Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys! Crazy busy today... Hope to catch up tomorrow! Love all the new peeps!!
  • got2rockit
    got2rockit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Today will be the last minute shopping day - for all the little things that I forgot about. It's a rest day for me in terms exercise and I am grateful!! Muscles are a little sore. I messed up with food last night while wrapping presents. I am such a grazer.. I think I must have been a cow in my previous life. LOL! Have a good day everyone!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I'm with you guys! Every year I tell myself I'm going to shop early and get everything done and wrapped well before...and yet somehow I had to run errands to three different stores last night for last minute holidays gifts and wrapping paper. Sigh...maybe next year I'll plan ahead. Today is my last day of work before the holiday though so I'll have plenty of time tomorrow and the 24th to organize, wrap, bake, and fit in some much needed me time.
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    No more Negative Nancy! #dailycheckin Even tho I'm not doing a good job with my eating... I'm still working out! WhOOp WhOOp!! Who's celebrating the little things!? <3

Kudos to you! I've been slacking as I have used my mornings running errands most days and skipping my workout. Still have my bike under my desk though. My motivation is a little lower as my lost fitbit, but Santa is bringing me a new upgraded one! Yay!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    I am really enjoy reading everyone's updates today. All of you are providing great motivation and reminding me that some days are better than others but every little counts.

Today was a great step day with a total of 24,000. My eating was so-so, with a few too many bites of Trader Joe's roasted plantain chips.

Hope everyone had a good day.

24K! You rock! Way to go girl! I need you as a fitbit friend so I feel ultimately guilty for slacking!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Bboyle1028 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking for friends to help keep me motivated I have used MFP before and liked it. My wedding is coming up and looking to get into better shape for it. I have tried dieting before and tracking my food, my 1st issue is I don't stay motivated to keep doing it, and my second issue is I have UC and can't eat a lot of "healthy" things. So I'm looking for friends to help me stay motivated and to just shoot the breeze with.

Welcome! Let's get you ready for that wedding! Motivation comes from doing it and seeing results... Stick with us and you will see results!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    got2rockit wrote: »
    Hey all, I just "creeped" your thread and would love to be part of your group. Been on mfp for awhile and not much has changed for me. Gain and lose the same 5 lbs over and over again. I need to figure this out!!

I'm 47, married, with a couple of teenagers and work full time. Have a good 50lbs to drop. I'm on here daily!

Welcome Creeper!! =) Teenage mom... yes! Me too! I have a 14 year old daughter! Good times! It goes way too fast though!
    c4910d3f3e5fd8a4a774dfe083c76b11.jpg
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Welcome @got2rockit ! The more the merrier!

The scale was still going down as of this morning, and I'm feeling better each day. I wasn't one to drink hardly any water before this, but I now get a minimum of 8 glasses a day, and I think that makes a huge difference in how I feel.

Awesome! Keep drinking the water!! You are doing great!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    This is such an incredibly positive, welcoming group of people! I also creeped on your thread and love the sense of community and support.

I'm new to MFP (I'm a convert from loseit). I previously got to my goal weight eating extremely low calorie, over-exercising, bingeing, rinse and repeat. I kept the weight off for 2 years before I started to feel a little crazy. I took a year off to help heal my relationship with food and now I'm back to make a sustainable change. This time around I'm taking the slow and steady approach, listening to my body, and enjoying the journey.

Today we have a lunch office holiday party at the local pizza place. I am so excited to share pizza and treats with my coworkers and then have a wonderful fresh chicken salad for dinner that I already prepared at home. I honestly never realized how much less stressful losing weight could be with a higher flexible calorie range!

Welcome Rachel! It's a life style, you can't live the rest of your life that way! Glad you found a better healthier way! We are always here! Keep checking in! =)
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone, weigh in day and its another 1lb down yippeeee. hope everyone is doing great and have a good weekend :smiley:

You are a rockstar Gill!!! Keep it up! Love hearing from you and your positiveness!!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    Great job Rebekah and Gillian! My office is definitely full of treats as well. I've set up around 200-250 calories a day as treat food. That way I size up all the treats through the day, choose the best one of the batch, and enjoy every bite. So far it's been working really well knowing tomorrow is a whole new treat day!

Awesome Idea Rachel! I love that! A little planned for splurge! I just got a cookie dropped off at my desk! Yikes! Red Velvet cookie! Guess I got my splurge for the day!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Survived a potluck today, and did great with my choices! Also realized the black pants I've been wearing to work are too big in the legs now. Yay for my first NSV!

