Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• indygirl217
    indygirl217 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have a quick question. I don't have a scale at home but when I started my this (my healthy eating and exercise lifestyle change, I refuse to call it a diet), I measure my bust, hips, waist, thighs and arms. Do you think I should purchase a scale or just keep with the measurements?
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Doing good this week, but last nite hubby wanted to go out to eat, since I will be out of town all next week with the grandsons. We went to a mexcian restaurant -- so good! I have not had a margarita in ages, and eaten mexican food for so long, so it was a real treat. But - I should have put 1/2 of my food in a doggie bag right away. I ended up eating the entire chicken burritto, refried beans, rice, and a large margarita! So, today, no scale! And trying to get back on track. But this is life. We have to be able to have fun once in a while, and go off plan Right??? :/ The trick is to get right back on track today! (and drink lots of water!)
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    danan01 wrote: »
    Wow-Great motivation! Happy Friday everyone! Going to work hard to get my steps in today and watch my food this morning, because we are going to a Hibachi place tonight for dinner for my son's birthday. I am excited-we don't go there often. I usually do better getting steps in on the weekends because I don't sit at a desk all day. But-it's the playoffs. I am going to try to watch the mindless eating and drinking while watching the games. And hopefully I will get a workout in. Go Packers! :smile: Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Have a great weekend Dana! Go Pack go! =)
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    Doing good this week, but last nite hubby wanted to go out to eat, since I will be out of town all next week with the grandsons. We went to a mexcian restaurant -- so good! I have not had a margarita in ages, and eaten mexican food for so long, so it was a real treat. But - I should have put 1/2 of my food in a doggie bag right away. I ended up eating the entire chicken burritto, refried beans, rice, and a large margarita! So, today, no scale! And trying to get back on track. But this is life. We have to be able to have fun once in a while, and go off plan Right??? :/ The trick is to get right back on track today! (and drink lots of water!)

Glad you enjoyed it and you are on the right track today!! You got this!! But yes.. waitresses look at me funny when I ask for a box the minute the meal comes out! ;)
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    I have a quick question. I don't have a scale at home but when I started my this (my healthy eating and exercise lifestyle change, I refuse to call it a diet), I measure my bust, hips, waist, thighs and arms. Do you think I should purchase a scale or just keep with the measurements?

It's really your choice! Everyone is different... Some use a scale, some measurements, some just the way their clothes fit, there really is no perfect way. If measurements are working for you then stick with it. I see nothing wrong with that!
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. yay its the weekend.
    So my promise to myself is to be good this weekend and stay on track.
    I've got a kickboxercise class this morning, followed by shopping and taking the dog for a walk. So i should get in plenty of steps today.
    Sunday however is usually a family visit day so not much activity goes on, but i still get to walk the dog so hopefully i will reach my target. I'm loving the challenges on fitbit, i am so competitive it really keeps me going :smiley:

Have a great weekend everyone :smiley:
  • indygirl217
    indygirl217 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    For me trying to a healthy lifestyle, weekend are the worst. My time is unstructured so I usually can go half the day before I realize I haven’t eaten. I have been snacking most of the damn day. So I have started to plan ahead. I’m realizing planning ahead is going be to the key to a lot of my snacking behavior.
    I’m also less active during the weekend than I am during the day. I know, it should be the other way around but for me it not. I need to find weekend activities that I can get involved in that will help me active during the weekend.
  • RebekahRN83
    RebekahRN83 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. yay its the weekend.
    So my promise to myself is to be good this weekend and stay on track.
    I've got a kickboxercise class this morning, followed by shopping and taking the dog for a walk. So i should get in plenty of steps today.
    Sunday however is usually a family visit day so not much activity goes on, but i still get to walk the dog so hopefully i will reach my target. I'm loving the challenges on fitbit, i am so competitive it really keeps me going :smiley:

Have a great weekend everyone :smiley:

I'm totally there with ya; weekends are harder to stay on track!

