Post weight losses. Hold me accountable (Thanks!)

Options
Hello Friends!

So, I thought it would be good for me to post my weight weekly. Just sitting here with no real accountability isn't good for me. Please join me if you would like to!

So - I started MyFitnessPal on August 22, and I've been pretty good. However there were those four days of buffets in Vegas, and a big dinner at a friend's house - and some Margaritas - and some ice cream - like a whole half gallon.

Thanks for hearing my confession >>wink<<

Today I'm at 186.5 - a loss of 8.5 pounds in 4 weeks.

I'll post weekly on Saturday or Sunday.

~Cheryl

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    Hello Friends!

So, I thought it would be good for me to post my weight weekly. Just sitting here with no real accountability isn't good for me. Please join me if you would like to!

So - I started MyFitnessPal on August 22, and I've been pretty good. However there were those four days of buffets in Vegas, and a big dinner at a friend's house - and some Margaritas - and some ice cream - like a whole half gallon.

Thanks for hearing my confession >>wink<<
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    August 22, 2007 - I began at 195.0 pounds. (My goal is 37 pounds.)

Today I'm at 186.5 - a loss of 8.5 pounds in 4 weeks.

I'll post weekly on Saturday or Sunday.

~Cheryl
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Great job!
    I think you are right it is nice to feel accountable. I know when I have not done as well as I would like to. Such as this week. I did not do well with staying in my bounderies at all.

I began at 280 Aug 20,
    Lost 20 but have gained 2.
    My current weight is now 262.

I am going to work harder at changing my diet this week. I am also increasing my excercise goals. A goal more for myself than anything is to stay away from foods that I have problems with such as dairy products. Very hard considering I love, Love ice cream.

Eve
    Have a great week
  • athomemommy
    athomemommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I started my weightloss June 18 of this year. I am 5'2'' and was 209 starting off after 2 kids within 19 months. I have lost 35 lbs but today the scale said I gained 2 lbs just from yesterday, I did my diet and exercise so I think it might be just water weight or maybe muscle?!?!?!. So I am at today 176.4. My first goal is 155 by my b-day Dec 14. Then my final goal is to be 125 by my wedding anniversary on June 5 2008. But yeah great idea about weighing in!!! Thanks, Courtney
  • jamesepower
    Options
    I like the posting idea also.
    8/23 Start: 245
    9/23 Today:228
    Goal: 200.
    Goal date: 23 Jan 2008
  • dnjcountry
    dnjcountry Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    great job. Kepp it up. I do know it is hard to get back on tract, but you can do it. That was a nice splurge for you. Losesome more and splurge for yourself again. Make a goal maybe after 5 to 10 pounds lost , treat yourself again. Keep in touch and let me know how it goes.
  • dlbrock31
    dlbrock31 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    8/20 - 185
    9/26 - 178
    7 pounds so far
    Goal 35 pounds by March 2008
  • apaden4
    apaden4 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Great Idea cmriverside!
    Started:
    7/19 at 199
    Currently
    9/24 at 189
    Goal
    150 by March 2008

Good luck to everyone!
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Ok... here it goes...

Started 8/21: 136.
    Currently: 132 - have gained a pound since last week (Aunt Flow is coming for a visit)
    Goal weight: 125 and would like to reach it by Thanksgiving.
  • kimford28
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I started on 8/19 and was 131. I was down to 125 last friday, but I had a bad weekend and gained 2. oops! I hope to be down to 118 by my wedding day on November 25th!
  • hjbkmb05
    hjbkmb05 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I started doing Slim in 6 on 9/13/07, and I started this website/counting calories on 9/20/07 (last Thursday). My starting weight was 175.5. I weighed this morning and I am down to 173.00, so I have lost 2.5 lbs!!!!

My goal is 120, because that is my pre-pregnancy weight, and/or to fit back into my size 4s, I would be willing to weigh a little more than that with some muscle and definition of course! :)

I am having a hard time staying within my calories, though. I love sweets, that is my weakness, and Aunt Flo came to visit, so that isn't helping! Any encouragement would be great. Not to mention I didn't make it out of the bed this am to do my workout. I will try to get at least 30 minutes in this evening....then FORCE myself out of the bed in the morning!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    Ok, you guys got me - LOL.

I wondered why Skinnier & hjbkmb05 had aunts with the same name. Never heard it called that before, (and almost falls in the category of TMI.) You crack me up.

:-)

Cheryl
  • okiemoma
    okiemoma Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Eve23----me too. I started at 280 on July 7. Lost down to 246 but have gained 3 pounds on vacation. I have been doing really well since I got off vacation!
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    hjbkmb05~

When I don't feel like going out for my usual walk/jog, I just jog in place while watching one of my fave shows.
  • jlwilson
    jlwilson Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Okay: Sept 4th 188lbs, Sept 25th 178lbs. I have slowed down on the weight loss, but I did log my bust, waist, thighs and hips measurements over the last week and lost an inch on both the bust and waist. Nothing lost on the butt quite naturally!! But very motivating none the less cos i didn't lose weight but did lose inches. Yay!
  • jlwilson
    jlwilson Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I forgot one big thing! Cut out the alcohol over the last week and that has definitely helped, I get up before the kids some mornings to run on the treadmill which is unheard of ! ;-)
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Hi All, Aug 31-205
    Sept 23-197
    Goal -150 eventually
    Eating healthier, and less, but weight loss slower than I thought. But I do enjoy this site it has helped immensely.
  • Minerva
    Minerva Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Good idea!
    2/20/2006 220.0
    8/27/2007 207.5
    9/25/2007 202.5
    Down by 5 more pounds! 45 to go!
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You so rock ~Cheryl keep going!
  • brife17
    Options
    ok so it just so happens that i too have an aunt flow who dropped by this morning.
    so here it goes. hope it stays here lol
    9/23- 210
    my stressful aunt came making me gain 9/24- 212
    premesyn( i think thats how its spelled) eating good and lots of exercise 9/25- 210!!
    ok my goal for the end of this week is 209 atleast i would really like 208
  • jbjovifan
    Options
    Accountability is key!! I've done this before and am out to do it again, so here we go........

I just joined today, 9/25 @ 12:00 CST and the scale said 190. I've been a member for 30 minutes now and I haven't lost a single pound yet!!! LOL!!!

2 years ago I lost 90 pounds by simply eating healthier and exercising, so I know it's possible. I just got skinny and cocky, that's all. I thought I could start eating anything I wanted since I was in shape. Boy was I wrong!! So here I am....giving it another go. I know I (and all of you) can do it, so let's share our successes (and slip ups) with each other to stay motiviated!!

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!