Over 40 and ready to change? Let's do this together!

Options

Replies

• LouisvilleRunner73
    LouisvilleRunner73 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm in. 42 and in process of losing 15-20 lbs.
  • tgatt2
    tgatt2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    IM IN. I NEED TO LOSE 25. WOULD LIKE TO BY SUMMER.
  • MisterB42
    MisterB42 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi All I am 45 and have about 20kgs (44lbs) to lose. Would like to make new fitpals. Please feel free to add me.
  • jwallo73
    jwallo73 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I started last March and lost 42lbs, got derailed in September and put 13lbs back on. I have about 45 left to lose now. Add me, I check in daily and live to cheer on effort!
  • Kitzey
    Kitzey Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing?? Any Scale victores or NSV's to share??

I was successful this week exercising 5 of 7 days and the scale showed a 1.6lbs loss.

I have been doing fitnessblender workouts almost daily and/or DH and I go golfing (weather permitting). Exercise has been easy for me to fit in. My food diary this week is all over the place and maybe a bit low for yesterday as we were out for dinner and I couldn't find nutritional information for the restaurant we were at so I did my best trying to find similar foods to log.
  • DrSelenaMyers
    DrSelenaMyers Posts: 260 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm 42 and have reached a point where living a healthier life is no longer an option it's a MUST! Would like to be added to this challenge so that I'm able to give and receive encouragement/support to my 40 and over peers!
  • Cellothere118
    Cellothere118 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Well, being snowed in today is a good excuse to start exercising. Now, staying disciplined and making it part of a regular routine is what will be the true challenge. There are no secret methods or magic pills to make it happen. Its all on ME.
  • mkey98901
    mkey98901 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am in. I am 41 and 90 plus pounds overweight. B
  • quiltqueenie
    quiltqueenie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello! Like all of you have much to lose and looking for motivation and support.
    I am 46+ and have > 50# to lose.
    My biggest NSV is cutting back on soda!
    I have found a great high protein "shake" at 160 cal, add frozen fruit and blend. About 300 cal breakfast and keeps me full. And the sweetness keeps me from craving the soda.

Would love to know what changes are working for you!
  • JPearl44
    JPearl44 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Having a pity party here on the bathroom scale this morning. 3 pounds down yesterday and 4 pounds up today. Totally back where I started. 20 pounds over what I was just 3 years ago and 60 more than I should be. Ugh!!!!!!!!!
  • quiltqueenie
    quiltqueenie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    ywiucrxeth0c.jpeg hang in there! New day, new chance to succeed!
  • Kitzey
    Kitzey Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    JPearl, chin up, you are in the right place for some motivation. The scale is just a number, have you taken your measurements? The reason they tell us not to weigh ourselves everyday is the scale will go up and down, so if you are going to weigh yourself daily you need to not put so much emphasis on the number.

The scale can change due to numerous reasons: glycogen storage, excess water, alcohol etc. Try not to focus to much attention on a number, how do you feel?

Have you taken your measurements? When I have a bad scale week, I take my measurements and compare them from the last time so I can see how far I've come; seems to work for me. I only take measurements when the scale hasn't moved and I've found that it is a great way to stay motivated as when the scale is at a standstill I've usually lost inches somewhere due to exercising and toning.
  • Feistychick68
    Feistychick68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and keep failing at losing weight. I took a break from MFP due to too many issues in my life. Im awaiting some medical test results. Was going to wait till I got them to start, but waiting isn't going to help.. So tired of carrying this baggage on my body. Need to lose 50 pounds minimum.. I have 99 problems but I'm tired of my weight being one of them.. Idk if I can join but would like to.
  • JPearl44
    Options
    ywiucrxeth0c.jpeg hang in there! New day, new chance to succeed!

Thank you!!! Nice to have support when you need it!!!
  • JPearl44
    Options
    Kitzey wrote: »
    JPearl, chin up, you are in the right place for some motivation. The scale is just a number, have you taken your measurements? The reason they tell us not to weigh ourselves everyday is the scale will go up and down, so if you are going to weigh yourself daily you need to not put so much emphasis on the number.

The scale can change due to numerous reasons: glycogen storage, excess water, alcohol etc. Try not to focus to much attention on a number, how do you feel?

Have you taken your measurements? When I have a bad scale week, I take my measurements and compare them from the last time so I can see how far I've come; seems to work for me. I only take measurements when the scale hasn't moved and I've found that it is a great way to stay motivated as when the scale is at a standstill I've usually lost inches somewhere due to exercising and toning.

Thank you!!! Great suggestion on measurements. I haven't done that in a while.
  • tammyboles1216
    tammyboles1216 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in - I'm 52 and have 35LBs to lose...
  • misskirin
    misskirin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and I don't know how much I need to lose. I am just SICK of feeling tired all the time, so I've made changes starting TODAY (well, last night)... I assume if I do the correct things in order to feel better and have more energy then I will lose weight too, right?
    I am currently 127lbs (5'5") which I know is not technically overweight, BUT I look terrible. I have a body shape like Spongebob Squarepants lol.
  • Cellothere118
    Cellothere118 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    JPearl44 wrote: »
    Having a pity party here on the bathroom scale this morning. 3 pounds down yesterday and 4 pounds up today. Totally back where I started. 20 pounds over what I was just 3 years ago and 60 more than I should be. Ugh!!!!!!!!!

Ive done that plenty of times, and Im still trying to "perfect" having setbacks, when the truth is.. they will ALWAYS pop up! My problem is I get angry with myself, and figure why bother.. when we know the right thing to do is move on. I know its hard, and its a complete piss off. I would guess just about everyone here has done the same thing. We need to keep chipping away at our progress, and (try very hard) to remember it all adds up. Hang tight!
  • doodlebomb
    doodlebomb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Daphne and I'm 40 with a 4 year old energy sucker lol. I need to lose 80 from my start weight but I've currently lost 10, so only 70 to go! :# I'd love to have more friends on here so please feel free to add me! We can do it!
  • Becky_44
    Becky_44 Posts: 227 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Becky, 44 years old and I want to lose 20 pounds. I am up from my lowest and it's been a struggle to lose the bit I need to be back in my healthy weight range.