Replies

• gmadaisy
    gmadaisy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »

Hi! I'm new at posting here I've been on My Fitness Pal a couple of years. Just did food and exercise.thought I'd try something new. I'm a 72 year old, very active Great Grandma.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    wow,feb 1 and already on page 3.
    hugs
    jane
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    Goals for February is to maintain weight that I am at. Difficult right now due to a long term relationship ending. I am a non eater during stressful times.

Anne from Wisconsin

I am sorry you are having to go through this. Take care of yourself as best you can.

• DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Joyce, I’m with the others in that I would sure like to hear from you. I certainly hope all is okay!!!

Heather, you are getting so violent and the nerve of you on beating your new phone into submission. smiley-laughing025.gif

Beth, there are some things that we shouldn’t share with our DHs. I’ll bet he didn’t want your crud and we want you to get over it asap. (((Hugs)))

Margaret, cool castle and absolutely beautiful orchids!!!

Pip. Sending good thoughts for Bullwinkle. Gosh, I hope Kirby keeps his head down when riding at night so he won’t blind everyone going towards him.

Katla, so glad the riding lesson was great. You must have really picked the right teacher to end up getting extra time so often.

Rori, so good to see you! A HUGE congrats on the new (to you) clothes in the smaller sizes. Hope your issues get worked out soon.. That massage sounds good.

Barbie, thanks for getting us going in the new month. I’d want to get in bed too, with that group waiting for me!

Kim, I’m cheap with you. I just can’t believe that local plays with unknown actors cost in the $40’s here. I realize it’s a bit higher because I live in a resort area, but gee whiz.

Janetr, gee, I think I must be allergic to exercise, too! I can’t believe it took me this long to figure it out. Lol

Tmfischer, welcome. This is a great place for support and information. Just take it one step at a time and remember it’s a journey not a race. Our goal weight is not a destination as we can’t stop eating right when we get there. You can do this. Please sign each post with the name you want to be called and a location is nice also, be it general or specific.

Joyce, it was so good to hear from you. I guess you know you had us worried. I’m so sorry that things have been what they are but know our thoughts and prayers are with you and Charlie. You will get back to eating right when the time is right for you. I can’t imagine keeping my sanity with being down in the back and Charlie’s problems too. Please just take care of yourself and do give us a note every so often to let us know how you are. ((((Hugs))))

Mindy, bestest of thoughts are being sent your way for you and your DD. I know you are prepared for the interview and I’m sure you will do great. Boy, they really put you through the ringer, don’t they?

Kj, welcome. I think most of us know that the only way to be successful on maintenance is to continue on like when we were in losing mode, but hopefully get to add a few more calories. I know I’ll be logging forever. Please tell us a bit more about yourself and sign each post with the name you want to be called. Come often.

Lisa, so sorry the scale has yielded such unwanted news. I think February 1st sounds like a great day to start a successful journey.

Heather, as long as you have that same pesky pound and he doesn’t invite any friends to join, I’d say you are in good shape. He comes and he goes but he never stays. You have me cutting back on my cocktails a day or two a week. Thanks for being a good example. Glad you are going to be writing a bit more often because I know how important it is to you.

Allie, I know it’s been a hard and very stressful year but I seem to think it is getting a little calmer. Is that accurate or just what I’m reading into your posts? I do hope so. I know there are a lot of us that aren’t too pleased with our progress of late but we have our whole lives to continue to work on it. I had my 3 month doctor appointment this morning and have lost 2 pounds since the last visit. I’ll take it over gaining 3. Lol Hang in there and know we are with you, my friend. ((((Hugs))))

Elaine, love and best wishes right back to you. Sorry your Mum ended up in the hospital but glad she is doing well. It sounds like she’s enjoying the activity of the hospital. Is there any way to get her out more often at home to have the mental activity of watching and listening? *Just a thought* My mother was very, very quiet but loved to watch and eavesdrop on the conversations of others. DH just said she was nosy. smiley-laughing014.gif

KJLl, what do you mean that 6 pounds in 3 weeks isn’t much???? That is perfect, girl!!! Way to go. If you lose any faster it will come right back on. Or, eh, um that is my thinking on the subject. Keep up the good work.

Donna, glad the feet and legs are better. Glad you finally set some goals. Lol My everyday goal is actually to eat right and move more weather I have them posted or not.