I worked on getting rid of temptations in the house yesterday (sent left-over goodies from parties with my husband to work, put chips and other temptations above the frig where I can't get to them without getting the step stool out....although my 6'4" husband can reach them just fine if he still wants them, etc)
  • wannalookbest
    wannalookbest Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am also looking for people to give and take motivation from. Being back and forth with MFP is frustrating. This is my 2nd or 3rd time around. I've decided to just roll with it until I get a solid workout and daily diet routine down. I welcome advice. I will get there with the help of people who are willing to motivate me. Please add me. :)
  • GillianSmith2
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am also looking for people to give and take motivation from. Being back and forth with MFP is frustrating. This is my 2nd or 3rd time around. I've decided to just roll with it until I get a solid workout and daily diet routine down. I welcome advice. I will get there with the help of people who are willing to motivate me. Please add me. :)

welcome to the group. everyone here will help, cheer and motivate as much as we can. log on and post often. :)
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    ShyCush6 wrote: »

funny-weight-loss-meme-image-quote.jpg

Excellent reminder.
  • bsbprincess
    bsbprincess Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I lost 2.4 pounds this week!!! *happy dance* I'm so happy and feeling so pumped now!!! I've never really given MFP a chance before and always thought I had to use a diet like WW. But after a week with a small loss, and then some adjusting to calories and macros, I LOST! It not only works, but I'm doing it!
  • GillianSmith2
    Options
    I lost 2.4 pounds this week!!! *happy dance* I'm so happy and feeling so pumped now!!! I've never really given MFP a chance before and always thought I had to use a diet like WW. But after a week with a small loss, and then some adjusting to calories and macros, I LOST! It not only works, but I'm doing it!

whoop whoop. you go girl that's awesome keep up the great work
  • tazzy2911
    tazzy2911 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    @bsbprincess way to go on the loss!!

I had a great weekend but unfortunately not in terms of food and exercise :'( I didn't drink too much alcohol but ate a lot of chocolate and cake! not looking forward to weigh in tomorrow!!
  • JesusMartinez46
    JesusMartinez46 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    We all have those days. Love me some chocolate myself. Comfort food. Lol
  • bsbprincess
    bsbprincess Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, ultimate comfort food. I have probably missed alcohol more than anything else LOL. I'm not giving it up this whole journey cause for me that's highly unrealistic... but I've been on this 21 days without alcohol challenge just for the health benefits. I swear, forget junk food... just get me a screwdriver or margarita :P
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Ok so weekends are my weak point, we had friends round on Saturday and I had pizza, and wine (lots of it) and basically just junk... I did 'bank' some calories during the week as I suspected this would be the case, I mean I knew there was no way i'd be able to sit back and let everyone else eat and drink all the yummy stuff without a thought while I counted every calorie, so I saved exercise calories through the week to cover any excess, but it's highlighted to me that I do need to try and be more conscious about my choices.
    I'm very good during the week, I find it so much easier as each day is structured around work, but at weekends it all just goes to pot, it can be afternoon before I realise all i've had is a coffee all day, and then I end making bad choices (like pizza!) and overindulging. But having said that, i'm a firm believer in the fact that we can't spend the rest of our lives never eating anything that's deemed 'bad', we need that slice of cake on occasion, and that meal out with friends, we just have to find a way of having those things and ensuring that it doesn't become the whole cake, or take-outs every other night, everything in moderation, I just need to remember the 'moderation' bit....
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great weekend! I am happy to say that this weekend is the first in a long while that the scale actually went down from Friday to Monday instead of up like it usually does. Usually Monday morning I am up 2 or 3 pounds and by Friday I have finally worked off those extra pounds just to do it all over again. I worked hard this weekend, got my steps in and watched my food. I wasn't great with food-but I didn't go up on the scale! Hopefully this week I can make some more progress and actually go down before Friday instead of just catching up! That is my goal this week! We can do this!
  • wawasho
    wawasho Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good job!