P90X

Options

Replies

• jokerrn
    jokerrn Posts: 51
    Options
    Keep pushing Play Joker, great job. Still sitting and weighting for mine to arrive, it finally arrived in NC yesterday and I should get it Monday. Weighed in this morning and lost 3 lbs this week with clean eating (except for one slice of pizza yesterday....) over the past week and running, push ups, dumbell work trying to get ready for the real thing! Hopefully you'll have another workout partner next week.:bigsmile:

Man, I can't believe how long it's taken for you to get yours. You are gonna be in shape before it ever gets there!
  • jokerrn
    Options
    I don't like the yoga at all but i've never been a fan of yoga either so i just replace it with either cardio x or kenpo x. :-)

Just did Kenpo X for the first time in my life...what a BLAST! That was a FUN workout, and I kept in the "zone" for 40 minutes!! Worked out all of the soreness from lesg & back yesterday!!

Agree with you on this one...this is a great workout and it allows you to pick up the pace a little if your heart rate is not staying up. I am covered in sweat.
  • kenewayne
    kenewayne Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I don't like the yoga at all but i've never been a fan of yoga either so i just replace it with either cardio x or kenpo x. :-)

Just did Kenpo X for the first time in my life...what a BLAST! That was a FUN workout, and I kept in the "zone" for 40 minutes!! Worked out all of the soreness from lesg & back yesterday!!

Agree with you on this one...this is a great workout and it allows you to pick up the pace a little if your heart rate is not staying up. I am covered in sweat.

Great job! Now I get to start all over again in the morning...beginning week #2!! :happy:
  • jokerrn
    Options

Great job! Now I get to start all over again in the morning...beginning week #2!! :happy:

I think I am going to do the same. Tomorrow is supposed to by Stretch/rest, but I am traveling on Monday, so I think I'll do Chest and Back tomorrow and take my rest day on monday...really interested to see if I am as sore next week. Keep us posted on your week.
  • Rickesia
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to myfitnesspal, and I came here because I'm doing P90X now and I'm trying to eat right as well. I'm on Day 7 (oh, day of rest, i love you!). When I work out, I get so hungry and I'm looking for a way to... uh.. stop pigging out, I guess.

My fiance is going to start P90X tomorrow, then next time, we'll start on the same day so we can work out together. I love it though!
  • kenewayne
    kenewayne Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to myfitnesspal, and I came here because I'm doing P90X now and I'm trying to eat right as well. I'm on Day 7 (oh, day of rest, i love you!). When I work out, I get so hungry and I'm looking for a way to... uh.. stop pigging out, I guess.

My fiance is going to start P90X tomorrow, then next time, we'll start on the same day so we can work out together. I love it though!

Welcome Rickesia!!! Best of luck on your journey!! My 1st rest day was yesterday, and OHHHHH what an enjoying day! Still...eating was tough for me. I felt like I wanted to 'cheat' so bad...but I didn't! I did weigh in this morning, and seems I lost a little. That seemed a little wierd to me. I actually felt really 'fat' and thought I'd probably gained a little..:huh: Keep pushing play, and keep us posted on your journey!
  • jokerrn
    Options

I have a protein shake immediately following my workouts. I have some of the recovery drink on the way and we'll see if that makes a difference. I do find, though, that a protein shake satisfies my ravenous cravings right after working out pretty well.

Welcome.
  • gfr3228
    gfr3228 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey Joker, good to see you're keeping at it. One of the guys at work had the plyo dvd at work Saturday so we were going to do it as a group (at least 6 of us anyway). Wouldn't you know I had to cover another station during the day, and that night they kept telling me "wait for us, we'll do it between ball games." 2100 at night and started back running calls. I had it so close, but let others talk me into waiting, which equals no workout. That will not happen later, note to myself. Did my fitness test yesterday, more pushups, and ran about 4 miles. Felt great but mine is scheduled to come in today so I made it an easy workout. Hope your second week goes well. I'll be checking in when I get mine.
  • imcrystal
    Options
    My husband is on his second round of P90 and his results are incredible. I'm currently doing Turbo Jam and it's honestly the first exercise I've ever done that I actually look forward to!!

You can see his transformation results on itpays2getfit.com.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options

I have a protein shake immediately following my workouts. I have some of the recovery drink on the way and we'll see if that makes a difference. I do find, though, that a protein shake satisfies my ravenous cravings right after working out pretty well.

Welcome.

You definitely need a recovery drink of some kind after those tough workouts! It really will help. Protein shakes are great, but you also need some carb w/ it so maybe a banana or apple. (your body really uses the carb/ glycogen and you need to replace it).

Keep it up, everyone!! You will love the results you get from P90X!!

Jess
  • gfr3228
    Options
    Mine's finally out for delivery! It's been two long weeks and still nothing but promises. I hope the program is better than their service up to this point. I don't think I've ever looked forward to a package more, fills like Christmas did 30 years ago! Will post after the first workout today and report how it went.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Mine's finally out for delivery! It's been two long weeks and still nothing but promises. I hope the program is better than their service up to this point. I don't think I've ever looked forward to a package more, fills like Christmas did 30 years ago! Will post after the first workout today and report how it went.

You should have been assigned a coach when you purchased, so contact them with your questions or let me know if I can help. I've never had to wait for over 4-5 days when ordering so that is strange. However, last weekend they were doing inventory for the New Year and weren't shipping out workouts until the 6th so that might be why they were a little delayed.

