WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2016

Options
barbiecat
barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
edited February 2016 in Motivation and Support

ob3mvvkxwu6b.jpg
:) Welcome to a wonderful supportive community of women. The name of the thread is Women Ages 50+ but all women are welcome.

:) Some of us have been posting on this thread for awhile and others are new.

:) Please join us on the journey to health, weight loss, and fitness.

:) If you made any goals or resolutions for January, how did you do?

:) If you have made any goals or resolutions for February, please share them with us.

Don't forget to click the star at the top of the page to bookmark this thread.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful chilly NW Washingtont09013.gif

January Resolutions (with end of the month comments)

*meditate for 10 minutes a day four or more days a week (sometimes less than ten minutes)
*sort and discard papers for 15 minutes four or more days a week (not as often as I wanted)
* treat myself like a toddler (as suggested by Gretchen Rubin) (great)
*get income tax papers gathered in one place (all gathered and ready to begin the work)

February Resolutions

*weight training twice a week or more
*attend the tai chi class in my neighborhood to see if I like it
*get income tax papers ready for the accountant
* create a system for organizing line dance CD's

My word for 2015 is "alacrity"....I will greet all experiences in my life with cheerful readiness

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,669 Member
    Options
    jumpin the gun, i'm here! thanks barbiecat!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,083 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Thanks Barbie

Goal for this month is take time for myself and finding that calm space. Do my best to take care of myself and not overdo. No is such a great word. Yes to those things that give joy!

One member of immediate family has major health issues and another one is showing signs of a relapse if he doesn't take care. I knows that means it it even more important to take care of myself.

:heart: Margaret
  • melonette
    melonette Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I have read your community notes for quite a while. Your goals and support for each other has been very inspirational. I have enjoyed your journey and can relate to many of your comments. You have motivated me!

My February goals:
    Continue on my healthy eating plan I focused on in January with increased numbers of fruits and veggies
    Strength training 2x per week
    Begin prep to start my training to walk a half marathon in July. (It will be my third time doing the half).
    Water 10-14 cups per day.

Thanks to all of you!
  • colleenclark336
    colleenclark336 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi all I am here for the accountability! My goals for February are to be consistent for the month and do what I say I am going to do! I would like to lose 2lbs a week this month so I am really hoping to be down 8lbs this month! Please add me as a friend!

Colleen <3
  • DLS1029
    DLS1029 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm here! Will post tomorrow! Bedtime!

Donna in WV
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    u59arag8xp52.jpg

I was about to get in bed and couldn't resist taking a picture of my darling family waiting for me. :)
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Good night!!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Thanks Barbie !

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,651 Member
    Options
    Hi gals,

Bullwinkle – Levi and I say – take care woof woof!

Thinking of all of you…

Barbie – thank you for starting Feb off right!!

I can’t remember my Jan. goals, I’ll go back and look – and will decide on the Feb. goals.ebwh0b5oq42r.jpg

Went and saw a play at a local play house, they did a great job, the play was called Good People, while it was good – the tickets were $31 which seemed quite high to me… maybe I am just cheap.

I made fried rice for dinner – my fried rice recipe –from before MFP— was a ton of calories, I eliminated the ¼ cup of oil and replaced it with 2 teaspoons of sesame oil, and then more vegies/meat than rice, still satisfying but a bit under 200 calories per serving…. Score!!

Kim from N. California
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Goals for February is to maintain weight that I am at. Difficult right now due to a long term relationship ending. I am a non eater during stressful times.

Anne from Wisconsin
  • Sunnygirl_2015
    Sunnygirl_2015 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    B)
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Barbie. We appreciate you and your leadership of our terrific group.

Janetr okc
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I can not seem to open any of the pics that anyone posts. Any Suggestions?
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Good night all all....bedtime...work tomorrow :(

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hi All - Made it over to the February thread and marked it as a favorite. Have to go back and look at my January goals. It's been a bit of a roller coaster month, but overall positive. Will post more tomorrow. 'night all.

Linda/IA
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    January goals
    1. Increase weights on Stronglifts 5x5 check
    2. Weight lift at least 3 x a week check
    3. Kettle bell swing nonweight lifting days at least 20 minutes and follow the last two weeks of program and start new 5 week program and increase weight of Kettlebell from 25 lbs to 30 lbs check
    4. 8 hour diet window check
    5. 8 power foods most of time
    6. 8 cups of water fail
    7. Follow night time snacking prevention methods check
    8. Lose 5 lbs fail
    9. Do the five day fast fail
    10. Do the 5:2 fasting method. Fail
    11. Train puppy 3xday check
    12. Incorporate EM2WL into my program I increased my calories to 1750 a day working on

Word - prioritize, I am important!

Quote- I -Know- I -Can

February Goals

1. Increase weights on Stronglifts 5x5 and do full body workout.
    2. Weight lift at least 3 x a week
    3. Kettle bell swing nonweight lifting days at least 25 minutes and increase weight of Kettlebell from 30lbs to 35lbs
    4. 8 hour diet window
    5. 8 power foods
    6. 8 cups of water
    7. Follow night time snacking prevention methods
    8. Lose 5 lbs
    9. Do the 5:2 fasting method.
    10. Train puppy 3xday
    11. Incorporate EM2WL into my program I increased my calories to 1750 a day

Word - prioritize, I am important!

