable goals for myself, like 30 lbs.
  • RebekahRN83
    RebekahRN83 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join too. I'm new to MAP and this seems like a friendly, motivated and helpful group! I am 32 years old and have between 120-140 pounds to loose. 8 gone so far!!

Soccerdawg71. I lost 10 my first week back then gained 2 the next because of the time of the month, but then have dropped a bunch in the last couple days (that I haven't officially accounted for). Smaller goals sound like a great plan. I may borrow that idea :-) We've got this!!
  • deloney07
    deloney07 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi..My name is Darlene. need support. I work from home and have found that I have gained about 40 pounds in last 3 years. I do good eating correct during the day...but come 8pm and I am in my car buying as much junk food as my heart desires. LOL.
    I am using fit bit and I am trying to move more. I would like to join your group and ask ya'll to help me save my life!!

• LoveOrganicLife
    LoveOrganicLife Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Sorry for my absence I caught a nasty bug last week that knocked me on my tushy, but I am feeling much better now! I just went through the posts I missed and am loving all of the happy dances going around! Way to go on the accomplishments especially during the holiday season!

Even with being sick I still made sure to eat clean and track my food. I had a loss of 2.9 lbs when I weighed myself on Friday [insert my happy dance]. The weekend was a bit all over the place but nothing terrible. As for this week I started it out strong and am so thankful to be feeling back to myself again!
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Sorry for my absence I caught a nasty bug last week that knocked me on my tushy, but I am feeling much better now! I just went through the posts I missed and am loving all of the happy dances going around! Way to go on the accomplishments especially during the holiday season!

Even with being sick I still made sure to eat clean and track my food. I had a loss of 2.9 lbs when I weighed myself on Friday [insert my happy dance]. The weekend was a bit all over the place but nothing terrible. As for this week I started it out strong and am so thankful to be feeling back to myself again!

glad to see your feeling better and back with us doing the happy dance :smiley: well done on the loss :smile:
  • GillianSmith2
    Options
    Hi I am 55 and looking for a group like yours. I have about 80lbs to lose and will need someone by my side that knows the struggles. Would love to be added thanks

welcome to the group :)
  • GillianSmith2
    Options
    Hi there! I'm a latecomer, I would love to join your group. I've been a member of MFP for a long time, but I fell off the wagon due to some issues getting my arthritis medication. Now I'm back going to the gym and watching what I eat, but I struggle with motivation. My first week I lost 5 lbs., but my second week, I gained back 2. The only reason I can think of is Aunt Flo's visit. But it frustrates me and makes me lose motivation. I would like to lose about 100 lbs., but I'm trying to set smaller, more achievable goals for myself, like 30 lbs.

welcome to the group. you will get plenty of motivation on here.. enjoy :)
  • GillianSmith2
    Options
    deloney07 wrote: »
    Hi..My name is Darlene. need support. I work from home and have found that I have gained about 40 pounds in last 3 years. I do good eating correct during the day...but come 8pm and I am in my car buying as much junk food as my heart desires. LOL.
    I am using fit bit and I am trying to move more. I would like to join your group and ask ya'll to help me save my life!!

welcome to the group :smiley:
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    janetay01 wrote: »
    checking in - sorry for the absence. Last day at work before Christmas today and we have our team Christmas lunch so not too hopeful on the calorie count but I shall try to be good with my choices. It's a bit of a manic time - my little boy is 1 on Friday so we've got last minute preparation for his birthday party, including frantic present wrapping tonight! And then Christmas - yikes :)

Oh and the batteries in my scales have died - don't know whether to replace them, weigh myself or not replace them and work hard on simply eating well and exercising. Thoughts all? Do the scales help or hinder?

I was a daily weigher, but I have leaned back to a weekly weigher... I think the best judge is your favorite pair of jeans! Whe nthey start getting baggy and are no longer your favorite... it's something to be happy about! =)
  • ShyCush6
    Options

Glad you are back and feeling better! Way to go on the loss!! Love it!