Looking for Garmin Vivofit/Vivosmart/Vivoactive band users!

Options

Replies

• principessang
    principessang Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello! Just got my vivofit2 delivered literally an hour ago and am navigating thru using it properly. I synced it to MFP, but do I need to start/stop an activity when I'm working out in order for it to go to MFP under exercise? Any feedback or tips greatly appreciated!

Also, my garmin connect is Angielala
  • 247pancakes
    247pancakes Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My handle on Garmin is doctorwho50
  • DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Hello! Just got my vivofit2 delivered literally an hour ago and am navigating thru using it properly. I synced it to MFP, but do I need to start/stop an activity when I'm working out in order for it to go to MFP under exercise? Any feedback or tips greatly appreciated!

Connection request sent. :) I don't have an answer for your question. At this point, anything other than steps, I've had to manually add my exercise to MFP.
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    My handle on Garmin is doctorwho50

Thank you! Connected. :)
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options

If you want it to show up under MFP as a exercise, yes you have to do that. However, you might not be able to give it the appropriate name when it comes over to MFP. It may just show up under Generic Aerobic Exercise (unless it's a run). You can give it the right name and category in Garmin and later on you can run reports on it if you want.
  • mattw273
    mattw273 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am new to this, had my band less than a week and getting some mixed results. Feel free to add me Matt996
  • zenjen13
    zenjen13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Got my device today! A Vivosmart HR. A little earlier than my goal weight but I thought it would take longer to ship. I'm zen.jen please add me!
    I literally just put it on and I'm sick today so I won't really know how it goes until tomorrow.
    Has anyone tracked yoga with it yet? I'm trying to figure out how before my class on Monday.
  • taveoc
    taveoc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I added some of you. I hope you guys don't mind.
    My garmin connect should be t.a.n.i.a
  • KUAngie
    KUAngie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I got a vivofit for Christmas-- feel free to add me, my username is the same as on MFP.
  • KittenLifts
    KittenLifts Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi! I got the vivoactive for Christmas. ..I've been slowly getting back into my workouts and would love to connect with ya'll! Please add me KittenLifts is my screen name!
  • anthonynaylor
    anthonynaylor Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    added some of you and I'm already getting beat up, haha. Some of you have privacy stuff on though, so it just hides what you're doing.
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    I have added the additional people to my GarminConnect:
    @zenjen13 (zenjen)
    @mattw273 (matt996)
    @KittenLifts

I was NOT able to add @taveoc (t.a.n.i.a) or @KUAngie -- please request me and I will be happy to add you.

Now that we are all connected, does anyone know how to start a challenge with your connections?
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options
    I have added the additional people to my GarminConnect:
    @zenjen13 (zenjen)
    @mattw273 (matt996)
    @KittenLifts

I was NOT able to add @taveoc (t.a.n.i.a) or @KUAngie -- please request me and I will be happy to add you.

Now that we are all connected, does anyone know how to start a challenge with your connections?

From what I know you cant. There is a leaderboard that resets every week that shows all of your connections, their steps (for advanced exercisers - running miles, biking miles, swimming miles). It is ranked so in a way that kinda is a weekly challenge. They do have another weekly challenge you can sign up for but you cant pick who joins (it just automatically groups you with people doing your level of steps).
  • zenjen13
    Options
    I did a mini elliptical today BC I'm still sick but feeling antsy. I hit the timer button on my Vivosmart and then logged onto the Garmin site and edited it to say elliptical category and name. It shows under MFP as a run though. I guess that's just the way it syncs? Wasn't sure if that was what I was supposed to do or whether to let the HR pick up on the exercise. Their manual is so vague. I guess there will be a bit of a learning curve!
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options
    zenjen13 wrote: »
    I did a mini elliptical today BC I'm still sick but feeling antsy. I hit the timer button on my Vivosmart and then logged onto the Garmin site and edited it to say elliptical category and name. It shows under MFP as a run though. I guess that's just the way it syncs? Wasn't sure if that was what I was supposed to do or whether to let the HR pick up on the exercise. Their manual is so vague. I guess there will be a bit of a learning curve!

Yes, that is what it does. If you delete from MFP and resync it may or may not show up as an elliptical. The HR wont be able to pick the exericse. Most times it would put it under aerobics. If you are moving your feet then at a good pace then it likes run. However, you do get the ability to graph out your activities in Garmin Connect.
  • pritynpink08
    pritynpink08 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a vivosmart. Feel free to add me. Pritynpink08.
  • zenjen13
    Options
    zenjen13 wrote: »

Yes, that is what it does. If you delete from MFP and resync it may or may not show up as an elliptical. The HR wont be able to pick the exericse. Most times it would put it under aerobics. If you are moving your feet then at a good pace then it likes run. However, you do get the ability to graph out your activities in Garmin Connect.

Thanks 20years, I was going at a good pace so essentially it was a run on the machine. Good to know I did it correctly and that at least the data will show on Connect.
  • NerineLuna
    NerineLuna Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking of getting a Charge HR for a while now, will be checking in here if I do get it this month, because I know nobody in real life with an activity tracker of any kind..
  • gshall66
    gshall66 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I see others are having the same problem as me, Vivoactive steps not showing up in MFP. Mine were, also my bike riding from Strava too, but I found the kj calcs all over the place, so I disconnected all my apps to MFP. Now I want to add my Garmin back. Garmin site says I am connected to MFP, but MFP says I am not connected, and everytime I hit connect it takes me to the Garmin site and does nothing, very confused.
  • gshall66
    gshall66 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    http://support.garmin.com/support/searchSupport/simpleCase.htm?caseId={c8632470-b300-11e4-6728-000000000000}&kbName=garmin all sorted, everything syncs again, I think the trick is to wait the 15 minutes before connecting again.

G