New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    I stopped by The Vitamin Shoppe today and got super excited when I finally found Oh Yeah's Birthday Cake flavored One bar! I purchased it and just got home, haven't tried it yet, but I'm already disappointed. I didn't know it had partially hydrogenated oil (trans fat) in it! That kind of made me lose a bit of respect for the company, but I mean, I guess I can't be too picky because I'm guilty of consuming it in other foods still, I just always hold expensive protein bars to a higher standard in my mind. Either way, I'm sure it tastes great, and I'm sure once I open it I'll be running back for another.

Can't wait for your review! I'm curious to see how they compare to Combat Crunch's Birthday Cake flavor. Price wise it seems that the OhYeah flavor is cheaper.

I haven't had the honors of trying Combat's Birthday Cake flavor, so I won't be reliable in terms of comparison, and I'm not sure when I'll get around to eating it (hopefully soon but I'm not 100% sure), I say you just go out and try it! Based off the reviews I've seen everywhere else, it's nothing less than amazing. I loved their other Peanut Butter ONE bar!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    skins1500_grande.png?v=1441026524
    Once you get over the fact that they're made of crickets, they're actually really good. They're really dense and soft at the same time, but not chewy. I like 'em, but at 10g of protein and 260-300 calories per bar, they need less dates and more crickets.
    1450732717474_Blueberry_centered.680w.png
    1450732811387_Cocoa_centered.680w.png

I keep seeing all these cricket things and am so tempted to try, but I just can't get over the aversion to eating crickets it weirds me out. I really want to maybe try them though some day. LOL "less dates more crickets". What is the cricket flavor like? Does it make you think of crickets or what? I've heard they taste meaty.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited January 2016
    Options
    double post
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    These were fantastic! Only mwep9yd4z795.jpeg
    80 calories per cake and the chocolate ones had a ton of chocolate on them. The strawberry ones were really good too. Reminded me of strawberry white chocolate kit kats I had in china.

qfgx7w6jd9jh.jpeg
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    egs9odb5k0xc.jpg
    This was one sale at work, so I got this instead of the Fatworks tallow. $6.00 is a much better price than $16.00 + shipping. It tastes pretty good, but I wish that it had a more pork-y taste. I understand that most people use lard in baking and that you don't want your pies to taste like bacon, but I mostly put it on toast and potatoes as a substitute for butter, and I wish it had a little more flavor to it. Oh well, a little Himalayan salt complements it pretty nicely.

xabz66uxwvge.jpg
    I'm not a fan. The macros are really good, and they remind me of the old Quest Bars texture-wise, but I never liked Quest Bars much even when I could eat them, so I didn't really like these. I ate them cold, though, so heating them in a microwave probably makes their taste and texture better. They were softer than I remember Quest Bars being, at least. You can eat these cold without pulling out any teeth.

xsg0au6mpr22.jpg
    Loved these! These were on sale for $1.99. I normally hate seaweed, but the cheap price made me willing to give them a shot. The siraccha masks the seaweed flavor really nicely and gives them a wonderful kick. They're also that perfect balance of saltiness that makes you want to grab another and another without being so salty that you feel the need to reach for some water.

79z639h8hrvg.jpg

These weren't nearly as good as the spicy ones. There was nothing to mask the seaweed, so you could really taste it. They had nice crunch, but the taste was just icky to me. Fans of seaweed would probably still like them, though.

h3t99kspw0kp.jpg
    LOVE these! Sweet and crunchy and savory all at the same time...It nice on my wallet that we sell them by the pound, but terrible for my macros!

i0wtav00d2an.jpg
    This is really good too! It's not nearly as good as my homemade bone broth, but it's a good option if you can't make your own for some reason and can't afford the really expensive frozen bone broths. It's a little plain in it's own, but it's really good if you warm it up with some salt and pepper before you put it in your coffee mug. I actually like that it's plain, since it allows you to customize it to your taste. Tastes a lot like drinking Thanksgiving dinner in a cup. Yum! :)

qw9hpsistp9a.jpeg

in regards to the pacific bone broth their bone STOCK is nice ans 14 grams of protein. I buy their bone broth for cooking and the stock for basically drinking it if i need low can protien.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    skins1500_grande.png?v=1441026524
    Once you get over the fact that they're made of crickets, they're actually really good. They're really dense and soft at the same time, but not chewy. I like 'em, but at 10g of protein and 260-300 calories per bar, they need less dates and more crickets.
    1450732717474_Blueberry_centered.680w.png
    1450732811387_Cocoa_centered.680w.png

I keep seeing all these cricket things and am so tempted to try, but I just can't get over the aversion to eating crickets it weirds me out. I really want to maybe try them though some day. LOL "less dates more crickets". What is the cricket flavor like? Does it make you think of crickets or what? I've heard they taste meaty.
    I've tried mealworms, crickets, and scorpions. Scorpions taste burnt, but mealworms and crickets are pretty tasty. They're kinda nutty.
  • space_case
    space_case Posts: 89 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I have not tried these but saw them at the store today and they look divine.
    sunflower-cc.png?220,306,0,100,100,16777215,314078165
    cashew-wcsc.png?220,306,0,100,100,16777215,432041801
    cashew-ccc.png?220,306,0,100,100,16777215,521640765
    cashew-bvc.png?220,306,0,100,100,16777215,1304819618
    sunflower-ac.png?220,306,0,100,100,16777215,3635270760
    sunflower-cc.png?220,306,0,100,100,16777215,314078165
    Almond_CV.png?220,306,0,100,100,16777215,3053839780

I want to try all of these lol

Yes. I want. Looking at the website a couple places near me sell them too.

I wish the website showed nutrition though.
  • Triplestep
    Triplestep Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I had a gift card to this website from relatives from Michigan and I have to saw I've purchased the cherry salsa twice and it is PHONOMENAL! It is by far the best salsa I've ever had in my life.
    I'm curious - what do you use it on?

• besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I tried the Exo, the protien texture was fine but I absolutely hated the flavor. The dates were too much and not enough cocoa. I was looking for chocolate not fruit. I ended up throwing both bars out after two bites. One to try it the second to really make sure I didn't like it. I can usually finish anything but it was to worth the calories for the macros at that taste. blech
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    besee_2000 wrote: »
    I tried the Exo, the protien texture was fine but I absolutely hated the flavor. The dates were too much and not enough cocoa. I was looking for chocolate not fruit. I ended up throwing both bars out after two bites. One to try it the second to really make sure I didn't like it. I can usually finish anything but it was to worth the calories for the macros at that taste. blech

Lol at a 'protein bar' that has 10g of protein for 260-300 calories. The bread I use and some ice cream have a better protein ratio than that...
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Lol at a 'protein bar' that has 10g of protein for 260-300 calories. The bread I use and some ice cream have a better protein ratio than that...
    No kidding, it was trying too hard to hide it with the fruit that it defeats the purpose.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    besee_2000 wrote: »

Exactly, I prefer my protein bars to have about 20-21g of protein per 160-210 calories.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,620 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

YES!!!!!! Target and Kroger will not be far behind (I don't go to Walmart as often as I used to and since you can't order them online......).
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Oh man. Well I'm going to the store tomorrow but they said Wednesday in their ad, so we'll see.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Eating these right now
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
  • glassyo
    Options

Oh man. Well I'm going to the store tomorrow but they said Wednesday in their ad, so we'll see.

Are they on sale? Our sales start on Wednesdays.
  • glassyo
    Options
    WHOA! I just checked the target website and they have them too...in stores only. But I practically live there so....