Options
1121314151618»

Replies

• OMP33
    OMP33 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Seth1825 wrote: »
    OMP33 wrote: »
    Everyone that thinks a low-carb is good for you and will work in the long-term is wrong. You're pushing your bodies into an ill state called Ketosis. Your body runs off of carbs, I eat 600g of carbs a day with under 40g of protein and 20g of fats. This uninformative and lieing industry is telling us that meat, dairy, and eggs are good for us? That stuff is loaded with cholesterol and will end up hurting you in the long run. Eat a high carb, low fat, vegan/vegetarian (low dairy) diet and live life to the fullest.

600g of Carbs?? What the hell do you eat all day Potatoes, bread, and oatmeal? That's excessive and can even lead to obesity and/or diabetes?

Yeah, that's what I eat usually. I'm 152 lbs and do not have a risk of diabetes. Those kinds of carbs are good for you.
  • minikinminx
    minikinminx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Emily3907 wrote: »
    shell1005 wrote: »
    So, I have a question. If everyone in the world was vegan, what would happen to all the milk and eggs? Would we just throw them in the ocean?

(This is in no way knocking the choice to be vegan, I don't care what people eat. Personal choice and all that jazz. I am just genuinely curious.)

If we were all vegan than chickens would no longer be subjected to the horrible conditions of factory farming to get their eggs....and the same with cows and milk. Do you think all the milk, cheese and eggs that the world consumes happens naturally???? Just curious.

I seriously was curious. Obviously, I knew the products made from eggs and milk would cease to exist naturally. Chickens naturally lay eggs and cows naturally produce milk, so I was just thinking if we stopped using the milk and eggs tomorrow, there would be a lot of excess milk and eggs (at least for a period of time).

Then the milk could actually go to raising their calves instead of the calves being taken away from their mother. Also, chickens would go back to normally producing their natural amount of eggs, 17 per year, instead of the 300 per year they've been made to do.

Cows would no longer be kept, except by the occassional hobby farmer. Meat/ animal products actually cost a lot to produce. Farmers wouldn't keep them if there was no profit. Not all fairy tales have happy endings I'm afraid.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Seth1825 wrote: »
    Everyone that thinks a low-carb is good for you and will work in the long-term is wrong. You're pushing your bodies into an ill state called Ketosis. Your body runs off of carbs, I eat 600g of carbs a day with under 40g of protein and 20g of fats. This uninformative and lieing industry is telling us that meat, dairy, and eggs are good for us? That stuff is loaded with cholesterol and will end up hurting you in the long run. Eat a high carb, low fat, vegan/vegetarian (low dairy) diet and live life to the fullest.

600g of Carbs?? What the hell do you eat all day Potatoes, bread, and oatmeal? That's excessive and can even lead to obesity and/or diabetes?

Yeah, that's what I eat usually. I'm 152 lbs and do not have a risk of diabetes. Those kinds of carbs are good for you.

how tall are you? 5'5?
  • OMP33
    Options
    sullus wrote: »
    So, I have a question. If everyone in the world was vegan, what would happen to all the milk and eggs? Would we just throw them in the ocean?

(This is in no way knocking the choice to be vegan, I don't care what people eat. Personal choice and all that jazz. I am just genuinely curious.)

If we were all vegan than chickens would no longer be subjected to the horrible conditions of factory farming to get their eggs....and the same with cows and milk. Do you think all the milk, cheese and eggs that the world consumes happens naturally???? Just curious.

I seriously was curious. Obviously, I knew the products made from eggs and milk would cease to exist naturally. Chickens naturally lay eggs and cows naturally produce milk, so I was just thinking if we stopped using the milk and eggs tomorrow, there would be a lot of excess milk and eggs (at least for a period of time).

Then the milk could actually go to raising their calves instead of the calves being taken away from their mother. Also, chickens would go back to normally producing their natural amount of eggs, 17 per year, instead of the 300 per year they've been made to do.

Souhhhh .. where do you get your veal, then? Taking the calves and drinking the milk sounds like a win-win to me ...

