Looking for ladies "tummy apron" success stories!

Options

Replies

• Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    @bsbprincess I could have written this thread myself, we could be twins! Except my highest recorded weight was 251.

I've lost 86lb so far and I'm sure my apron has shrunk some, but it is definitely the focal point of my body when I look in the mirror nude. Very much still there. I hope to hear/see some success stories on this thread.
  • bsbprincess
    bsbprincess Posts: 161 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Ladies!! Thanks so much to all of you for joining in here, it makes me feel so much better. Strength in numbers, right? :)

I took a photo of my stomach (with underwear properly under my tummy so no hiding it LOL) when I started on Jan 2nd and I took another a few days ago. It definitely looks a bit smaller, and I'm pretty sure it has come "up" some too. It was so exiting to see that. Back when I lost weight I never took photos. It's so easy for me to excuse away small things like pants being a little looser or a weight change. But seeing a proper side-by-side and the differences already makes me so happy.

I have been eating much better, and getting through my Jillian Michaels videos. I'd love to go to the gym and see these "heavy lifting" changes that so many amazing women have shown off, but that has to wait for at least a couple months. I'm happy that in the meantime I have seen changes though, including an inch around my hips and waist.
  • bsbprincess
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Oh and if I have an impressive before and after later I'd be willing to share, but too embarrassed for now :P I have also been exfoliating my lower abdominal area with a wash cloth and using lotion there and I swear it's helping. My skin looks a bit less wrinkled even though I've lost weight! Definitely try it ladies!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    ive lost 160 pounds and my lower belly is beyond hope and a source of sadness for me

if u got a lot to lose surgery is the only thing that will rid it
  • ladylensherr
    ladylensherr Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Following, I have an apron and curious how it will decrease as I drop the pounds.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Nice job, ladies!! I can tell a big difference in all your pics :smile:
    Unfortunately I never took a before pic at my heaviest, but I have some progress pics I'll track down to post in a bit.
  • bsbprincess
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Thank you!!! I'm so inspired by these photos!! *Almost* ready to post mine. I'm such a chicken! lol. I don't have a lot, if I measure underneath and down it's about 2 inches.. and it's not that big either. It's sorta flatish... but the funny thing is when I weighed about 25 less than now it still hung down.. I know it was much smaller but it still hung down.. I had no idea how much better I had it and let it slip away... gained enough back to dream about being in those jeans again. I wish I had taken "after" photos at my best a few years ago... All I have to compare now is January 2nd to now.
  • bsbprincess
    Options
    I'd be willing to PM mine to anyone that is curious, but I can't just post it here... too scared for now lol. I swear it looks worse than everyone else's :P
  • Dreysander
    Dreysander Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have the grossest tummy apron ever because I was obese when I had my three kids and I had poly which made me get huge. I'm waiting it out and hoping it shrinks over the next couple of years.
  • bsbprincess
    edited January 2016
    Options
    *EDIT*

Chickened out lol
  • vballstlgirl
    vballstlgirl Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of weight to lose and am also a little worried about the excess skin. I think maybe if you get some good products to moisturize your skin and then also wrap it tightly for a bit. One of my friends post-pregnancy had this black Velcro wrap she used and she had significantly less issues with her stomach than other friends. I have also thought about getting some of those It Works wraps or products to see if that would help (or maybe just oil and saran wrap would do LOL). I am willing to try those things before surgery since that is expensive and painful. Good luck!
  • morgennn
    morgennn Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You girls have all done wonderfully!

I'm 5'5 and my highest known weight was 207lbs (I'd been dieting and exercising for ten days prior to this weight so I dunno true highest..) but I have a slight apron. Only slight! What are the chances of it never going away now? I'm now 177lbs and it's still there :(
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!