Quote- I -Know- I -Can

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Progress report:

January Goals :
    1. Log every bite and swallow. Did it!
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    This was going well until I fell on ice & broke my wrist. That was a definite challenge. I'm back to at least two days of yoga and a day or two of riding a recumbent bike.
    3. Have fun every day.
    I haven't missed a day, not even the day I fell and broke my wrist.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    I'm getting in at least three, and usually many more every day.
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    Not completely abstaining but averaging less than one serving a week.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.
    Sleep is excellent.

February goals are below.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

February Goals :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.
    7. Find a place where I can learn to fall without getting hurt when my doctor says it is ok.

30881843.png
  • tmfischer843
    tmfischer843 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, thank you for maintaining this board. I am way overweight, actually morbidly obese. I am 5'2" and 245 pounds. I have a whole host of medical problems and know I need to do something now or will be looking at an early death. I have lots of changes to make, It seems that every time I get off track and stop tracking the whole process for me stops and I gain weight back. I truly am sick and tired of feeling sick and tired and know I need to change things now. Hoping I can stay focused and continue a path to good health with much support.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Thought I would post tonight to let you wonderful women know what's going on. It's not anything real terrible or anything, just a lot of things piling up on me. January was not a stellar month in our household for Charlie, me or our house. As you know he tested positive again for his powerful C diff colon infection. This severe diarrhea has been going on for a year now and it is really taking a toll on us. I think he has a week left on his antibiotic. The last time he had it they said they would not need to retest him, he would know because the diarrhea would be better. Well this is the same amount and type of diarrhea he has had for the last 13 months! He can't know.

Then there is me. I thought I was having a sinus infection. I got on my usual antibiotic, didn't help one bit. Then I got the back strain and he put me on oral steroids and a muscle relaxant. I was hoping the oral steroids would help the sinus problem but it hasn't. It did help the back since I am not walking like and S anymore. But I still have not got my voice back yet and I am a virtual snot machine. Sure glad I swore never to use anything but Puffs plus a long time ago. I have never slept well for a long time and this isn't helping one bit so I am exhausted all the time. I try to take naps an it doesn't help. Many years ago this all happened, well without the back problems and it went on for over a month. Doctor was even testing me for mono. I had no energy, no pep, no zip in my step. I was a nothing. I remember it vividly. It was right at Christmas time. Then Mom and Dad got here for christmas and my Mom hugged me and it was all over. I just really miss my Mom right now. I know she is in my heart forever and ever but I miss her physical presence. I want to be able to call her and get he advice but yet I know I would just worry her with my voice. Her birthday is Feb 5th and I will go out to the cemetary and have a good talk with her.I know I don't have to wait until then.

I haven't been able to be in church now for the entire month of January. The first Sunday was right after our family Christmas and I was just to exhausted to go. All the other times have either been because the church cancelled services due to weather or whatever is going on in my head. And is it 'in my head' or literally in my head still. I still use a lot of cough drops to clear my nose and throat. I keep the plastic bags our newspapers come in when it is raining and use them as a place to put my dirty kleenexes in. I have filled several of those up.

Then our house. I told you that the O ring on Charlie's commode was leaking. Well I don't know why but it stopped. But I know that bathroom needs a new floorboard, new commode and a bunch of other new stuff but we don't have the free cash to do that. But then our washing machine went out. While it had a load of Charlie's soiled clothes in it that he had soiled while trying to walk on the mall. The walks he tries to take to keep his Parkinson's disease from getting the best of him. So the washer loaded with water and partially washed but it never went through the spin cycle. This was all while my back was out and walking like an S. So my poor husband was having to take a tupperware container and go up and down the stairs emptying out all the water into the commode up here and then wringing out his still poopy clothes into a bucket. A viral 67 year old man should not have to be doing that.

So we go out and shop for a new washer while I walk like an S. We find one and at first the nice salesperson says it can be delivered the next day, Wednesday. Then no, it has to Friday. Their wonderful notification system is that they call you 30 minutes before they come so you can get back home from whatever you are doing. So I sleep with both my cell and home land line phone Thursday night, wait all day Friday and sure enough it isn't on the truck. They offer my their apologies and give me a $25 gift card and say it will be delivered Saturday morning. Noon comes, no call. I call and sure enough it was not put on the truck. So bless his heart our salesman puts it on his own pick up truck and brings it himself. That's taking it down the stairs, around a corner and installing it and removing the old one by himself. So the washer has been very busy since yesterday afternoon. Quite a bit of my clothes are lay flat to dry and I don't like that but I like the clothes so I deal with it.

I have gone so far from my diet, it doesn't even know my name and address to come back to me anymore. Chocolate has been the name of the game. And since I was down with my back, Charlie's answer is pizza so I have had sausage pizza twice.

So now you know my story. As you all have realized, I have been reading. I can't not keep up with you girls. I just didn't want to talk. To much going on and not on my diet at all, I just could talk. Love you all and although I can't promise I won't continue to do the same as I have, I am thinking about you all the time. You guys are one of the things that have kept me sane the last week.

Joyce, Indiana