Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• RebekahRN83
    RebekahRN83 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome @ShyCush6 :smile:
    Just think, only another 10ish days and it will be 2016 and we will have made it through the holidays!! Sounds like everyone's staying on point with either their eating or exercise, and 1 out of 2 this time of year isn't bad. Eating healthy/staying in my calorie range has been easy so far, but I am expecting to have a difficult time at my last Christmas Party which is January 5th because of the people and foods present. One meal out of the season isn't bad though!
    Everyone, keep it up! :smiley:
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    ShyCush6 wrote: »
    Good morning! I think I am finally caught up! =) Today is my last day of work! Tomorrow is a goof off day with my daughter! We are going to pickup our 8 week old puppy!! I am so excited!! Family Christmas present! We lost our lab in May and finally decided it's time to bless our house with another pet! We're getting a Cavapoo, so nothing like a lab! LOL! My husband isn't as excited as my daughter and I! =) Not sure I made the right choice to get it just before the holidays so I will be going on even less sleep, but it will be worth it! Can't wait!
    My eating has been hectic... alcohol consumption kind of naughty over the weekend, but moderation... I love the holidays and am going to enjoy it to the full extent! I will be back on the workout train as soon as it is past! I'll now have a puppy to walk so that will help as well!
    Excited about getting my new Fitbit from Santa! *wink wink* Disappointed I lost my other one, but I guess I made someone else's Christmas by them finding it and resting it! Tis the season! =) Hopefully it was someone who was super excited to find it and start a healthy journey with it!
    Here's wishing you all a great holiday season! Sorry if I am absent over the next few days... Just know I will be busy eating and drinking in moderation, exercising my mouth talking & laughing and will need lots of support to get back on the wagon and lose some weight! Looking forward to hearing from you all soon!!

Congrats on the new puppy! Whats a cavapoo?

I hope everyone is having a fantastic holiday week and enjoying time with their families (and their favorite treats!)

So far my treat a day plan has been going great so I'm hoping to carry it through the week since we'll be visiting my partner's family in Michigan (lots of food and lots of big eaters there!) My family is a bit more manageable. I'm making a field green salad with goat cheese, cranberries, apples, and toasted pumpkin seeds to share. Hard to beat that combo :)

I got my Christmas cookie baking fix this year by baking dog treat with my dog. He was a huge fan of this new tradition!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    e5554c54fbde8ed908481ecfb4ae50e6.jpg

The best kind ;)
  • Vodka97
    Vodka97 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    In a twisted way, I'm fortunate enough to have been dumped over the holidays, so I'm determined to stay on track over christmas :wink:

Having lost a huge amount before, I'm dreading the inevitable moment when about three weeks time when I need to intensify to keep losing a good amount.

Have we all been enjoying the holiday season?
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    weighed in today instead of tomorrow and i have maintained this week which i am happy about considering all the holiday treats and party's :)

I would like to wish you all a very merry Christmas and a happy new year x
  • Vodka97
    Vodka97 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    weighed in today instead of tomorrow and i have maintained this week which i am happy about considering all the holiday treats and party's :)

I would like to wish you all a very merry Christmas and a happy new year x

Congratulations! Merry Christmas :)
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    In a twisted way, I'm fortunate enough to have been dumped over the holidays, so I'm determined to stay on track over christmas :wink:

Having lost a huge amount before, I'm dreading the inevitable moment when about three weeks time when I need to intensify to keep losing a good amount.

I like your positive attitude. I am waiting for the time when i need to intensify as well. I am hoping that because i eat a little more over Christmas that i will get that extra push when i eat lower calories after Christmas is done with.

