"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday!

Cardio: 6 mile run, easy pace.

Food: on target.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Well we didn't get much snow.... whew!

Sunday

Cardio: 30 minutes on the elliptical 3.61 miles, 505 machine calculated calories

Strength: none

Assessment: Tomato soup and some grilled ham and cheese for dinner on a cold day
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Yesterday and today, cardio = pacing in my house, because snowbound. Made my goal.

Strength = nothing worth mentioning. Back is a bit stiff from lifting heavy stuff around the house, so babying it a little.

Assessment = food on track both days. All's good here. Looking forward to being able to get outside soon though!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,671 Member
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Monday! 4 clients this morning then 4 tonight. Can't believe January is almost over already!

Cardio: boxing- 30 min (200 calories)

Strength: back- high pulldowns, one arm rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pushdowns. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Had sushi for dinner. Mostly just rested my knee and watched both games yesterday.
  • ovidnine
    ovidnine Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Morning all

Cardio-no

Strength- squat 10,10,7,5,3,3,2,2,1,1,1,1,2 bench 10,7,5,4,3,2,2,1,1,1,2,2,1

Food- the weekend was shot.
  • ren3liz
    ren3liz Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, happy Monday!

Cardio: Short dreadmill run, 1 mile @ 5 & 6 mph with some incline mixed in. Read 130 cal. If the weather stays good (clear and in the 20's) then I will try and get in a two mile run outside with my dog after work.

Strength: Same lifting routine as yesterday, but with 10lb weights instead of 8lb weights.
    Squat 10lb x 15
    Deadlift with back row 10lb x 20
    Holding bridge with chest press 10lb x 20
    Wood chop 10lb x 12 each side
    Reverse fly 10lb x 15 (VERY weak in this move, can't fully extend)
    Squat with overhead press 10lb x 20
    Side lunge with bicep curl 10lb x 20 each side
    Lawn mower- 10lb x 20 each side
    Overhead reach with leg lift- 10lb x 20 each side
    PLUS: Weight assisted pull ups & dips - 5 each @ 60lb

Assessment: Great! Feeling good. Had full fat Noosa yogurt for breakfast this morning with a few almonds and raspberries. As I have been experimenting with meal times I find that a bulky breakfast, 300-500 cal, keeps me much more satisfied throughout the day. As opposed to when I would try to skip breakfast, and I could never get rid of that edge of hunger throughout the day and stay within my calorie targets. This applies more to weekday routines when I'm up early and at work.

Cheers all, have great days!
  • KKF79
    KKF79 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Cardio - Zumba 60 mins (850 calories)
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    It's Monday already?

Cardio: Went out for another 3.5 mile walk/run and today ran 2.25 miles of it so increased that a bit. Missing swimming but I'm getting used to running and decided I don't hate it.....LOL

No real strength training until Wed.... :(

Assessment: Over ate a little this weekend with dinner out and a turkey dinner last night but back to normal this morning.

Have a great week everyone!
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday All!!!

Strength: Bulk Arms and Total body Hammer. wow!!!! still feeling it!

Cardio: one of these days!

Nutrition: I was a bottomless food monster yesterday! phew! stuffed my face, over, over and over again! yuck! it's a miracle the number on the scale was not increased by a million, because of the water gain!
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Happy Monday all!

@MJFSH "Nutrition: I was a bottomless food monster yesterday! phew! stuffed my face, over, over and over again! yuck!" ...LMAO this made me laugh...must be a full moon or something I did the same thing yesterday...watched a movie & stuffed my face...no idea how much crap I ingested....

Yesterday: how many calories burned sitting on a couch stuffing my face? No idea, too ashamed to track it

Today:
    Cardio: 1.5 mile dreadmill run test 14:02 mins (this sucks, my PR is 11:56 mins last time I did this)

Strength:
    Military press 6x1@70 lbs
    Front squats 5x5@120 lbs
    Shoulder width pull-ups 5x2 (speed)

Krav Maga class tonight

Assessment: chicken for dinner tonight way under calories today, hoping it'll help net out yesterday's fiasco...
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    ren3liz wrote: »
    Hello everyone, happy Monday!

Cardio: Short dreadmill run, 1 mile @ 5 & 6 mph with some incline mixed in. Read 130 cal. If the weather stays good (clear and in the 20's) then I will try and get in a two mile run outside with my dog after work.