Awesome Rebekah! Clothes are the best judge! I love when you grab that pair of jeans out of the dryer that used to take a hour to break in and now they only fit perfect right after drying! Keep up the great work! Love hearing all the motivation!
  • ShyCush6
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone!! I've done very bad at my #dailycheckin - the holidays are about to throw me over the edge. So much fun but too may treats! Oh well it will all be over soon! How's everyone holiday time going? I am flat out exhausted... :tired_face: Tis' The Season! The next week is going to so much fun though... Sleep is over rated anyway ...right??!! :wink:

Hope to be better at checking it... I'm so far behind reading everyone's posts. Welcome to all the newbies! This a great group/thread! Learn, laugh and celebrate!

{Happy Holiday Hugs} to all of you. :smiley:

Merry Christmas! I am feeling the exact same way!! Way too busy and the fun just won't stop!!! Sleep is WAY over rated! LOL! Today is my last day of work before the holidays, even thought we started Saturday and Sunday last weekend... now on too another crazy weekend of non-stop parties! I can't wait! Love this time of year!! And yes, it will be over before you know it!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Good Monday Morning All....!
    Well I've been off MFP for the last few days so my streak is back to one. I'm okay with it. Tracking my food while I'm going every which-a-away for these last few days was just one more thing I had to worry about, so I let it go. Still ate pretty much at maintenance. I gained 2 lbs. since Thanksgiving. But I'm okay with that too. I refuse to feel badly for enjoying food during my favorite holiday season. Moderation is key to everything. But doesn't mean I'm giving up. Day after Christmas I intend to focus on me and what I want cause let's face it moms run the Christmas day program in the house, and I for one plan to take some days away while everyone is occupied with their gifts. My gift to me is one of solitude. If the weather stays good and my foot cooperates, I will do some walking.
    Countdown to Christmas!
    Merry Christmas! Good for you to take it in stride! I love that we can still enjoy the holidays and not over obsess... As long as we know we are back on focus after the holiday and we keep in mind moderation! What can it hurt?! So enjoy, be well, and safe travels! Hope it is a wonderful Christmas season for you!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    danan01 wrote: »
    Happy Monday! Well, I am so excited we are heading to see family for Christmas this year! We are leaving on Wednesday, so I will be busy packing and getting all my last minute shopping done before then. I am trying to stay on track with my eating as much as I can, but the work outs have been non-existent lately. But at least my weight is staying about the same, so I am not beating myself up about it. After the holiday chaos I will be back to a normal schedule and hopefully can find time to get moving! Hope everyone has a great week!
    Have a great Christmas Dana! Safe travels!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Good morning! I think I am finally caught up! =) Today is my last day of work! Tomorrow is a goof off day with my daughter! We are going to pickup our 8 week old puppy!! I am so excited!! Family Christmas present! We lost our lab in May and finally decided it's time to bless our house with another pet! We're getting a Cavapoo, so nothing like a lab! LOL! My husband isn't as excited as my daughter and I! =) Not sure I made the right choice to get it just before the holidays so I will be going on even less sleep, but it will be worth it! Can't wait!
    My eating has been hectic... alcohol consumption kind of naughty over the weekend, but moderation... I love the holidays and am going to enjoy it to the full extent! I will be back on the workout train as soon as it is past! I'll now have a puppy to walk so that will help as well!
    Excited about getting my new Fitbit from Santa! *wink wink* Disappointed I lost my other one, but I guess I made someone else's Christmas by them finding it and resting it! Tis the season! =) Hopefully it was someone who was super excited to find it and start a healthy journey with it!
    Here's wishing you all a great holiday season! Sorry if I am absent over the next few days... Just know I will be busy eating and drinking in moderation, exercising my mouth talking & laughing and will need lots of support to get back on the wagon and lose some weight! Looking forward to hearing from you all soon!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    e5554c54fbde8ed908481ecfb4ae50e6.jpg
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    With a little motivation...
    2a0a05cef140673f607b9897f6e8acec.jpg
  • Winedoll
    Winedoll Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    ShyCush6 wrote: »
    Hi! I've been a member here for a while, I dropped out for a bit and now am motivated to get back into the action. Recently joined a gym and I'm working at this. My best success was a group of people who shared almost daily and motivated and pushed each other. We shared struggles, success and just overall frustration and joy! I'm looking to find those core people again. Create friendship and get to a healthy lifestyle! I plan on checking in daily, I'm bad on the weekends, but I will try harder. Please share in this group if you are looking for a core group to help you get to where you want to be. I don't care if you have 20 or 100 lbs to lose, I promise to be a good cheerleader! =)

Hi!
    Let's cheer each other on;)
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone on this thread! Let's enjoy the next few days of turkey and fixings (in moderation!), and let's remember to be kind to ourselves if we go up a little bit on the scale. Because this time of year is about friends, family and making good memories! I'm sure the new year's resolutions will be in full swing before we know it!