Replies

• Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Grosen17 wrote: »
    More nutrients in the yolk so EAT IT :)

It's not like you're about to down 1/2 dozen eggs

If eating a 1/2 dozen eggs with yolks is wrong I don't want to be right.

I had 3 for breakfast this morning...and I'LL DO IT AGAIN TOMORROW MWAHAHHAHA!

Did I mention that I ate the eggs runny over liverwurst? Give me your fat if you're going to waste it...my macros are set to 65% fat! Keeps me full and eggs rule!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Egg yolks are the best. I can't do just the whites (bleh).
  • Bambalina22
    Bambalina22 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    To yolk, always to yolk.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Chucking the tastiest part of the egg for no apparent reason in my eyes is just blasphemy! ;) Always the whole egg for me yum

Mmmm maybe I should make quiche tonight I want to eat eggs now.
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Yolk yo
  • dashley28
    dashley28 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    dashley28 wrote: »
    Wow thanks for all the great input, some of the comments are so funny! I have low cholesterol so I don't really have to worry about that and I am active probably 6x a week. I eat about 2 eggs regularly, at least 4-5 times a week. Is it ok to eat yolk that many times or should I be doing some white and some yolk like I'm reading others do. I seem to be in my caloric goal just fine with this, I don't usually go over.

Basically I'm mostly trying to gain some muscle with heavy lifting, that's my main focus but I also want to lose a little fat before a vacation 7 weeks so I have a small calorie deficit. I am 29, 5'4' , 128lbs and have a body fat percentage of around 24%. With my stats and goals is it reasonable to eat all my eggs with yolks?

Again you guys are great, I love that I can so quickly get the advice I'm looking for. This app is changing the game for me. :)

With your current body fat %, i wouldnt try to gain muscle (essentially, this means you would be gaining weight). At that %, you should still have a small deficit, try to get about .8g of protein per lb of mass and continue to lift to help cut the fat. Once you are closer to 20% then a bulk could be considered.

Keep in mind that gaining actual muscle, not to be confused with more efficient muscles, is difficult to achieve while cutting fat, especially for women.

Thanks for the advice :). I'm not necessarily wanting to bulk just get stronger and focus more on lifting. Increase muscle mass in a reasonable amount, but not explode it or anything. Now years ago I used to focus on mainly fat loss with mostly cardio and ended up 110lbs but I was a skinny fat if you know what I mean. I don't want that again so I'm trying to avoid that. So how would you suggest I combine cardio and weight lifting to achieve the lower body fat %? What kind of lifting, is the heavy fine or should I change it? Low intensity cardio or high? I have 6 weeks and I'm committed to doing it right I want the best possible results I can get in that amount of time and I will put in whatever work is required. I've already been getting some advice from some people on MFP on what I could do to alter my plan. People really are supportive and helpful here I find. Anyways thanks again for the additional tips! :)

• dashley28
    Options
    I love how basically every person on here is saying yolk. You know when something is as unanimous as that it's probably the way to go. Which makes me happy cause I honestly don't care for the taste of just the whites.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Eggs have been a diet staple for me for 20 years. Eat them almost every day in some for or another. Am pretty much a vegetarian so eggs are key. Get crackin' !
  • AnabolicKyle
    AnabolicKyle Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Currently eating 10 eggs for dinner, am I going to die OP?
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    it comes down to calories. Yolks are great. can you fit them in.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Currently eating 10 eggs for dinner, am I going to die OP?

You're probably already dead by now, but at least you hit your protein and fat macros today before you died. :D
  • dashley28
    Options
    You guys notice any difference in taste between the omega eggs and normal ones? I tried omega eggs and I thought they were gross so never did again. But maybe that was just that case/brand. Wondering if I should give it a try again for the added nutrients.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    You guys notice any difference in taste between the omega eggs and normal ones? I tried omega eggs and I thought they were gross so never did again. But maybe that was just that case/brand. Wondering if I should give it a try again for the added nutrients.

waste of money
  • AnvilHead
    Options

I've never tried the Omega eggs. I supplement with fish oil and also eat a lot of fish, so never felt the need. But I never notice any difference in taste between brands, cage vs. free range, etc. - they all taste like eggs to me.
  • melissalatzel25
    melissalatzel25 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    you guys... the egg industry, its so so cruel... why would anyone wanna support cruelty to animals? i dont get it...
  • AnvilHead
    edited January 2016
    Options
    you guys... the egg industry, its so so cruel... why would anyone wanna support cruelty to animals? i dont get it...

Because eggs are delicious. And so is meat.

Omnivores don't go into vegan threads and criticize your/their way of eating, so it's very rude of you to come into a thread about eggs proselytizing about your diet. When I see a vegan thread I don't click on it because I have nothing constructive to say about it and my advice would be unwanted and considered rude. Please extend us the same courtesy.

It's also derailing the thread. This thread is not about veganism or the ethical concerns thereof. The OP specifically asked egg eaters if they used the yolks or not. She didn't ask for opinions about whether it was cruel or unethical to eat eggs.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,392 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Wow thanks for all the great input, some of the comments are so funny! I have low cholesterol so I don't really have to worry about that and I am active probably 6x a week. I eat about 2 eggs regularly, at least 4-5 times a week. Is it ok to eat yolk that many times or should I be doing some white and some yolk like I'm reading others do. I seem to be in my caloric goal just fine with this, I don't usually go over.

Basically I'm mostly trying to gain some muscle with heavy lifting, that's my main focus but I also want to lose a little fat before a vacation 7 weeks so I have a small calorie deficit. I am 29, 5'4' , 128lbs and have a body fat percentage of around 24%. With my stats and goals is it reasonable to eat all my eggs with yolks?

Again you guys are great, I love that I can so quickly get the advice I'm looking for. This app is changing the game for me. :)

With your current body fat %, i wouldnt try to gain muscle (essentially, this means you would be gaining weight). At that %, you should still have a small deficit, try to get about .8g of protein per lb of mass and continue to lift to help cut the fat. Once you are closer to 20% then a bulk could be considered.

Keep in mind that gaining actual muscle, not to be confused with more efficient muscles, is difficult to achieve while cutting fat, especially for women.

Thanks for the advice :). I'm not necessarily wanting to bulk just get stronger and focus more on lifting. Increase muscle mass in a reasonable amount, but not explode it or anything. Now years ago I used to focus on mainly fat loss with mostly cardio and ended up 110lbs but I was a skinny fat if you know what I mean. I don't want that again so I'm trying to avoid that. So how would you suggest I combine cardio and weight lifting to achieve the lower body fat %? What kind of lifting, is the heavy fine or should I change it? Low intensity cardio or high? I have 6 weeks and I'm committed to doing it right I want the best possible results I can get in that amount of time and I will put in whatever work is required. I've already been getting some advice from some people on MFP on what I could do to alter my plan. People really are supportive and helpful here I find. Anyways thanks again for the additional tips! :)

Set a small deficit 10 to 20% below your tdee, follow the macros i mentiones before and do a combo of heavy lifting and some cardio.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Not if you buy free range eggs from outdoor raised hens, it's not.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

I get my eggs from a local farm, so no, not necessarily. You shouldn't make assumptions.

Also, you shouldn't go off topic in a thread about nutrition. If you want to preach against eating meat or eggs or whatever, it would make sense to start a thread for it.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

Set a small deficit 10 to 20% below your tdee, follow the macros i mentiones before and do a combo of heavy lifting and some cardio.

To add to this, I'd also check out and read the group http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/10118-eat-train-progress, especially the stickies. Super helpful group.