40+, WITH 40+ TO LOSE!

Replies

• Angelenam1967
    Angelenam1967 Posts: 7 Member
    For me similiar story add in I was 47 and had to get a full hysterectomy. My hormones went bam my *kitten* did too. I personally found i had to eat as clean as I'm able without going insane. And work out every single day for a full honest hard hour. Nothing else worked for me. This app helped me track my food ( i have to have something sweet every night or some one will pay ;) ) i was able to drop 50 lbs and kept it off until just over the holidays i had surgery and couldn't work out for the month of December or jan. I've gained just over 10, but am back on the app, and started running and will be back to the gym with my doctors note on the 1st. Honest hard work really does pay off.. good luck
  • dfront2
    dfront2 Posts: 5 Member
    I'm glad I found this blog...really hoping for some motivation. I'm 40 and I have about 40-50 lbs to lose. I start and stop all the time, but doc is telling me I have to lose so now I have no choice in the matter. My health is affected. I am married, with one 12 year old girl (very picky) daughter who could also benefit from better eating. Really need like-minded people to keep me motivated and hold me accountable!! HELP!!
  • briggsykim
    briggsykim Posts: 75 Member
    I'm 43 and back on the wagon so to speak. I am a WW lifetime member and have lost and gained 100s of lbs since I was 10 yrs old. I'm never giving up!
  • monaghme
    monaghme Posts: 25 Member
    Hello, I'd like to join this group. I'm 48 with about 60 lbs. to lose (pic from a few years ago). I sent a bunch of you friend requests, if i missed anyone, feel free to friend me. I am married with two kids in college and I work full time. I've done MFP before but just on my phone. I'm hoping this group will encourage me to get on and log my food in every night. My daughter 19 is also doing MFP so hopefully we'll both lose weight. I was recently put on blood pressure and cholesterol pills by my doctor and he said at last visit that I'm becoming borderline diabetic. He suggested for me to lose 10-15 lbs. before my next doctor visit (in June) but hopefully will lose much more than that. I also have a big trip in June that I'd like to get in shape for.....I hope we can all inspire each other!
  • got2rockit
    got2rockit Posts: 41 Member
    edited January 2016
    Hi everyone. I am sore!! Slowly getting back to a routine since Christmas. I read somewhere not to let 3 days go between workouts. I'm going to follow that from now on! Boy I struggled this week!! But hey...I'm on my way!
    If anyone is interested in staying accountable for exercise - let me know. I will graciously accept your "get your butt off the couch!" posts!
  • angelamichelle_xo
    angelamichelle_xo Posts: 646 Member
    best of luck!! ♡
  • Sparkymel
    Sparkymel Posts: 80 Member
    I know that feeling very well @huogou .
  • melindat72
    melindat72 Posts: 3 Member
    SO glad that I found this thread!! I am a 43rd year old with 2 kids 11 and 13. Single full time Mom with Full time job. Somedays I feel the insecurity that I have with my body. 3 years ago lost all of it, went through a divorce and lost my way with exercising and eating healthy. Now I am back and just can't lose it. I am counting everything I eat.
    I am starting to get depressed about it. Work out normally 6 days a week cardio for 45 minutes and personal trainer once a week for 1/2 hour.
    My 11 year old keeps me busy with running her to and from basketball.
    Help need some time manangement tips.
    I know I have to start doing more core and weight training during the week but its the time crunch plus my mind feels that I need to do 45 min cardio to lose.
    I really do hate how I look and want to go back to 170 lbs where I was happy. So I have 60 lbs to go.
  • momma1994
    momma1994 Posts: 8 Member
    Hey Sparkymel! I am Jenny and I will be 41 the 18th of March. I am well over 260 pounds. I have lost a lot of weight before but I had the motivation of a group when I was at the local technical college. We had the biggest loser challenge and I lost 60+ pounds. I am looking at losing at least 60 pounds to get myself down to a realistic weight. Add me if you wish
  • Sparkymel
    @melindat72 I can totally relate. I am so glad to have this group and app, to help keeps all motivated. It is a hard and constant struggle. For me, I've found cutting out soda, fried foods and lowering my sugar & sodium intake have helped a lot. I've only lost a few pounds, in the last week and a half, but I feel so much better. We have to start somewhere right. We got this!
  • melindat72
    melindat72 Posts: 3 Member
    @Sparkymel We really do have this. I cut out soda 18 mo ago when I was getting heartburn constantly. Don't miss is at all.
    Wish I could go back to my 20's and teach myself what I know now. :-)
  • Jeans08
    Jeans08 Posts: 12 Member
    thanks Sparkymel! Sorry but I'm kinda clueless how the group's on here work! Do we just add to this post or join a specific group?

