WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2016

Options

Replies

• celtikgirl
    celtikgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Zooming through on my lunch break - so far, so good - have a long weekend at a B&B ahead of me - relaxing, but lots of food. Will need to plan ahead!
    Noticed all the cute dog pictures and couldn't resist sharing my two boys. The black one is Gimli, the tan is Porter Baldwin.

i4i78ou83ro7.jpg

dogs.jpg 112.5K
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Celtikgirl- Porter Baldwin has got the sweetest terrier face. I am such a sucker for terriers. Well, all dogs, but especially terriers.

PIP – It’s OK. You’ve got a full plate. Just check-in and let us know how you are doing whenever you can. I miss you and worry a tiny bit when I don’t “see” you for too many days in a row.

January goals:
    Plan and log food in advance
    All changes to the above plan will be logged
    Weigh and measure all food that I prepare at home
    Get at least 15 min per day of aerobic exercise
    64 oz. water (or what counts as water for my program) daily

Mia in MI
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts 5X5 workout

Squat-1X5X 65/75/85/95/105/115/120, 5X5X 122
    Sumo squats-5X5X107
    BP-1X5X 65/70/75, 5X5X 80
    BR-5X5X 85

I increased my squat and sumo squat by 2 pounds this time. That is the highest weight that I have been able to lift. It seemed heavier and I was a little worried about my form. I think I was able to keep that intact though.

Chris - thanks for the encouragement! You already do this by getting up early and revving up your engine by working out that is probably why you are so successful. You already have become a fat burning machine! Basically it is the same as I am doing now except I never eat any bread that we are encouraged to eat for fiber. I also usually don't eat breakfast until after 12 o'clock. I usually eat too high of sugar content fruit. And if you're doing Stronglifts that is like HIIT. I also get a day off where I can eat whatever I want and that was never part of my program. And, you have to take the Day off. The other thing that I don't do is eat as much protein as they suggest. I'm going to try it. It sounds like I would be eating more food and still be able to have a fun day without any guilt. I am only going to do this until I reach goal then I will eat my one sweet a day and continue with my good workout and eating habits. After all, this is a life time change!

Celtikgirl - your Furbabies are adorable!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • TrainerZumbaGirl
    TrainerZumbaGirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I will be 51 in March, can I join your forum? Lol. My New Year's Resolution is to be in the best body that I safely and healthily (is that a word) tee hee, be in for 2016 and beyond! Happy New Year to everyone and may all your dreams hopes and desires come true.
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Tracie - My work computer is being crabby (logging me off). April 16 - 17.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,313 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Mary, Chris - my diet is normally like this, except for oats for breakfast muesli and usually tiny bit of bread for lunch. It's not that I think carbs are bad, it's just that I prefer to spend my calories on the more satisfying protein and veg.
    Except today. We had DH 's favourite, mushroom risotto, which is to die for. I only use 2 oz of rice each. I wanted to make it because around Christmas time I bought a tiny jar of shaved truffles in oil and wanted to try them out. I put three tiny bits on top of each portion and a drip of oil. Oh my gosh! Talk about heaven! 400 cals a portion. Lots of mange tout with it and peas in the risotto. I like to imagine what a posh gastro pub would charge for my food and I'm reckoning, with the truffles, at least $24 a portion. :D

DH off in a minute. Good tv on tonight. :D

By the way - latest research says that women should exercise after eating and men before. :ohwell: That's fine for me as we always have breakfast first. :D

In the great scheme of things these things make very little difference. I have always believed in calories in, calories out and no frills. Worked for me. :drinker:

Love Heather UK
  • Martinatk
    Martinatk Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Martina and I also live in Washington state. I am new to the group so I will start with my health goals for 2016 and I plan on getting there.

I started the year off with an eating plan that I bought last year but was not too diligent in sticking to it. Soooo this year I have started off following the 21 day fix plan.
    Lose 1.6 lbs a week for a total of 35 by May. Traveling to Cabo on the 13th. So far so good, I am down a little over 3 and will not weigh again until I am at the end of the 21days
    Get in 13,000 steps and increase that weekly by 10% and also do a 30 minute exercise video.
    Drink 25 oz upon waking up before my morning coffee. Drink half my body wght in water for the day.

The plan that I am doing requires planning to be successful. So on Sundays I plan out my menus and do my food prep. Last weekend I made eggroll in a bowl, stuffed peppers, and unstuffed cabbage rolls. Each recipe is 4 servings so that sets me up for a a few weeks. I also precooked some oatmeal, brown rice, and hard boiled eggs.

I also have a goal of getting at least 7.5 hours of sleep each night. This week I am averaging 7.75..not too shabby. I am currently reading the book Made to Crave and also Eat the frog.

