There are 'BAD' foods

Options

Replies

• SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    Uranium-based foods are generally considered "bad" foods.
  • KittyHeaven74
    KittyHeaven74 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    suziecue20 wrote: »
    I see lots of posts stating that there are no 'bad' foods but if this is the case why do we have expressions like 'naughty but nice' when we have eaten something scrumptious we know we shouldn't have?

I know that with CICO I could spend all or most of my daily calories on foods like full fat cheeses, cakes, pastries, biscuits [cookies], ice cream, deep fried chips [fries], sausages, fatty meat and still lose weight but at what cost to my health?

There are lots of foods that are 'bad' but obviously only when they are eaten in high volume and too frequently.

I eat 'bad' foods occasionally under the premise that 'a little bit of what you fancy does you good' and the fact that they stop me feeling deprived and becoming a self-righteous martyr.

So come on, admit it folks, there are 'bad' foods.

I agree that there are bad foods. I know some folks here disagree, but if I eat a bag of Nibs, there isn't a single bit of valuable nutrition in that. Even the sugar is bad for me. How can this food be considered okay? It's like eating plastic laced with sugar - and yes, I do still eat them sometimes! But I fully consider them a bad food because they may be edible, but they BARELY qualify as food at all! LOL!

Foods that are calorie rich and high in fats and sugars can still be okay and offer some nutritional value if eaten on occasion. I may consider myself naughty when I eat things like pastries, but that's because I know what they do to my body. They still offer some nutritional value, unlike the sugar plastic candy. So I'm not sure if I'd consider these bad foods so much as more fattening and ultimately not the healthiest choice for every day ... but they are fine if consumed once in awhile as a special treat, provided you have willpower and can stop at one portion. I struggle with the portion control (hence why I'm here)!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    phyllis731 wrote: »
    I make it a point to stay away from processed and fast food. If I can't say the ingredients, I assume it's not in my best interest to put it into my body.

12227801_1653944808221290_2561059390114624698_n.jpg?oh=39b5c0463fd5871cc60c656553441ed4&oe=56E570B0
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I see lots of posts stating that there are no 'bad' foods but if this is the case why do we have expressions like 'naughty but nice' when we have eaten something scrumptious we know we shouldn't have?

I know that with CICO I could spend all or most of my daily calories on foods like full fat cheeses, cakes, pastries, biscuits [cookies], ice cream, deep fried chips [fries], sausages, fatty meat and still lose weight but at what cost to my health?

There are lots of foods that are 'bad' but obviously only when they are eaten in high volume and too frequently.

I eat 'bad' foods occasionally under the premise that 'a little bit of what you fancy does you good' and the fact that they stop me feeling deprived and becoming a self-righteous martyr.

I agree that there are bad foods. I know some folks here disagree, but if I eat a bag of Nibs, there isn't a single bit of valuable nutrition in that. Even the sugar is bad for me. How can this food be considered okay? It's like eating plastic laced with sugar - and yes, I do still eat them sometimes! But I fully consider them a bad food because they may be edible, but they BARELY qualify as food at all! LOL!

Foods that are calorie rich and high in fats and sugars can still be okay and offer some nutritional value if eaten on occasion. I may consider myself naughty when I eat things like pastries, but that's because I know what they do to my body. They still offer some nutritional value, unlike the sugar plastic candy. So I'm not sure if I'd consider these bad foods so much as more fattening and ultimately not the healthiest choice for every day ... but they are fine if consumed once in awhile as a special treat, provided you have willpower and can stop at one portion. I struggle with the portion control (hence why I'm here)!

Like Twizzler Nibs candy? Those have fat and carbohydrates. I don't know about you, but my body uses both of those macronutrients.

How are they harming you?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    phyllis731 wrote: »
    I make it a point to stay away from processed and fast food. If I can't say the ingredients, I assume it's not in my best interest to put it into my body.

Can you pronounce all the chemicals in a banana?
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Holy crap this is still going on?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

If eating nibs prevents you from getting micros and macros then that is a bad diet bit it does not make nibs bad
  • edack72
    edack72 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    everything in moderation
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    edack72 wrote: »
    everything in moderation

Except this thread of course
  • 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    everything in moderation

Lol!! Isn't that the truth!
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    everything in moderation

Hopefully it stays under 1200 posts...that's my budget yo
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    everything in moderation

The minimum post count for a male thread is 1500.
  • juggernaut1974
    Options
    everything in moderation

Even if I want to lose 6 lbs a week?
  • tincanonastring
    edited January 2016
    Options
    everything in moderation

That's a pretty lofty discussion goal. I don't think you can meet your conversational needs with threads that have fewer than 1500 posts.

ETA: Especially if you're reading junk threads about who to bang, date, or marry. Those are just empty threads that offer nothing in terms of nutrition.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

It's almost like people keep entering a 30-something page thread without reading it and keep making the same arguments with no regard for context, dosage, or the many posts that have come before.

In the old days threads like this died off after a roll or two and some cat gifs.
  • juggernaut1974
    Options
    everything in moderation

That's a pretty lofty discussion goal. I don't think you can meet your conversational needs with threads that have fewer than 1500 posts.

I'm only using good, clean words though. No BAD words.
  • tincanonastring
    Options

It's almost like people keep entering a 30-something page thread without reading it and keep making the same arguments with no regard for context, dosage, or the many posts that have come before.

In the old days threads like this died off after a roll or two and some cat gifs.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-11980-1381846269-1.gif
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

In the old days they were way more fun: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10020547/if-eating-trash-makes-us-sick-why-do-we-keep-eating-it#latest

There was an epic McDonald's one too, that I think ended up in ChitChat.

My question is whether we should start the eggs for the Easter Bunny thread on Ash Wednesday, which is nice and early this year.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

In the old days they were way more fun: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10020547/if-eating-trash-makes-us-sick-why-do-we-keep-eating-it#latest

My question is whether we should start the eggs for the Easter Bunny thread on Ash Wednesday, which is nice and early this year.

Oh wow......I remember this thread.
    RIP @herrspoons and @dbmata
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

I have been eagerly awaiting the Lenten season so I can resurrect the "what should I do with the Easter eggs" thread. It also is in my top 5 along with the one you linked above. The Easter thread has the bonus of the tangent about MMA.