How to get gf into fitness?

Options

Replies

• anapplefortheteacher
    Options
    Its one thing to try get your girl into fitness because you are a fitness orientated person, like myself I prefer to date a girl who plays sport or has the occasional gym visit weekly as I know she will understand my lifestyle. Its a whole other thing to get her into fitness because you think shes as you describe her "squashy chubbiness". Shallow fool, everyone is right she deserves better. Little bashful about it no wonder when guys like you cant see past it..

This.
  • angelamichelle_xo
    angelamichelle_xo Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    shame on you.
  • alafabeta
    alafabeta Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    What would you do if your boyfriend asked you to exercise with him?
  • PudgyPanda91
    PudgyPanda91 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Right now, I would work out with him - but that's because I'm enjoying it now.

In the past, I told him to buzz off.
    I've had relationships where they thought I was "squishy" and it feels like crap.
    Break up with her if you can't get over it. You shouldn't be with someone if you can't get over how they look.
  • HeidiLynnK
    HeidiLynnK Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Are we not all okay with telling someone, hey, you should get a haircut or giving advice/direction on things a person can easily change? Why is asking someone to work on fitness so insulting? I would be more upset if someone asked me to change my personality, but asking your significant other to tone up - not only is it good to help promote healthiness, it also promotes happiness.
    I wish my SO would tell me i need to work on things physically, it would push me more to do it. I want it too, but if hes going to ignore that i should do it, then I'm more likely to ignore it too.
    Everyone's different, this is just my opinion on it.

Ask her if she wants to do a challenge with you, maybe one of those cheesy 30 day challenges you see everywhere. If she does it, Compliment her when you notice a change or give positive reinforcement when you see that she's taking the challenge seriously and seems determined.
    Or just say, I'm going to the gym, you want to come with me. Working out together can be a good bonding experience for your relationship as well.
  • Jess1989ica
    Jess1989ica Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    alafabeta wrote: »
    So if she's a new gf that means she has been like this since you met her.... If you had such a big problem with her weight why did you start dating her? She has to want to lose weight. Maybe be a good example and she will follow by your example. If not, that's her choice. You chose her as she was.

I start dating her because I'm very much in love with her. :) I like her a lot, but I'm a real fitness addict. It's not that I don't like what i see! I just also see how it could be (even better) with some exercises. I just don't know how to motivate her to start exercising without hurting her feelings, if you understand what I mean...
    You're the fitness addict. Not her. Love her for who's he is. Don't be an *kitten* or you will lose her.
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Troll_B_Gone.jpg
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Poke her mushy tummy like you would the Pillsbury dough boy, tell her it's cute her thighs jiggle like Jello. This will get her motivate I guarantee it. If it fails though try the cake out the car window trick previously mentioned
  • Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,768 Member
    Options
    Could always look for a new girlfriend in one of the person above threads!
  • brillmer87
    brillmer87 Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    You're standing on thin ice, pal.
  • Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Options
    brillmer87 wrote: »

@brillmer87 how much does a polar bear weigh?
  • brillmer87
    Options

Not enough to blow you
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I had a long relationship with guy like you. He asked me to eat better, exercise more, and lose a few pounds "for my health". (Note - I had no health problems.) And I did. He even told me I was "almost perfect" once. I took it as a compliment at the time. It wasn't a compliment.

You might think you're doing her a favor. She might even think you're doing her a favor. You're not.

He's the only ex of mine that I hate, just a bit, because he never made me feel loved for who I was right then. He loved who he thought I could be, or he loved "potential me" more. Loving someone for their potential is loving someone that doesn't exist. Let that idea go.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options

Not enough to blow you

Oh snap.
  • Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Options

Not enough to blow you

Why would I need a polar bear to do that when I have you muffin? <3:)
  • brillmer87
    Options

Not enough to blow you

Why would I need a polar bear to do that when I have you muffin? <3:)

Awwwwww you always know what to say <3
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    im sure she could go hiit cardio bursts running away from you

<3

• fat2fitshley
    fat2fitshley Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I think you're incredibly selfish and I hope you break up with her because she deserves SO MUCH better...

But for your question I would just invite her to go to the gym with you. My husband will ask me to go with him (not because he thinks I'm fat either) and usually I'll take him up on it. It helps motivate me to go. Maybe she will go. Or you can think of some fun date ideas that are more active, like hiking, bowling or skiing.

But overall I think you should leave her if you aren't happy with her. It's fine to see potential in people but you can't force her to be your version of the perfect girl.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    If you think she's fat now, wait until you get married.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    her new nickname could be "Squishy"

Be%20MY%20Squishy.jpg