I have more than 50 lbs to lose. Comment and I'll add you as a friend!

Options

Replies

• twilightbloom
    twilightbloom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me please, I need to lose 118 lbs! I really need motivation and support!
  • jenjens86
    jenjens86 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me :) I've got 100 lb to lose really first 3 have gone but I've got a long way ahead of me
  • SPFAFF19
    SPFAFF19 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal is to lose 140lbs... but I am making mini goals in the mean time so I don't get discouraged. Lost 4lbs so far so on the right track! Add me, I could use the motivation :)
  • CanaDana11
    CanaDana11 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Finding all the friends on here is definitely motivating. I'm down 7.4 lbs and making much smarter choices!!
  • angelamichelle_xo
    angelamichelle_xo Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    CanaDana11 wrote: »
    Looking for friends to help hold me accountable. I have more than 50 pounds to lose and the doctor still wouldn't be happy but I would feel better. I love pizza, fast food, chocolate and favourite is chips and dip. So please please add me or comment to help knock those foods out of my hand.

dude you got this.
  • swimmer301
    swimmer301 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I'm trying to loss 70 lbs.
  • cnwilliams86
    cnwilliams86 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Going to lose 50 pounds for my wedding in a year. My Instagram is Cassandra_9
    We can do this!
  • thenikkihoff
    thenikkihoff Posts: 4 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I have about 80 to lose. Work in progress!
  • Irener2k8
    Irener2k8 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So my current goal is to get under 200 lbs. So I have about 40 lbs to lose. I just started logging my food on MFP 2 days ago. So far, so good. I am using Slim Fast and drinking lots of water. I also love pizza & chocolate, but I'm really a chip monster. Salty snacks are my downfall. I love a good crunch when watching TV at night. So I guess I have to start going to bed earlier, too.
  • aaronpugh
    aaronpugh Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you! I need to drop 30lbs and am sure having friends on myfitnesspal will help :)
  • JackieMaughan
    JackieMaughan Posts: 23 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hey, Snacking Ladies,
    You absolutely cannot eat pizza and chocolate and chips and salty snacks in any but micro quantities (like the size of a fruit fly). Salt is a bad boy--retains water, so not only are you getting the empty calories, you're getting too much salt which a) retains water, and b) increases your blood pressure. Increased blood pressure is hard on your heart since it makes the heart work harder to pump the blood through your body. Consistently eating too much salt can shorten your lifespan.

There is absolutely NO way around it. If you want to knosh on high calorie, fat and salty or sweet food, you will not lose weight, period. I'll bet you're not eating that pizza and chocolate and those chips while you're sweating it out on the elliptical machine either. Naw, you're kicking back on the couch in the Victoria's Secret lounge set you got for Christmas and watching reruns of Orange is the New Black.

So, here is the choice: go ahead and lay (lie?) on that couch and eat to your heart's content and look like it, or work out two to three times a week, count your calories and eat what's good for you, work out regularly, and look like it.

You'll be able to take a breather now an again, maybe a slice or two of double-cheese, double-pepperoni, if you've been a good girl. And you'll know you've been good because the scale well tell you; so will the top button on your Levi's. Keep it up and you'll be out of your fat pants and into your not-so-fat pants and then into your pretty skinny jeans and so on till you are singing the Hallelujah Chorus.
    Finally, do not give up. Do not lose heart. We have either been there or are there right now.
    Jackie (I lost 50 pounds six years ago.)
  • nonoark
    nonoark Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I have 60lbs to get to my adult low, but would love to make that a nice round figure of 100lbs and finally be under 200 with a some room to breath. I understand your love for chips and dip. Have you tried Hummus? I make my own and put in the spices to make me happy. Helps to keep me on track. I have given up most all of my bread and cutting way back on my meats. Sodium is a killer for me, so I focus on that. If you are looking for support, you have come to a great site!
  • JanetMMcC
    JanetMMcC Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I have got 30 lbs to loose! Got to get the healthy life back, nor more binge drinking!

The second part of your goal is probably even more important than your first. Excellent goals, both.

• Radiant_Roars
    Radiant_Roars Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi there love to have you as a friend
  • JanetMMcC
    Options
    carrieEL wrote: »
    Add me if you like..I have lost 127lbs over 3 yrs but just put back on 22 and I'm struggling but i think we can do this with support..I'm a foodie, it makes me feel good also when I eat nothing matters until after I'm done eating then the guilt..I need help , I have such heart hunger it's unreal !!

Concentrate your foodieness on cooking food that's healthy as well as tasty, serving yourself healthy portions and savoring each bite of the food you eat.

What else do you enjoy?

Maybe you could create a healthy meals business?
  • JanetMMcC
    Options
    Irener2k8 wrote: »
    So my current goal is to get under 200 lbs. So I have about 40 lbs to lose. I just started logging my food on MFP 2 days ago. So far, so good. I am using Slim Fast and drinking lots of water. I also love pizza & chocolate, but I'm really a chip monster. Salty snacks are my downfall. I love a good crunch when watching TV at night. So I guess I have to start going to bed earlier, too.

What about carrot sticks with a little salt for the crunch? Or allow yourself 3 cups of popcorn, instead of a big microwave bag? :) Save some calories for that snack.
  • Ainesilver
    Ainesilver Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have another 40lbs to lose.
  • jenniferbushey69
    jenniferbushey69 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    hi ladies , I have been where you all have been . I welcome all new friends !! One of the things that helps keep me accountable for a year now is a group on FB I join every 3 months its called BLC its going into its 20th run at the end of this month ( needs admins as well ) and its basically a comp with cash prizes for 1st 2nd and 3third place. It keps me accountable for my actions there is a weigh in each week with progress pictures once a month :) The more the merrier
  • Beachgirl78
    Beachgirl78 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My doctor wants me to lose between 50 and 70! Motivation and inspiration sound wonderful! Feel free to add me.
  • anthony120576
    anthony120576 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best! If you want to friend me, we can support each other