MicheleNC, thanks for the recipe. I’ll let you know when I try it. Probably won’t be for a while. My peach cobbler was all gone at the end of the Moose event last night but there was lots of left overs so they said we don’t have to bring food tonight. Woo hoo. I’m not the cook that many of you are. Crossing fingers for your session with Bryan.

Allie, I think you are right about the time away from home being good. It gives Tom a chance to see what it would be like without you. You just be sure to take care of you.

Beth, good lose for January. “Just do it” again in February. (((Hugs)))

CarolNC, sorry about your hips. *knock on wood* mine have been a bit better lately but low back isn’t the happiest it’s been. I’m just glad to be able to get up every morning an in relatively little pain. I’m glad you had more good days than not. Keep it up. (((Hugs)))

Barbie, I love the Sign on Food and Exercise.
    That is great!

Sylvia, I was going over words in my mind trying to figure out the dog snart when you gave the definition. ROFL Hope you have a good trip to Springfield. I had to laugh about the “Webinar” because that sounds like something I would do. “Bless your heart”.

Go Kirby, go Kirby!

Chris, so sorry things didn’t work out for you. Hang in there and hopefully something better will come along. ((((Hugs))))

m1277.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.
    Had my doctor’s appointment this morning and all labs were good. Yeah! A1C was up to 5.6 but still great since I’m off all diabetes meds. Will keep doing what I’m doing. Would actually like to average more than 1 pound a month loss but that’s an exercise issue. Tee hee hee I tried on a swim suit this morning and it made me think that I might need to try on the ones I plan to take on the cruise. Not sure they aren’t too big so need to know now. Only 5 days, but who’s counting? t57009.gif

I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. You ladies are great! rose.gif

2016 Jan Goals: Will keep same for Feb.
    Work out in some way at least 4 days a week. *check*
    I will renew my commitment to eating right, counting calories and logging everything that goes in my mouth. That includes staying with my 1200 calories a day. Mostly
    Continue to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.*check*
    Cut back on alcohol. *check*

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Happy Monday ! ! !

Oops! I forgot it's February already. Thanks Barbie ! ! !

Carol – I hope you had a drama-free weekend. You deserve a break.

Miriam – Congrats on taking the first step. It is always great to make new friends, even if this doesn’t become a romantic relationship. Yay ! ! !

Becca – congrats on the sunshine. We have some here now, but I’m “locked inside” at work, so I only enjoy it through the front door. I’m not allowed to look out the window, because it is high, and once fell off the chair while looking out the window, and health facilities frown on employees breaking their arm at work. // I sure am envious about your crab. // I have been thinking about making banana bread with the coconut flour, so thanks for the kick in the pants that I needed – I’m going to do it ! ! !

Barbie – You continue to be an inspiration with your activity. I have met my goals every day this week except Sunday, and that day I forgot to put on my tracker, so I may have succeeded. Keep up the great work ! ! !

Linda – Some bowling alleys and ProShops sell used balls. The expense is not just in the ball, but also in getting it properly drilled. I suggest plenty of research, and finding someone you trust, then save a few hundred dollars in preparation. Another thing that is nice to have her own is shoes. This way she is sure to have a pair that fits at every event. Those can be purchased used as well. We have only bought Payne 2 pair of shoes in the 12 years he has been bowling (we use the “pay it forward” method). // Payne was his typical hot/cold this weekend. At the H.S. match, he filled 13 out of 14 frames the first match. Then only 9 out of 14 the second match. That brought his cumulative fill to 94%, which places him at 26th in the division. Likely not good enough to get invited to State, but we’ll see. Sunday was the Milwaukee Youth tournament singles and doubles. He had a 563 series in doubles, then REALLY found his groove, with 8 strikes in a row, totaling 268 for his first game of singles, and 697 for Series. Of course he was mad, because he has yet to bowl a 700 series or a 300 game, and he’s so close he can taste it. But, that and his 577 in team gives him an 1837 for All Events, which probably won’t be good enough for scholarship money. I think this tournament goes several more weeks, so we’ll see what happens with the other bowlers. I hope he knows how proud we all are of him.

Joyce – I wish I could give you the hug you so desperately need and deserve from your Mom. Please talk to her whenever you need her, and feel free here, too. I hope you can feel my virtual hugs ! ! !

Mindy – Congrats on your daughter being clean and dry for 3 weeks. Give her a hug from me, too. And best of luck and prayers for both of you during your interviews ! ! !

