People That Think Low-Carb is Good For You are Wrong

Options

Replies

• OMP33
    OMP33 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    canoepug wrote: »
    You put a link up to 'Vegan Gains' ? The biggest prick on the internet....

Prick? Yes. Correct? Yes.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Emily3907 wrote: »
    So, I have a question. If everyone in the world was vegan, what would happen to all the milk and eggs? Would we just throw them in the ocean?

(This is in no way knocking the choice to be vegan, I don't care what people eat. Personal choice and all that jazz. I am just genuinely curious.)

The cow d'etat will begin

enhanced-buzz-18032-1337635971-5.jpg

FTFY

12479032e34a8e3848f80514f0d312e0f3d4a20be79c42983e25638cce45ebec.jpg
  • OMP33
    edited January 2016
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    OMP33 wrote: »
    "Eat fat to get fat
    Cholesterol is my friend
    Why Isn't my diet working"

This attempt at a haiku mirrors your attempt at diet advice, in that it doesn't work and is wrong.

Yeah because I'm advising a lot of fat and cholesterol. Nice try though!

Protip: haikus are 5-7-5, not 5-7-8. It's a fundamental fact that you've gotten wrong. Much like LCHF being the bestest diet ever.

I advise HCLF, not LCHF. Nice try again though!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    edited to delete
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • OMP33
    Options
    edited to delete

Both have a point in everything they're saying though.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    "Eat fat to get fat
    Cholesterol is my friend

This attempt at a haiku mirrors your attempt at diet advice, in that it doesn't work and is wrong.

Protip: haikus are 5-7-5, not 5-7-8. It's a fundamental fact that you've gotten wrong. Much like LCHF being the bestest diet ever.

I advise HCLF, not LFHC. Nice try again though!

Irony is awesome.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    So, I have a question. If everyone in the world was vegan, what would happen to all the milk and eggs? Would we just throw them in the ocean?

(This is in no way knocking the choice to be vegan, I don't care what people eat. Personal choice and all that jazz. I am just genuinely curious.)

If we were all vegan than chickens would no longer be subjected to the horrible conditions of factory farming to get their eggs....and the same with cows and milk. Do you think all the milk, cheese and eggs that the world consumes happens naturally???? Just curious.

I seriously was curious. Obviously, I knew the products made from eggs and milk would cease to exist naturally. Chickens naturally lay eggs and cows naturally produce milk, so I was just thinking if we stopped using the milk and eggs tomorrow, there would be a lot of excess milk and eggs (at least for a period of time).
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    canoepug wrote: »
    You put a link up to 'Vegan Gains' ? The biggest prick on the internet....

Prick? Yes. Correct? Yes.

Nope. Even other vegans make fun of him.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    "Eat fat to get fat
    Cholesterol is my friend

Please. I beg of you. Explain the difference.
  • sault_girl
    sault_girl Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Ok I may have missed this because I skipped a couple pages, but did we get clarification on how eating meat is not a choice??

• fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options

If we were all vegan than chickens would no longer be subjected to the horrible conditions of factory farming to get their eggs....and the same with cows and milk. Do you think all the milk, cheese and eggs that the world consumes happens naturally???? Just curious.

I seriously was curious. Obviously, I knew the products made from eggs and milk would cease to exist naturally. Chickens naturally lay eggs and cows naturally produce milk, so I was just thinking if we stopped using the milk and eggs tomorrow, there would be a lot of excess milk and eggs (at least for a period of time).

they would still do these naturally as they did before we started farming. would there be less? yes.. would that matter if we are not farming? no.
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    "Eat fat to get fat
    Cholesterol is my friend

Irony is awesome.

LOL
  • muffinzmom
    muffinzmom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi - I need to limit protein due to limited kidney function. Cutting back on animal protein has been working for me. However, my doctor says I am pre-diabetic and she would like me to eat less carbs. Looking for good recipes that use low gi carbs.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    "Eat fat to get fat
    Cholesterol is my friend

Now this, this is forum gold... Irony at it's best
    tumblr_nscscqgnyw1s391qwo1_250.gif
    gold-prices-fell-periu-open-forum-432.jpg
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    sault_girl wrote: »
    Ok I may have missed this because I skipped a couple pages, but did we get clarification on how eating meat is not a choice??

I recommend not skipping pages and reading the whole thread.

For all the haikus and gifs of course.
  • OMP33
    edited January 2016
    Options

Then the milk could actually go to raising their calves instead of the calves being taken away from their mother. Also, chickens would go back to normally producing their natural amount of eggs, 17 per year, instead of the 300 per year they've been made to do.
  • sullus
    Options
    sault_girl wrote: »

It thinks animals are people. Keeps referring to them as "someone"
  • sullus
    Options

Then the milk could actually go to raising their calves instead of the calves being taken away from their mother. Also, chickens would go back to normally producing their natural amount of eggs, 17 per year, instead of the 300 per year they've been made to do.

Souhhhh .. where do you get your veal, then? Taking the calves and drinking the milk sounds like a win-win to me ...
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options

The cow d'etat will begin

enhanced-buzz-18032-1337635971-5.jpg

FTFY

12479032e34a8e3848f80514f0d312e0f3d4a20be79c42983e25638cce45ebec.jpg

I'm SHOCKED.
    SHOCKED!

t

(That it took 11 pages of this nonsense before someone posted a cat)

This discussion has been closed.