Over 40 and ready to change? Let's do this together!

Options

Replies

• onarticus
    onarticus Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in, add me please
  • magsl71
    magsl71 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you. I have around 64lbs to lose before I can start getting serious with my real goal, which is bodysculpting. A big kick up the butt is what I need when I feel like I am about to do so serious procrastinating. Not this time.
  • lgshelton
    lgshelton Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    100toloose wrote: »
    @lgshelton I'm starting nice and slowly... I have been a bit over my daily limit the last 2 days slightly. Hoping it will be better today and will be able to keep the calories down.And thank you for the kind words :):)

lgshelton wrote: »
    I'm in,if not too late. Turning 40 in two weeks and I have to make changes now.. or it will be too late. So ,I'm 260.. I'm so scared and mortified how I even got here .. but enough of the moping ,I'm ready to rumble..

You can do this! At my heaviest I was 250, so I know the struggle. I had lost 60 lbs but gained some of it back this past year. It is easy to pack on the pounds but, hard to shed them.

I hope today has been easier for you. It is difficult to go from eating anything and everything to watching what you eat. Having low carb snacks and sticking with the serving size will help. When I have a snack it is usually almonds, popcorn, or jeef jerky (While in the car,I do a lot of driving). Sugar free snacks at home, pudding, jello, etc. I have been told to eat 3 meals and 2 snacks a day. Basically, every 3 hours. Which is not easy because I find myself hungry about an hour and a half after I eat. But helps by forcing myself to wait until my next meal time. I hope some of this will help.
  • wahm922
    wahm922 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yeah so this isn't as easy as you get older. 46 and I've always considered myself a healthy eater but never exercised, just don't like it. I now have about 40 pounds to drop, more realistically it's probably 30 pounds. I did a health challenge with friends and it was great for accountability and motivation plus the cash prize was a bonus. I did really well and was exercising and lost 12 pounds. The challenge ended, the holidays arrived and I gained back 8 pounds. There always seems to be a reason, an excuse and I'll start next week.

And with age comes other challenges, I'm dealing with adrenal fatigue, low thyroid, low testosterone which makes it hard to build muscle, and other hormonal issues. Fun!
  • smiffymfc
    smiffymfc Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in :)
  • tampagirl1965
    tampagirl1965 Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Count me in!
  • sparrish531
    sparrish531 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Me, too! 55 and losing 50 - let's do this!
  • 100toloose
    100toloose Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    @lgshelton
    It does help. Thank you. Sometimes I forget about the obvious. You are right. At least I don't just eat sensless.
    I survived the day!!!
    @lgshelton I'm starting nice and slowly... I have been a bit over my daily limit the last 2 days slightly. Hoping it will be better today and will be able to keep the calories down.And thank you for the kind words :):)

I'm in,if not too late. Turning 40 in two weeks and I have to make changes now.. or it will be too late. So ,I'm 260.. I'm so scared and mortified how I even got here .. but enough of the moping ,I'm ready to rumble..

You can do this! At my heaviest I was 250, so I know the struggle. I had lost 60 lbs but gained some of it back this past year. It is easy to pack on the pounds but, hard to shed them.

I hope today has been easier for you. It is difficult to go from eating anything and everything to watching what you eat. Having low carb snacks and sticking with the serving size will help. When I have a snack it is usually almonds, popcorn, or jeef jerky (While in the car,I do a lot of driving). Sugar free snacks at home, pudding, jello, etc. I have been told to eat 3 meals and 2 snacks a day. Basically, every 3 hours. Which is not easy because I find myself hungry about an hour and a half after I eat. But helps by forcing myself to wait until my next meal time. I hope some of this will help.

• miacaz02
    miacaz02 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone
  • miacaz02
    miacaz02 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I lost another pound too! The last time a coworker brought in her famous chocolate chip cookies, I wanted to throw myself down the stairs rather than deny myself. Today the urge was better and I can't wait until it doesn't even bother me.
  • xickel
    xickel Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 with 50 - 60 pounds to lose. 2 pounds per week would work for me! Feel free to add me, I'm here to encourage and be encouraged!
  • Kitzey
    Kitzey Posts: 214 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Miacaz02 - Good job!

I'm down 2 lbs this week, and have exercised 6 of the past 7 days so am very proud :)

Welcome to everyone joining us, it's great having encouraging friends to help us along journeys!
  • tampagirl1965
    tampagirl1965 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    50 years old sick and tired of...you know how the saying goes!
  • kostkawilliam
    kostkawilliam Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm joining this challenge!! Im 41 and started my fitness pal at 254 and got down to 221 with a 140 day streak. We moved in august and i put on a few pounds, anxious to start another STREAK!!!
  • 4me2bme
    4me2bme Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would love to be included in this. I will be 45 this year and I have 35 to go to meet my goal. Been gone from the site for awhile and recommited today.
  • Hollibells
    Hollibells Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in! If it's not to late! :smile: I'm 46 hae lost 23 and have 106 ideally to lose. I've been doing an hour of cardio and trying to add in lifting, yoga, strength training when I can
  • 4me2bme
    4me2bme Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If anyone wants to help me with staying motivated please add me. I also have problems with getting bored with food options. Low fat, fat free, sugar free, etc...I get overwhelmed and not sure which is best.
  • peachking
    peachking Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm 48, need to lose 50 pounds.
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Hi I will be 45 in June feeling my age and need to change things. Glad to be part of this group
    I have had so many health issues since hitting 40 it's getting to be a joke, time to change that.
  • JPearl44
    JPearl44 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm turning 48 this year and I have 65 pounds to lose. I've lost the first 10 a number of times, but I would really like to lose it all before 50. I'm a mother of two busy but not-yet-driving teens with a full time job and going to school. I want this for me and I want all of you to reach your goals too. Let's Do This!!!!!