Strength: Same lifting routine as yesterday, but with 10lb weights instead of 8lb weights.
    Squat 10lb x 15
    Deadlift with back row 10lb x 20
    Holding bridge with chest press 10lb x 20
    Wood chop 10lb x 12 each side
    Reverse fly 10lb x 15 (VERY weak in this move, can't fully extend)
    Squat with overhead press 10lb x 20
    Side lunge with bicep curl 10lb x 20 each side
    Lawn mower- 10lb x 20 each side
    Overhead reach with leg lift- 10lb x 20 each side
    PLUS: Weight assisted pull ups & dips - 5 each @ 60lb

Assessment: Great! Feeling good. Had full fat Noosa yogurt for breakfast this morning with a few almonds and raspberries. As I have been experimenting with meal times I find that a bulky breakfast, 300-500 cal, keeps me much more satisfied throughout the day. As opposed to when I would try to skip breakfast, and I could never get rid of that edge of hunger throughout the day and stay within my calorie targets. This applies more to weekday routines when I'm up early and at work.

Cheers all, have great days!
    So take a days rest between strength days so your muscles can recover. You don't need to strength train every day unless you're doing a split system.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    KKF79 wrote: »
    Cardio - Zumba 60 mins (850 calories)
    Welcome! Any strength and how'd you do with eating/food/obstacles or issues?

• ninerbuff
    Options
    luluinca wrote: »
    It's Monday already?

Cardio: Went out for another 3.5 mile walk/run and today ran 2.25 miles of it so increased that a bit. Missing swimming but I'm getting used to running and decided I don't hate it.....LOL

No real strength training until Wed.... :(

Assessment: Over ate a little this weekend with dinner out and a turkey dinner last night but back to normal this morning.

Have a great week everyone!
    Save that shoulder!

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! 4 clients this morning then 2 tonight. Day 1 at my DD's school as yard duty went well. Almost had to take a phone away. Kids may end up not liking me.

Cardio: boxing- 45 min (300 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench, dumbell flat bench, machine flyes, dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Turkey burgers on lettuce last night. My DD helped me make them.
  • ovidnine
    ovidnine Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Totally overate last night but the difference in work capacity when you eat 3k calories vs 2k is interesting.

Cardio-no.

Strength- Squat: 10,10,7,5,4,4,3,1,1,1,1,1,2
    Bench: 10,7,5,4,3,3,2,1,1,1,1,2,1,1,2,1

Assessment- Bacon cheeseburger with fries and a couple of tasty beers. Not exactly on.
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Fit, Sexy People!

Strength: Bulk Shoulders

Cardio: Chisel Agility, 10 minutes Abs

Nutrition: something is wrong with me! I feel hungry all the time now a days! can't stop eating! HELP!!!! lol

@ltworide unfortunately, that day is not over for me! I'm still that bottomless pit monster! soon I will need a lift truck to move me around! :o:o:o:o:o:o:o
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Sooooo, had my ortho appt this morning. Doc says it's likely "frozen shoulder".........inflammation caused by me trying to work through an injury for several months and it gradually just got worse and worse. Got a cortisone shot, RX for Tramadol and PT for 2 months. He said I should be good as new in 2 to 3 months.

All in all not too bad since there is a solution to this which doesn't involve surgery..........yipppeee!!! He also told me that I was the healthiest 65 year old he's seen in years..........so keep working all you youngsters!
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Happy Tuesday all!

@luluinca ouch that shot sounds painful! Happy to hear surgery is not needed.

Strength none

Cardio 1.75 mile jog 5.0 mph

1st session with PT today reviewed goals & took some baseline form & movement measures. Reviewed form on barbell front squats, OHP & pull-ups. Completed various exercises on the bosu & free motion cable machine. Goals include improved single leg balance & sustain as much power as possible for 3-5 mins.

Assessment: calories & macros on track. Still feeling starved probably due to feeling exhausted. Night all!
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Late check in... as usual!

Tuesday

Strenght: minimal upper body pump and warm up

Cardio: 13 miles plus on the bike, did some sprint intervals and rode the tiny hills we have 700+ estimated calories per Strava

Assessment: still got a lot of calories to eat today
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! 4 clients this morning and 4 tonight. Nice day today! Getting out on my bike for a light ride.

Cardio: bike riding- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: shoulder- military presses, side laterals, bent over rear laterals, front laterals. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Taco Bell for dinner.