I just ate an entire box of Girl Scout cookies. Help!

Options

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    The same people who bash light beer (color or calories) are the same people who bash chardonnay roundly. You need to taste more before you bash and entire style / varietal. It's not an elitist statement, it's just a fact.

i'd ask them oaked or not. if they can't answer, their opinion is worth a grain of salt
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    This is in my fridge, but I do have several options for tonight:
    IMG_1102.jpg
  • auddii
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Since we're being serious: I hate oreos. Hate. Them.

And light beer is a heinous abuse of natural resources.
    What are you talking about?! Guinness only has 120 calories; that's less than 2 cookies. It's definitely light...

You can stay. But I'm not drinking Guinness. NB 1554 or GTFO.

As long as we're talking trash, New Belgian sucks. Odell, same town in Colorado, is a million times better, times one million, plus infinity.

Clearly we don't know each other. I'm familiar with said town and ALL of the breweries there, and many in the surrounding area. NB and Odell are merely the two in the area which are well known. However, if I were to start listing my favorites from one of the many far-superior breweries from said towns, the references would be lost on people as these brews are not distributed nationally. I try to keep my discussion relevant to the group.

I'm a beer geek, not a beer elitest. Nice to meet you.

Re-lax! I thought we were having fun. No, I don't know Fort Collins. If we are debating the nationally distributed brands, Odell is far superior. Humorously enough, it's not opinion so much as fact. You are beer elitist, because you discriminate on color and calorie count. Ever tried Guinness? Stone's Go-To IPA? Firestone-Walker's Easy Jack? Additionally, I do take umbrage as people (bandwagon-style) bash light-colored beers. You also never responded to my remarks about amazing, time-honored recipes for lagers and pilsners in Germany, the Czech Republic, and all over central / east Europe.

Watery tart, I appreciate you admitting that you like beer that tastes like something other than beer. It's totally acceptable. I just don't see any need to bash lighter colored beers, which taste more like beer than Vanilla Oatis or some double-chocolate Imperial peanut butter cookie stout.

How did I miss this. It really does sound like you think you're special because you've had some different craft beers. Good for you. Lots of people like lots of different beers. Lagers and pilsners suck. My opinion. It's a forum, I can express my opinion all I want.

And seriously, do not understand "rationale for the beers you drink"...

It's me trying to understand what you mean by light beers. Calories or color? I also don't think I'm the only one whose tried a range of beers; you keep putting words in my mouth, like when you said that I said I was the only one with experience with beer. I just get sick of the bandwagon bashing of light beer, now that craft is so popular.

By rationale, I meant the fact that you said you won't "resort" to light beer; your rationale, from my perspective, seems to be drinking non-light beers. You've still yet to define what light means, lighter in terms of caloric content or Lovibond.

ETA: I don't know where you think anyone said you couldn't express your opinion. Isn't that what I'm doing?

Low calories. I figured that was obvious since I said Guinness was light because it had less calories than a serving of cookies (and, um, it's not light in color?).
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »

What are you talking about?! Guinness only has 120 calories; that's less than 2 cookies. It's definitely light...

As long as we're talking trash, New Belgian sucks. Odell, same town in Colorado, is a million times better, times one million, plus infinity.

Clearly we don't know each other. I'm familiar with said town and ALL of the breweries there, and many in the surrounding area. NB and Odell are merely the two in the area which are well known. However, if I were to start listing my favorites from one of the many far-superior breweries from said towns, the references would be lost on people as these brews are not distributed nationally. I try to keep my discussion relevant to the group.

I'm wearing a shirt from Equinox Brewing and a Black Bottle Brewing beanie as I sip a Citradelic Tangerine IPA from New Belgium that I opened with my Odell Brewing key chain opener and poured into my double walled stainless cup from Telluride Brewing. The Zwei Brewing coaster wasn't necessary for this cup.

I just swooned a little (a lot). BBB has quickly become one of my favorites. Funkwerks is still my number 1 though. I just love me a good saison.
  • bspringer544
    bspringer544 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I just ate a whole bag of Doritos (230g, 1200 calories)... OOPS!! Lol Not the healthiest choice but I lost too much this week, had a successful 7 days of exercise, and I wanted it so I had it. And HEY!! I'm still under my calorie goal NOT including my exercise burns. Yay! The moral of the story is that a little binge eating now and then won't kill you as long as it doesn't become a frequent habit. Log your mistake, embrace the tasty failure, and move on with a smile. If you can't control your cravings it's probably best not to purchase another box, though. Get a friend to hijack your wallet until the end of the day.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I'm completely confused by the beer talk in the middle of the GS cookie thread.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I don't have any Thin Mints at the moment, but I've been plotting where I can get them, and exactly how I'm going to manage them appropriately when I get them. I am only going to do things losing weight that I can sustain for the rest of my life, and I'm not living the rest of my life without Thin Mints. My strategy is going to be to take one box and claim them as MINE and portion them out into ziplocs into appropriate serving sizes and log them in my diary for every day thereafter. The rest of the cookies will go home for the husband and kids and go into the opaque snack box that I never open. That way, I will eat my one portion in a day and if I want to eat more, I can remind myself that I get to eat another portion TOMORROW for a snack, until I finish the whole box, and stay under my calorie goal.

