CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    Lourdesong wrote: »
    rorymason wrote: »
    Are there really people out there that can eat only one or two oreos?

I think it can be harder to balance Oreos with a glass of milk. I invariably would run out of one before I'm finished with the other, so having a reason to justify eating/drinking more than intended is a mental trap I try to be conscious of.

But yeah it used to be nothing to polish off an entire sleeve of Oreos in one sitting. A major part of the reason it was so easy was because I didn't pay attention or care how many calories I was eating.
    Now that I pay attention and really care about how many calories I'm consuming it's not very difficult to stop at 1-2 Oreos.
    Yeah, I'm the same way. I used to and still can eat an entire package of Oreos in one sitting.

Same.
    Especially if I'm soaking them in milk long enough to turn them into sludgy chocolate discs of goodness.

The only way I would ever drink milk (when not finishing up from a cereal bowl) was after dunking many, many, many oreos.

Those are the only two times I don't drink milk...

And I drink a lot of milk...
    But then how would you rescue an Oreo that was soaked too long? :o

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    There are many good oreos and great oreos, but there's only one best...

91GtfKQOcFL._SX425_.jpg
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options

I think it can be harder to balance Oreos with a glass of milk. I invariably would run out of one before I'm finished with the other, so having a reason to justify eating/drinking more than intended is a mental trap I try to be conscious of.

But yeah it used to be nothing to polish off an entire sleeve of Oreos in one sitting. A major part of the reason it was so easy was because I didn't pay attention or care how many calories I was eating.
    Now that I pay attention and really care about how many calories I'm consuming it's not very difficult to stop at 1-2 Oreos.
    Yeah, I'm the same way. I used to and still can eat an entire package of Oreos in one sitting.

Same.
    Especially if I'm soaking them in milk long enough to turn them into sludgy chocolate discs of goodness.

The only way I would ever drink milk (when not finishing up from a cereal bowl) was after dunking many, many, many oreos.

OMG, that mushy, melt in your mouth, chocolate wafer and just sweet enough creamy filling. I wonder how it would work with unsweetened coconut milk....
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I've never eaten an Oreo with milk, but again, I never tasted an Oreo until I was 23...
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I've never eaten an Oreo with milk, but again, I never tasted an Oreo until I was 23...

Put "Oreos dunked in milk" on your bucket list. And "Cookies n' cream" flavored anything, how does it make sense to you without ever having Oreos with milk? ;)
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options

Same.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Dipr-Ultimate-Cookie-Spoon/dp/B00E6WPS8C
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options

That's the saddest story I've ever heard.
  • glassyo
    Options

Same.

I...have no words.
  • Francl27
    Options

Same.

That's right there in the super useful kitchen tool category with the banana cutter.

I grew up in France... no Oreos there (but plenty of other tasty treats, lol).
  • AJ_G
    Options

Same.

That's right there in the super useful kitchen tool category with the banana cutter.

I grew up in France... no Oreos there (but plenty of other tasty treats, lol).

No, sorry, Oreos are better than any french pastries
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    LoraF83 wrote: »
    The red velvet oreos are awesome. But I'm a sucker for anything red velvet.

I usually just stick to double-stuff though.

:neutral: I've still haven't been able to try these. Every time they're in season here, I miss my chance. Wish they were in my store year round!
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Yeah. Oreo balls. They are stupid good.

I made these on my 30th Birthday/aka first day of bulk. Also good.
    a7gdjfy8vv1w.jpg

Whoa. Those look great!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Double Stuf Oreos. I also didn't expect to enjoy the Golden Oreo, but have become obsessed with it. Mmm.
  • RebeccaNaegle
    RebeccaNaegle Posts: 236 Member
    Options

a7gdjfy8vv1w.jpg

OH MY GOSHHHH..... :neutral:

I am so jealous.

I cant decide if I hate you or love you. Haha.
  • AJ_G
    Options

a7gdjfy8vv1w.jpg

giphy.gif
  • A_New_Creation
    A_New_Creation Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I was pretty stoked for the Red Velvet Oreos to drop, only to realize they weren't released in Canada. Did anyone have any?
  • Francl27
    Options
    I was pretty stoked for the Red Velvet Oreos to drop, only to realize they weren't released in Canada. Did anyone have any?

I didn't see them at the store. I'm curious though so I'll be looking.
  • glassyo
    Options

Target has them right now. I tried them when they first came out but I'm not much of a red velvet girl so I basically just ate the filling and threw the wafer part away.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Target has them right now. I tried them when they first came out but I'm not much of a red velvet girl so I basically just ate the filling and threw the wafer part away.
    Yeah, I didn't love these either. The cookies seemed really crumbly.

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    My favourite has been the limited edition (to the UK anyway) Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Oreo.

Anyway, Oreo baking...

p1kdftx956wg.jpg

289edhxgj48c.jpg

92b7ut051h43.jpg

jgv9wtjgdxrm.jpg

xekdykvixxpg.jpg

9lx2xdgb3hed.jpg