I just ate an entire box of Girl Scout cookies. Help!

Options

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    I actually said to the hubs yesterday I'm having wicked cookie cravings and planned to nom some today. You know something mad? This thread has kind of put me off. Not because I don't love cookies, but because we don't have GS cookies and now I want GS cookies and anything else is going to be a poor replacement.

*emails US rellies for shipments*

I may or may not still have a couple cases worth in the freezer from last year

Having two female juggernaut jr's = a plethora of access to Girl Scout Cookies

Girl Scouts? You mean the Diabeetus Mafia? Food Babe says they're actually a lab-created crossbreed between Monsatan and used carsalesmen.

Ours are actually bred from sugar and spice and everything nice...

Sugar? You mean HFCS?!

I mean the debbil
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    i feel deprived that i have NO CLUE what tim tams ARE
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    I was wondering up thread what they are. They sound evil...so deprived=temptation makes sense.

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    I was wondering up thread what they are. They sound evil...so deprived=temptation makes sense.

"A Tim Tam is composed of two layers of chocolate malted biscuit, separated by a light chocolate cream filling, and coated in a thin layer of textured chocolate."

They come in a bunch of different flavours, too, including white choc, dark choc, chewy caramel, salted caramel, red velvet, raspberry, double coat, and various limited edition flavours.

tim-tams.jpg?e8481e

Even better:

"The Tim Tam Slam (also known as the Tim Tam Shotgun, Tim Tam Bomb, Tim Tam Explosion and Tim Tam Suck) is the practice of drinking a hot beverage through a Tim Tam. Opposite corners of the Tim Tam are bitten off, one end is submerged in the beverage, and the beverage sucked through the biscuit - as though the Tim Tam itself is a straw. The crisp interior biscuit is eventually softened and the outer chocolate coating begins to melt, at which point the biscuit is eaten. "
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

They are the most amazing bickies (cookies in American, i think) ever!!

nctjdxjnsz46.jpg

wym7ld1t2zb4.jpg

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    You're going to want to check in with troop beverly hills.
    troop_beverly_1.jpg?1346970645
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    @Alatariel75 I just noticed the different packaging in the top pic. Maybe they are available in America??
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    @Alatariel75 I just noticed the different packaging in the top pic. Maybe they are available in America??

i dunno?never noticed them but i dont pay much attention to the cookie aisle lol
  • _Terrapin_
    Options

"A Tim Tam is composed of two layers of chocolate malted biscuit, separated by a light chocolate cream filling, and coated in a thin layer of textured chocolate."

They come in a bunch of different flavours, too, including white choc, dark choc, chewy caramel, salted caramel, red velvet, raspberry, double coat, and various limited edition flavours.

tim-tams.jpg?e8481e

Even better:

"The Tim Tam Slam (also known as the Tim Tam Shotgun, Tim Tam Bomb, Tim Tam Explosion and Tim Tam Suck) is the practice of drinking a hot beverage through a Tim Tam. Opposite corners of the Tim Tam are bitten off, one end is submerged in the beverage, and the beverage sucked through the biscuit - as though the Tim Tam itself is a straw. The crisp interior biscuit is eventually softened and the outer chocolate coating begins to melt, at which point the biscuit is eaten. "

Got it. But why isn't company called yestheyare instead of arnott?
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I can get them here in Canada.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

tim-tams.jpg?e8481e

Even better:

That one took me longer than it should have; it's almost time for beer.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

tim-tams.jpg?e8481e

Even better:

What? What time zone are you in? I've had a head start!
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

tim-tams.jpg?e8481e

Even better:

What? What time zone are you in? I've had a head start!

There's a word for that....lush? ;)
  • _Terrapin_
    Options

tim-tams.jpg?e8481e

Even better:

Well workout is done, food consumed and we have snow. It is beer thirty here. I think I'll try the Monkshiner.

• allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Don't buy any. If you feel guilty about it make a donation. The GS only earn something like 50:cents per box.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Or buy a box take them to the bathroom and soak them really good and throw them out.
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    You can buy Tim Tams in the US in specialty stores like Cost Plus. Our friends from Oz were here in September, so we got to try the salted caramel ones. Unf. So good... especially with coffee or used as coffee straws!

Thanks for the beer-GS cookie pairings... I had forgotten about them! Mm. Also, if you can get some, try Mother Earth Brewing's Cali Creamin'. It is light (lol) and not a particularly fantastic beer, but it finishes tasting like cream soda, so that bumps it up in my opinion.

Also, also, Bud Light > Budweiser, because if you're having to drink it, might as well be lower in calories, too! :lol:
  • irenehb
    irenehb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I have a similar problem with Tim Tams. I bought a package but I'm okay as long as I haven't opened it. I know there are 90 calories per cookie, but now I'm wondering how many are in a package. But I suspect there are more than 10.

I've eaten a whole pack of tim tams many a time! I think there's 9 in a pack. I can't remember as it's been a while and I refuse to buy them anymore!

One of my favourite go-to take along dessert snacks - 2 packs of Tim Tams (any flavour you like, but chewy caramel is great) - obliterate them in a food processor, add enough condensed milk to make it thick but not runny (about half a can), fridge it for 30 mins, roll it into balls and roll them in coconut. Incredibly delicious, no bake, 3 ingredients. I'm doing them for Australia Day.

i actually don't like Tim Tams, these are the exception.

Sorry. You probably never needed to know that.

Don't like Tim Tams??? I have never heard that uttered by anyone before.
    Nice recipe.
    And yes 9 in a pack but they have smaller packs I think there is 5 in them, may also be 3 packs around.
  • shadows2424
    shadows2424 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I know you dont want to hear this but sometimes bingeing doesn't stop until its ready to. I gained almost thirty five pounds from binge eating on sweets, and i couldn't stop. It stopped on its own i didn't do anything to make it go away, so you can try not to buy more, but if you do just hang in there the damage can be undone.