That's a sociopath way of thinking

The word you want is psychopath, not sociopath. Here. Learn something. https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/wicked-deeds/201401/how-tell-sociopath-psychopath

Nah, sociopath is fine. "A disregard for the rights of others"
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I miss the cat gifs
    But haikus can be fun too
    And so...#WhyNotBoth

51kHLxEJhwL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    trolls.gif

He can't be a troll. Trolls eat almost exclusively meat. Duh.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Mutant ninja cows
    Stomping free range chicken eggs
    Anarchy ensues
  • smis92103
    smis92103 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    LOL. Hilarious.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    how the hell did I miss 12 pages of this?????????????
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    edited to delete

Both have a point in everything they're saying though.

what point is that? wishing cancer on people and telling them they hope they die from how they eat? they are both hateful,rude, and wastes of space. they push their "food religion" on others and those that dont follow are wrong and the worst humans out there according to them.sure if you want to be vegan be vegan but dont bash and wish harm on others because they arent. makes the few good vegans out there look bad. not to mention a lot of people are now having health issues due to eating their way.

I mean what else do you expect when there are a billion animals that get slaughtered each week? The people eating meat advertising the death of sentient beings.

there is no reason to be like that no matter what your beliefs. you can get your beliefs out there without wishing harm on others and hoping they die. its not any better than those who tell you you are going to hell if you dont believe in God or a higher being. animals were put on this earth as food. does that mean you have to eat them? no it doesnt. everyone has a choice. but to hate others and tell them they are going to die or wishing death on them is not the way to get your opinion across to others.. eventually there would be an overpopulation of these things, when that happens how do you expect to take care of that problem?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

You were in a steak-induced, protein-addled stupor probably
  • fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I eat 600g of carbs a day with under 40g of protein and 20g of fats.

LMAO! Oh, you poor thing! DYEL? :D
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    9d1ed17fad6f40b23ce343a77843e5719958261207090f95549d8dedb71de2aa.jpg

Guys, you have NO IDEA how long I've been waiting to use this one! XD
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

Souhhhh .. where do you get your veal, then? Taking the calves and drinking the milk sounds like a win-win to me ...

That's a sociopath way of thinking

The word you want is psychopath, not sociopath. Here. Learn something. https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/wicked-deeds/201401/how-tell-sociopath-psychopath

Nah, sociopath is fine. "A disregard for the rights of others"

Right right .. we're back to you not understanding the difference between people and chickens.
  • Trovan
    Trovan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Trovan wrote: »
    Also, chickens would go back to normally producing their natural amount of eggs, 17 per year, instead of the 300 per year they've been made to do.

LOL. You obviously know nothing about chickens.

Please educate me then about your mass knowledge of chickens.

Raised chickens for years. They lay eggs. It has nothing to do with us eating them, or with them being fertilized. If we stop eating eggs, it will have no effect on chickens.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

You were in a steak-induced, protein-addled stupor probably

freaking meat comma....happens all the time ...

last time this happened I woke up in Thailand with a kidney missing....
  • OMP33
    Options
    LaceyBirds wrote: »
    sault_girl wrote: »
    Ok I may have missed this because I skipped a couple pages, but did we get clarification on how eating meat is not a choice??

Eating meat is not a personal choice because it comes at the expense of others.

Eating meat is still a personal choice. I decide to eat meat, I eat it. My personal choice.

What isn't a personal choice is being meat, for the enjoyment of others. To eat. Like I do. Every day. Sometimes with A-1.

Oh, so let's use your logic and say that eating meat is a personal choice, even though it comes at the expense of others. Well there are people out there that like to murder other people. But if we use your logic, we can say that's it's a personal choice to murder those people even thought it came at the expense of others and we should just leave them alone.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread. Earnest and respectful debate on any message in the forums is acceptable. Attacking the messenger is not.

The forum guidelines include this item:
    Please note the following forum guideline:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.

b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

You may review the forum guidelines in their entirety at the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Thanks for your understanding,

psuLemon
This discussion has been closed.