Merry Christmas :)
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    Congrats on the new puppy! Whats a cavapoo?
    I hope everyone is having a fantastic holiday week and enjoying time with their families (and their favorite treats!)
    So far my treat a day plan has been going great so I'm hoping to carry it through the week since we'll be visiting my partner's family in Michigan (lots of food and lots of big eaters there!) My family is a bit more manageable. I'm making a field green salad with goat cheese, cranberries, apples, and toasted pumpkin seeds to share. Hard to beat that combo :)
    I got my Christmas cookie baking fix this year by baking dog treat with my dog. He was a huge fan of this new tradition!
    It's a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel/Poodle! Adorable! =) But I am bias!
    Your salad sounds delicious!! Hope you had a very Merry Christmas!! Great idea on the dog treats. I need to do that next year!!
  • ShyCush6
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone on this thread! Let's enjoy the next few days of turkey and fixings (in moderation!), and let's remember to be kind to ourselves if we go up a little bit on the scale. Because this time of year is about friends, family and making good memories! I'm sure the new year's resolutions will be in full swing before we know it!

I love that idea... Life is too short not to enjoy it!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Vodka97 wrote: »
    Glad you are motivated to keep trucking forward! As you keep seeing success the time to intensify will feel great because you have proved to yourself you can do it!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Well, I'm not going to lie... I over ate... Not so horrible that I won't move forward into the new year. It's a minor set back but with all your help I will move over this bump and keep going! Glad to see all the new faces and hope we continue to motivate now that Christmas is behind us and we can focus on ourselves again! Hope you all had great holidays!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    motivational-quotes-to-lose-weight-for-picture-of-motivational-quotes-to-lose-weight-62.png
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    e7251b77b4058458e4945f954afb487a.jpg
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    losingweightishard.jpg
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    So most of you know... I got a new puppy for Christmas... I can't remember how to post my own pictures on here so here is one pretty similar to what she looks like... Her name is Bentley!
    JuneSadie8wkOliversmall.JPG
    Also, I got a new fitbit for Christmas since I lost my other one. It's a fitbit Charge, so a bit of an upgrade. My daughter got one too so along with my sister she is competing with us! Loving my mini bicycle as I am in the lead as of today! LOL!
    It's snowing here and will be a long commute home. My hubby is a snow plow driver for the city so he will be out all day. Looks like I will get a good workout of shoveling in when I get home!!
    Hope you all had lovely Christmas gatherings with friends and family! Now to survive New Years and we will be a green light into the new year with healthy choices! Keep chugging along! We can do this as a team!
  • RebekahRN83
    RebekahRN83 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    e7251b77b4058458e4945f954afb487a.jpg
    That one's my favorite :smiley: I can just picture certain people's faces now.

Bentley is adorable!! (and she'll be a good excuse to go for more walks when it gets warmer, so win win)

I have the fitbit FLEX, but want the CHARGER. I'm going to try to convince my husband to let me get it when I reach 70 pounds down (or something) as a reward.
    Have fun challenging eachother with fibit wars
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    That's right... Keep it up... everyone has there motivation! Hope you hang with us and get you were you want to be!!
    I like the Charge, but to me it isn't that much more exciting than the flex. Unless you get the HR one that is a heart rate monitor... save your change for some new sexy clothes instead! ;) Love the fitbit wars!!
  • FastGain
    FastGain Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I feel like I don't know where to begin. I've always been pretty skinny. I don't have much muscle mass, and so I decided to get into shape. Tone up and gain muscle. The workout part seems easy, but understanding macros and calories not so much. I'm trying to figure out how much I need to take in and the percentages, but it just seems so hard. I guess I'm just feeling a little defeated about it all right now.
  • Greenbirdsmom
    Greenbirdsmom Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I was to and I went to a nutritionist best thing I could of paid for
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    So most of you know... I got a new puppy for Christmas... I can't remember how to post my own pictures on here so here is one pretty similar to what she looks like... Her name is Bentley!
    JuneSadie8wkOliversmall.JPG
    Also, I got a new fitbit for Christmas since I lost my other one. It's a fitbit Charge, so a bit of an upgrade. My daughter got one too so along with my sister she is competing with us! Loving my mini bicycle as I am in the lead as of today! LOL!
    It's snowing here and will be a long commute home. My hubby is a snow plow driver for the city so he will be out all day. Looks like I will get a good workout of shoveling in when I get home!!
    Hope you all had lovely Christmas gatherings with friends and family! Now to survive New Years and we will be a green light into the new year with healthy choices! Keep chugging along! We can do this as a team!

Gorgeous - what a sweetie! She'll keep you busy and fit :)