40+, WITH 40+ TO LOSE!

Options

Replies

• Soccermama40
    Soccermama40 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 with two grown children and three still at home. I've lost 15 pounds and I have 90 to go. I'm also hypo thyroid so loosing weight is a struggle but I'm determined.
  • Sparkymel
    Sparkymel Posts: 80 Member
    Options
  • monaghme
    monaghme Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    hello ladies, I started walking today with my new pedometer. I reached 10,000 steps today and will try to do that at least 4 times a week. It wasn't easy and my heel hurts like heck, but it was a good start. I'm going to invest in a wok because I want to start making more stir fry dishes. Does anyone have a favorite recipe they want to share?
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm 52 with quite a bit to lose. I had lost 200 pounds in 1000 days but then gains about 80 pounds right back when my best friend passed. Please feel free to add me! Just add a note to the friends request because I'm crazy forgetful and won't know where you found me.
    lol
  • ImWithHer
    ImWithHer Posts: 19 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    First day logging food since coming back. I forgot what a royal pain this is. Ugh!
  • jimmckenna68
    jimmckenna68 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    ImWithHer wrote: »
    First day logging food since coming back. I forgot what a royal pain this is. Ugh!

Deal with it!
  • blp66
    blp66 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm going to be 50 in November. I would really love to lose 40 pounds by then. I've done Nutrisystem, Weight Watchers(a hundred times, I bet), South Beach, Atkins, keto, 17 day diet, and a bunch of other things. Starting to feel like I am never going to get a handle on it. I lost 30 pounds a few years ago and watched it slowly come back over the course of the last 5 years. Spring is coming and even 15 pounds by then would make me feel like a new woman. I'm not sure how to add people, just started MFP on Monday, but I would love and appreciate giving and getting some support to some like minded souls looking to get healthier and feel better in our own beautiful skins :)
  • Sparkymel
    Options
    @blp66 I have discovered that the word "Diet", is a huge roadblock for me. Changing the way we eat and look at food can't be temporary. If we do a temporary "Fad diet", we will get temporary results. I literally just had this realization a few weeks ago. So I will not ever be on a diet again. Instead, I am eating healthy and smaller portions. This has helped me so much!
  • Sparkymel
    Options
    Good morning! How's everyone doing today?
    It's been a good week so far. Last night I had my first official 'Not so good for you' meal, in 3 weeks. I stuck to my portion control and didn't feel guilty. Today is a new day! Make it a great one!
  • andrexpuppy
    andrexpuppy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 41, with two boys 1 & 5. I put on weight with each and more since. I have been exercising more and watching what I eat since the end of Dec and am below the weight I was before I had my second child, around 21 lbs less than this time last year! I am determined to lose big this year and maybe even better than pre kids and marriage. Good luck to all of you!!
  • andrexpuppy
    andrexpuppy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ps anyone who wants to add me as a friend, pls do
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I can relate to you. I'm 44 with 2 kids ages 22 & 17. I started gaining weight when I was pregnant with my first son and it slowly increased over the years. I would workout and lose 5lbs here and 10 lbs there but I stopped. Life got in the way and I just lost motivation. The end of 2014 I made a decision to start my weight loss journey for 2015 once and for all and so far I'm down 42 lbs with another 45-50 lbs more to go. I will complete my journey this year and begin my maintenance next year.
  • Nikkiham520
    Nikkiham520 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a 40 year old mother of 2 with 50 lbs to lose. I would love to join this group for motivation!! I have been a member of MFP for several years, and it has worked great for me in the past. I have had a difficult time getting back on track for the last couple of years, but I am ready to shed this weight! I love to see everyone's daily successes on my wall, too, so please add me as a friend!! Have a great day!
  • jtfish112
    jtfish112 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm with you chicka! I just turned 40 a few weeks ago. My weight has been yo-yoing for about 18 years now and I'm just sick of it!!! I got on the scale this morning and, dammit, I'm back up to my heaviest ever! I am 5'3" and 184 lbs. I'd love to lose 50 lbs and maintain at around 135 lbs. I need some serious motivation and support, so I would appreciate new friends that want to share this journey with me. A family member just donated a treadmill to me and I'm stoked about being able to workout in the convenience of my home (and warmth, as I live in central NY and find it hard to drag myself outside for a walk this time of year). Because I work full-time, am a college student, and have three young daughters, finding time for exercise can be a challenge. I also have a habit of enjoying a glass of wine or two after work everyday, which I know I have to cut if I want to be successful at this diet thing. My newest strategy is to hit the treadmill as soon as I get home from work (starting tonight). It will curb my ravenous post-work appetite as well as my desire to pour a glass of wine. And I will be burning calories instead of consuming them. Feel free to add me and help keep me accountable!!!
  • cherche829
    cherche829 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 43 year old mom of 2 with +100lbs to lose - I am a bad multitasker when it comes to weight loss. When I don't have anything else to concentrate on, I successfully can lose some of the weight - in 2013 I was down 50lbs. But then the next year, decided to pursue my CPA certification and gained everything back and then some. Now it's back to the drawing board for me. I want to feel better about myself and get some energy to hang with my girls. Please feel free to add me.
  • Sparkymel
    Options
    iw7mgm1y79wf.jpg

• Sparkymel
    Options
    I have to remind myself of this, daily. We got this!
  • JRenee180
    JRenee180 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just turned 40 and made it a goal to loose 80lbs before my birthday. ..hit my goal and still going in less than a year...you can add me
  • PhillyDDT
    PhillyDDT Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    post-25179-you-can-do-it-gif-Waterboy-Img-JC2V.gif[img][/img]
  • missroseseeshertoes
    Options
    What a wonderful thread. I have read all of your comments and I am in exactly the same boat and it feels great to have some company. I am Heidi and I am 42. I have spent too many years in a very stressful job that has basically cost me my health. I now weigh 130kgs and have a seditary lifestyle. I get so angry when I see people out exercising at 5:30am in the morning and I am heading into the office for another 12 hour day. This year however, i needed to change. I have had enough and am going to lose this weight and get fit and healthy so I can live as long as possible and do the things I love. Please feel free to add me as a friend. I have a long way to go, but am happy to offer and also have some support. 65kgs to lose, but I am going to do it. Much love on your Journey H x