Couch To 5K Starting June 6th, Join Please!

Options

Replies

• chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Week 1 day 2! Loving it! Walk 3.5mpg and jog/run 5.5 mph. I asked my wonderful husband to please push me and motivate me to work out. All he has to do is show me those amazing eyes and ask if I wanna work out with him. I whine, but I do it! I DO IT FOR ME!!!

My right knee is hurting tho. Any suggestions. I stretch about 3 minutes before and after. Should I wear a brace or strap? I don't have the strongest knees because I'm a little bow legged, but I'm hoping they will get stronger.

(okay, whenever I say bow legged I think of M.A.S.H and Colonel Potter singing "I like to go swimmin with bow legged women and swim between their legs!) LOL!
    Good job!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I'm in.
    [/quote
    Great!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Completed W3D...um...8! but my knees and ankles are feeling better and I'm moving on to week 4 on Friday! YIPPEE! I even did an additional 2 miles walking afterwards in 30 mins!

Good job, everyone!
    Great job!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    W2D2 done...1.69 mile total travel time...my legs are so sore from strength training. I'm doing full body strength training 3x/week also...im wondering should I cut back on working my legs??
    Good job getting it done!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    So I've been having trouble getting my workouts in. I think I'm going to reorganize my workout schedule so I'll have one less strength workout and one less cardio workout. That way I'll just be doing one strength training and my C25K workouts. Hopefully this will get me more motivated.
  • Fawnie
    Fawnie Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    ugh! i was supposed to do this on tuesday, but i have been feeling blah all week.
    w2d1 completed. (finally)
    keep it up everyone!
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    W2D2 walking 3.5 and running 5.0-5.5.
  • mama_corn
    mama_corn Posts: 24
    Options
    W2D2 completed walk 3.2 - 3.5 & run 5.0 Felt good. :smile:
  • ShannonBurdick
    Options
    Did W2D1 tonight! Whew! My 5 minute warm up I start at 2.8 and work my way up to 3.5 in the 5 minutes. I walked at 3.3 and jogged between 4.5 and 4.9. Shins are a little tender, but otherwise doing good! :)
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    W2D2 completed walk 3.2 - 3.5 & run 5.0 Felt good. :smile:

Awesome!
  • journey2size10
    Options
    week 2 finished
    today was W2D3, decided to push myself a little bit. warmup & cooldown 2.6, walks 3.0 and jogging was 4.5-5.5, each interval I increased 4.5, 4.7, 4.9, 5.1, 5.3 and 5.5...it felt great and I really pushed to get through it (I have a short stride), total travel was 1.78 miles!

looking forward to the next week and have a great weekend folks!
  • thebigwindmill
    thebigwindmill Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm here lurking in the background. I'm putting in a garden so I've been building an awesome fence for the past week instead of doing normal workouts (trying to hurry before it's too late to plant anything). I'm almost done (though I'm going to have to make an extension) and it's supposed to rain for the next 10 days so I should be able to start doing c25k next week sometime.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    it's supposed to rain for the next 10 days so I should be able to start doing c25k next week sometime.

You can run in the rain, it's fun!!!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    6/12 Sunday: W1D1
    6/13 Monday: W1D2
    6/14 Tuesday: W1D3
    6/15 Wednesday: W1D4
    6/16 Thursday: SHE RESTED
    6/17 Friday: W1D5
    6/18 Saturday:

6/19 Sunday: Start Week 2
  • KatheryneH13
    KatheryneH13 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    W2D3 is done.
    I really can't imagine myself doing week 2. I can't handle run for 90 seconds, image 3 minutes!!
  • tncmom
    tncmom Posts: 79
    Options
    W2D3 done - i did 2.02 miles with an avg. of 3.77 mph in 32 minutes - not bad!
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of myself! My day started off askew when I arrived at the Y with twins(granddaughters) in tow at 7am to find out that ChildWatch doesn't open until 8am...foiled. We had picture appts at 10am about an hours drive away so I couldn't wait around. After pictures, had to go into Seattle for my daughter's dr appt. Finally got home at 5pm with one quite ill daughter and two wound up two year olds. Got them fed and settled in with a movie and decided I was NOT going to miss my run. So I left the sick Momma with the phone in her hand and gave explicit instructions to the terrors to take good care of her and I went to the gym. AND...there I completed W4D1!!!!! I'm so excited because this was where I had stopped the first time thru because of my knees/ankles. The THOUGHT of running 3-5-3-5mins scared me to death! I really did not think I could possibly do it. BUT I DID!!!! 2.5miles in 31 mins. And to top it off, I got home to everyone in bed. (really???? I was only gone for 50 mins). I'd have to rate this as a GREAT day!!!
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    W2D3 done with my best mile time EVER! 13 minutes 30 seconds.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Week 1 complete. Today was really hard, we went out in the afternoon vs. early evening and the sun right over me was a killer. I'll stick with 6pm.
  • ertrauma
    ertrauma Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have just finished W1 D3. I like to do strength training as well. Any thoughts out there on strength training (legs specifically) while doing the C25K program?