Looking forward to being part of this group.

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,766 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    Options
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,648 Member
    Options
    celtikgirl wrote: »
    Hi all,

Zooming through on my lunch break - so far, so good - have a long weekend at a B&B ahead of me - relaxing, but lots of food. Will need to plan ahead!
    Noticed all the cute dog pictures and couldn't resist sharing my two boys. The black one is Gimli, the tan is Porter Baldwin.

i4i78ou83ro7.jpg

Awwwwwwww
  • grandmallie
    Options
    dzfl061nw5ms.jpg
    Tom did the back splash...
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Allie, very nice!
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Allie - gorgeous, I love it. Wish my kitchen looked like that. Good job.

Janetr okc
  • obki45
    obki45 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hi glad i found this group, goals 1 - 2 pounds per week, be happy, 2016 is going to be a ME year, i am not putting myself down, i am NOT going to be the one hiding from the camera on holiday, i am going to stay motivated.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Allie - your kitchen is absolutely beautiful! Very nicely done! I love the backsplash!

Heather-Your meals are always very inspirational to me. They are a five-star restaurant menu item usually.

I made a little error in that when I was describing the meal plan for the become a fat burning machine diet, you can choose bread rice or another complex carb at every meal. It doesn't just have to be bread. But, it could be!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • grandmallie
    Options
    we are hoping that, and the bathroom will sell this house in a year or 2
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Welcome logjavannah. Where in TN are you? I was born in Memphis, spent the first 8 years of my life in Nashville. Lovely country. I debated moving back a few years ago, but could not give up my house here in Iowa.g1cr992buaan.jpg

This photo is beautiful. What a wonderful home. :smiley:
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options

dishwasher is all set up and running.. so technically the kitchen is done!! only took 7 months
    [/quote]

7 months took us 1 year. Of course the kitchen was the start n went from there. Gayle Minneapolis
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Peach – My main reason for the stickers is the mindless eating. If I choose a piece of pizza for supper, and account for it, and it does not send me too far over, then I did not cheat. If I’m too lazy to count out my Beanitos chips and eat ½ the bag, then I don’t get a sticker because I cheated. I am holding myself accountable and rewarding myself with both my health and a sticker on the calendar. It helps the visual part of my brain communicate with my psyche, plus I “speak” to my middle sister who passed 2 years ago, because they are stickers I found in her mail after she died, so I smile to her, too. I have seen some ladies post that they “close the kitchen” after a certain time in the evening. Maybe you could adjust something like that to work for you? I know it didn’t work for me, but the stickers are working for me. You Can Do This ! ! !

Janetr – I rarely buy anything without trying it on, because I’m not sure how I will look. You are in good company, and I’m proud of you!

DLS1029 – I shake too. Try just lifting your legs off the chair while pulling your tummy back to your spine. Even 10 seconds is longer than zero. You Can Do This ! ! !

Allison – I think your kitchen floor is similar to mine except a little darker. I will try to take a picture tonight when I get home. We chose porcelain, because DS is still a klutzy teenager who also thinks it’s okay to throw things, and we can sand-out chips without losing/changing color. I really like the dark cupboards against the chrome appliances. It is all very rich looking.

Tonight’s bowling match is at a house where DS usually struggles, so I hope he is either willing to listen to his Dad, or willing to not bowl as much as usual. Since DH has his league tonight, I will take DS with me to the Greek grocery store; they have 4 grapefruit for 99 cents this week, and I don’t want to wait and risk them running out. Plus, they have a nice Deli department, so DS can stock up on meats.

Now, back to work.

Hugs again for Everyone ! ! !

Terri in Milwaukee
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,287 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    t4402.gif

Trying valiantly to catch up!

Allie Great kitchen!
    Terri-Milwaukee That's a neat system. I like linking the visual memory with the logic circuits.
    Katla What a pretty house.
    Celtik girl Aw! A wee border terrier! My daughter has one of those.
    Heather That was a very interesting prog. The results surprised me! I have been on the Truvia today. I bought it ages ago but just never bother using it until now. Better safe than sorry. I have never been happy taking the saccharine products.

I keep reading the back posts, but they just keep piling up lol!

:heart: Healing thoughts and prayers to those who need them! :heart:

[img]http://www.freesmileys.org/custom/image/grey%5E_%5Egeorgia%5E_%5E3%5E_%5E5%5E_%5EWelcome! Newbies!%5E_%5E.gif[/img]

:star: Let your light shine out in the darkness :star:

:star: Each one of us is a vital cog in an infinite universe. :star:
    We may not know our purpose, but each cog needs to be oiled and tended.

80464089.png

:star::)smiley-happy110.gif:):star:

Irish Terri harp.gif