Love this, I plan something similar for myself :)
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    This is in my fridge, but I do have several options for tonight:
    IMG_1102.jpg

I'm done arguing with you, but was curious about the picture. I'm not familiar with that beer at all. I was wondering if you got the reference with drencrom synthemesc and velocet and those words. It comes from one of my favorite books of all time!
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Options

I contemplated a brewery tour of Colorado and then I realized just how many there were... Also, Moab Brewery's Scotch Ale is amazing (and one of the few places in Utah that sells high alcohol content beer).

I'll have to see if I can get a hold of that one.

I would suggest doing a brewery tour of a portion of CO at a time. We have so many. But start with northern CO. At the risk of being called an elitist (again), northern CO has an amazing network in relatively close proximity. Breweries, cideries, distilleries....
  • auddii
    Options

I contemplated a brewery tour of Colorado and then I realized just how many there were... Also, Moab Brewery's Scotch Ale is amazing (and one of the few places in Utah that sells high alcohol content beer).

I'll have to see if I can get a hold of that one.

I would suggest doing a brewery tour of a portion of CO at a time. We have so many. But start with northern CO. At the risk of being called an elitist (again), northern CO has an amazing network in relatively close proximity. Breweries, cideries, distilleries....

Absolutely love that you changed your user name...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Anyone who hates Oreos should be burned at the stake!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    p8ez3tbe3bk3.jpg

Yup those cute little 6 year olds are on a mission to kill us all...
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

i have a firepit and acres of land..... preparations shall be made.....
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

i have a firepit and acres of land..... preparations shall be made.....

I have HUGE....tracts of land.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    hope516 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    There's only 910 calories in a box?!?! I wish I knew some girl scouts

is it pretty bad that was my thought too??? lol

That's the horrible part. I thought "Well, no serious harm done." and yet that fact itself is what makes it tempting to get another box. For now I can just skip lunch and be okay on calories. Am I going to reason that skipping dinner is good next? If they were more calorie dense it would be better I think. It's on the verge of not being terrible but still being bad. Coupled with the supply that I have to walk by every time I get up it's a real storm.

How many of you here could avoid the temptation if you had a box in your bedroom, car, or RIGHT BESIDE YOUR DESK!? It's not an easy thing to avoid. It's not like I'm going to the store to get these. They're here at work! I can see at least 12 more boxes while I'm typing this.

OP, which do you want more, that 2nd box of cookies or to be thinner? You've already indulged, so now it's time to move on.

I keep candy on my desk for my coworkers, and I bring snacks for myself that are filling and tasty, while still satisfying my sweet tooth. Do you pack snacks? If you don't, you need to start, it makes things easier.

Ooh! Ooh! Pick me!

I know the answer to this question!

C- you can eat them and be thinner
  • JustinAnimal
    Options
    Watery tarts all over the holy grail references. Are there some who call her... Tim?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Did someone ruin this perfectly good thread about Girl Scout Cookies, Oreos, and non-light beer with the freaking Food Babe?

latest?cb=20070101083342

ETA: Strong first post too

And this surprises you????
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I'm completely confused by the beer talk in the middle of the GS cookie thread.

Because: https://beerandbrewing.com/VKm9gisAAF-R_rap/article/beer-pairings-for-girl-scout-cookies
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    The same people who bash light beer (color or calories) are the same people who bash chardonnay roundly. You need to taste more before you bash and entire style / varietal. It's not an elitist statement, it's just a fact.

Or...maybe people just have different tastes *shrug*

I hate chardonnay; I hate pilsners and lagers. I love sauvignon blanc and I love IPAs, stouts, ales, and porters
  • JustinAnimal
    Options
    My very first comment is that people have different tastes. It's the whole reason I took umbrage to people bashing beer for lightness in color or calories. I used to think sours were awful... until I visited Russian River Brewing. Anything done right can truly be amazing. And tastes do differ. That was my argument for saying that people shouldn't be roundly bashing a varietal or style. Like arguing if chocolate or vanilla is better. I'm trying to argue for the open-minded, non-beerist angle here. Anyway, I think I've alienated myself enough and will creepily watch from a distance. I've appreciated the exchange of ideas. I do actually think this is fun, no sarcasm intended at all.