You won't be disappointed in the workouts!! :wink:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I saw an infomercial about P90X for the first time the other day. OMG, I applaude you guys!!!!! It looks sooooooo tough!!!!! :noway: I don't know if I can do this!!!!!! Besides, right now I cannot afford to pay $120 and shipping and handling...maybe later I can get it. It could help out with a change of pace/routine.

I signed up at beach bodies site. Jess, you are my coach!! I took my measurements today and I need to log it in. :flowerforyou:
  • gfr3228
    Options
    Take goodness it finally arrived! I met the UPS man at the road. Brought it in, put my pull up bar together, and put the disc in (I've read the materials and watched the intro disc before) Went straight to work. Being the eager beaver I am, jumped right to work. My Lord, my arms turned to jelly. I've been doing push ups for 2 weeks trying to get ready, but switching back and forth and trying to work to failure proved to be too much. Of course, after about 10 minutes to catch my breath, I jumped on abs (actually it jumped on me and squished me like a bug!) What a great workout. I'm so excited that I'm on my way to improving myself, my body, and my health.

Tomorrow I'll try and get the guys at work to do Plyo with me. I can't wait to see a bunch of manly firefighters whining like a bunch of babies. Not that they don't already, but I think I've got something that will work the best of them!

Jess, what group do you mostly use at beachbody for accountability. I started to post in the over 40 group but it's not a very active group. May go with healthcare workers (also a Paramedic) but am looking for an active and motivated group to keep me going.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I saw an infomercial about P90X for the first time the other day. OMG, I applaude you guys!!!!! It looks sooooooo tough!!!!! :noway: I don't know if I can do this!!!!!! Besides, right now I cannot afford to pay $120 and shipping and handling...maybe later I can get it. It could help out with a change of pace/routine.

I signed up at beach bodies site. Jess, you are my coach!! I took my measurements today and I need to log it in. :flowerforyou:

Woohoo, I just saw that girl!! Thank you! Believe me, it is well worth the $120. I've been using the workouts for going on 2 years now and my dh too! :bigsmile: Looking forward to hearing from you!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Take goodness it finally arrived! I met the UPS man at the road. Brought it in, put my pull up bar together, and put the disc in (I've read the materials and watched the intro disc before) Went straight to work. Being the eager beaver I am, jumped right to work. My Lord, my arms turned to jelly. I've been doing push ups for 2 weeks trying to get ready, but switching back and forth and trying to work to failure proved to be too much. Of course, after about 10 minutes to catch my breath, I jumped on abs (actually it jumped on me and squished me like a bug!) What a great workout. I'm so excited that I'm on my way to improving myself, my body, and my health.

Tomorrow I'll try and get the guys at work to do Plyo with me. I can't wait to see a bunch of manly firefighters whining like a bunch of babies. Not that they don't already, but I think I've got something that will work the best of them!

Jess, what group do you mostly use at beachbody for accountability. I started to post in the over 40 group but it's not a very active group. May go with healthcare workers (also a Paramedic) but am looking for an active and motivated group to keep me going.

You are motivated and on the ball!! Good for you! Chest & Back is a killer workout and I am sure you will be sore tomorrow!! So you are are firefighter? Good for you! My neighbor is a firefighter also, I feel safe having him next door. :wink: I mainly check in on the SuperMoms thread that I started a while ago and a new ChaLean thread. I will send you the link to a few that you might enjoy though!

Jess
  • cjbranson
    cjbranson Posts: 121
    Options
    I'm new to this board and am sooooo excited to find my fellow P90Xers!!! :smile: My husband are doing it together for the first time and today is day 10 for us. We are also sticking to the nutrition plan and in the first week, we both lost 5lbs!!! I was crazy sore last week after plyo but today I'm so much better. I can't wait to see results at the end of the program and we better because we are following it to the letter and working our rear ends off during the work outs.

I have to admit, I haven't read through this whole thread yet, but I will and I'm excited about getting to know ya'll!!

Check out our P90X blogs:
    branson90x.blogspot.com (my husband Jeremy :heart: )
    christinabranson.blogspot.com (me! :flowerforyou: )

Please post comments... we'd love to hear from you!

~Christina
  • gfr3228
    Options
    Good luck to you both. Just started p90x today and what a great workout. Still managed a short 3.5 mile run tonight but I suspect I'll regret that tomorrow during plyo! Can't wait to improve so that I don't have to make so many modifications during the workout. I tried to go to failure my first round and don't think I ever recovered!
  • cjbranson
    cjbranson Posts: 121
    Options
    Good luck to you both. Just started p90x today and what a great workout. Still managed a short 3.5 mile run tonight but I suspect I'll regret that tomorrow during plyo! Can't wait to improve so that I don't have to make so many modifications during the workout. I tried to go to failure my first round and don't think I ever recovered!

Thanks for the well wishes! How did plyo go? Yesterday was Shoulders/Arms & AR X for us. My husband thinks it's his favorite workout. Mine is Kenpo by far- I think because it makes me feel strong! Ha!

~Christina
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I'm new to this board and am sooooo excited to find my fellow P90Xers!!! :smile: My husband are doing it together for the first time and today is day 10 for us. We are also sticking to the nutrition plan and in the first week, we both lost 5lbs!!! I was crazy sore last week after plyo but today I'm so much better. I can't wait to see results at the end of the program and we better because we are following it to the letter and working our rear ends off during the work outs.

~Christina

I loved your blog!! Good for you! My hubby and I have had a great time working out together as well. Keep working that rear end off! :laugh:

Jess