I need help adding people please. Thanks in advance

• Kimberly789
    Kimberly789 Posts: 7 Member
    @Sparkymel I've been using MFP since April 2015 and have lost 32lbs. I took a break and focused on maintaining that for the last four months. But now I'm ready to lose the remaining 70lbs I need to lose. I have been struggling with getting motivated to continue, but I definitely don't want to backslide and regain what I lost. I have struggled with my weight my whole life and am working on changing a lifetime of bad habits. I want to do this to feel more confident and be healthy now that I am in my 40s.

I am focusing on making small changes and adjustments as new challenges come up. I believe a lot of my issues have to do with emotional eating, like eating when I'm bored or anxious. I am a very private person so posting online like this is new to me, but I thought it could help keep me on the right track.

So far the things I have done that have helped me maintain the 32b loss have been to always have enough protein for the day and devote one day a week to preparing food for the week ahead. I rarely go out to eat anymore and when I do I look at the menu ahead of time so I'm not tempted when I get there. I also know my trigger foods and I don't bring them in the house. Would love to connect with you and support each other.
  • Sparkymel
    @Jeans08 Yes. Just add comments and support each other. I sent you a friend request.
  • Sparkymel
    @melindat72 Thats awesome! Soda was a hard one for me to cut out too. I stopped getting headaches when I got off soda.
  • Sparkymel
    edited January 2016
    That is great! @Kimberly789 Very inspiring. It is a constant battle, for sure. I haven't ever done meal prep, but I know a lot of friends that do. Maybe that's something I will try soon. It definately helps, having this group to keep each other motivated.
  • lisapierce5277
    lisapierce5277 Posts: 15 Member
    I am over 50 and post menopausal and thought that I couldn't help how fat I was I felt hopeless and was not comfortable in my own skin. I.was never fat as a child or in my 20's didnt put the weight on til my 30's and I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. I made a decision Jan 1 and I am not quitting, I have lost 12 pounds and believe me that's alot for me. I need friends to support me and I don't even know how to add people and I want to support too.please add me.
  • Sparkymel
    97j9vtbf7e2b.jpg
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    9bars wrote: »
    Good morning all :) hope everyone is having a good start to the week :smile:

I'm in the UK too colliefit, congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

I joined a sewing class last night and we had to measure each other to find our pattern size argh embarrassing my waist was 37 inches, I'm a bit tempted to make the dress a size smaller as determined ill be a size smaller by the time it's finished. I did see a loss on the scales this morning yay, nearly 9lb gone since I started. Lovely here, cold, but sunny and I have a day off so I just walked both the dogs, feel like snacking though so I've made a cuppa and then going to get busy cleaning. Hope everyone has a healthy day x

I feel your pain. My waist when I started New Year was also 37". I was really quite shocked. It used to be 28"! *mutters*
  • GinaSpartan
    GinaSpartan Posts: 13 Member
    edited January 2016
    Hello everyone, I'm from Toronto - how motivating to find this! Please add me to the group.
    I'm 49 this year...turning the big "5-0" next year...and need to drop 40-45 lbs. I had lost about 35 lbs 8 years ago...and then it slowly came back on. I started again to support my hubby...and then realized I needed to do it for myself, too. Started slowly running on the treadmill again (that's how I had lost last time, so I figured I'd try it again). LOVING IT...when I can get on the treadmill. I signed myself and my 16 yo son for a 10K on Mother's Day...we've ran it 2X before but last March, after I'd registered but not yet started training, I fell and broke my foot...so no run allowed for me. I'm determined this year...and really would value the support (and accountability) of this group!