Kim – your dog looks so much like my aunt’s dog. She is a trained therapy dog. She gets taken to hospitals and nursing homes and such. Thanks for sharing ! ! !

Oh boy. We suddenly got busy at work again, and I have a lot to do before closing. I posted some pictures from this past weekend while at lunch. Sorry for everyone I missed. Time to finish my work day, and figure out what I’m going to do if the storm traps me at work tomorrow.

Hugs for Everyone ! ! !

Terri in Milwaukee
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Hello, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzmas, Bright Yule, and a happy new year to all. And Happy Valentine's Day, just to show that I'm not late on everything. How wonderful to see you all still here for each other!

I had kind of a melt-down last October. I got so stressed I was making mistakes and not taking care of paperwork and other stuff I needed to do, so I gave myself permission to drop everything that wasn't in the "have-to" category so I could get caught up and get my head together. Things are a little better now but in the meantime bad habits have crept in so it's time for diet and exercise to go back in the have-to column.

I'm not feeling strong yet, so my goals for February are very gentle:

1. Hydrate.
    2. Cut back on the calorie intake.
    3. Be a little more active.

I may or may not be logging daily, depending on how all the deadlines fall out, but if I can just make a start on even one of the things above, the others should start to come easier.

-Yvonne in TX
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Joyce, I'm truly sorry to hear about all that's been on your plate but relieved it wasn't more serious. That was a little sunshine story about the salesperson who went to such great lengths when the delivery didn't live up to his promises.

I've crossed yet another thing off my horrendous to-do list. Ten things left. One step at a time!

My husband comes home tomorrow after being away for over a week. I haven't had any bread in the house while he was gone, but he'll want some tomorrow. Time for me to talk to my sourdough... I just wish the bread I make wasn't so darn GOOD!

How did I do last month?

January goals:
    1. Re-establish 500 g per day veggie habit (Yes!)
    2. Declutter 15 min per day (Nope. It did happen a couple times, but nowhere near goal. Next time I'll make it a resolution!)
    3. Exercise formally three times per week (Initially okay, but I failed miserably when work piled up.)
    4. Walk everywhere, whenever possible (Did that!)
    5. Plan meals for the week (Fail. I only managed this the first week.)

A couple of threats are looming on the horizon this month: if I'm offered that job I'll have to make a tough decision; I've still got too much work on my desk; I'll be spending 10 stressful days teaching in Stockholm. Since my objectives for January were essentially sound, I'm going to continue on the same path.

February resolutions:
    1. Eat 500 g of veggies per day
    2. Declutter 15 min per day
    3. Exercise formally three times per week (jogging or weight lifting)
    4. Walk everywhere, whenever possible
    5. Plan meals for the week
    6. Keep up my new-found strategy of working 25 minutes, resting 5 minutes.
    7. Get to bed before 11 p.m.

And since it is now 10:55 my time, I'm in a hurry!
    Nighty-night!
    /Penny at the emoticon-object-026.gif

70411392.png

• DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Happy February :flowerforyou:

Thanks Barbie, you truly are a gem!!!

Wish I could respond to everyone :'( ....I've limited my time on the computer and iPad and after reading I have no time to post :frown:!

Chris :) I'm so sorry, I know it has to be so disappointing! Sending you hugs <3 !

DJ :) I think I'm almost as excited as you are about your cruise :bigsmile:!!! I'm looking forward to hearing about all the wonderful things you'll be doing! You'd best be trying on those swimsuits, too big and you might lose a part of it ;)!

Pip :) Such great news about Kirby!!!! How is Bullwinkle? Noel and I send our best wishes!
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Well, I see half my post was cut off for some reason :mad:!

Don't have time to repost...

Wishing everyone a happy healthy February!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in blissfully warm NC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,369 Member
    Options
    DJ - I'm so glad I'm keeping you on the straight and narrow. It gives me a warm feeling to be depriving you of your cocktails. >:)

Chris - I missed what it was that has so upset you. Sending you my love and warm support anyway. :love:

Michele - Hope your Skype session goes well. <3

Time for bed now. I am a little bit hungry, but hope I can get to sleep ok.

Love Heather UK
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
    Purdyyyyyyy sunrise,
    welcome to all the new peeps,
    got an appointment for Bullwinkle at 4 tomorrow
  • sxm1jan
    sxm1jan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all my name is Janice

My goals for this month
    1. Lose 10 lbs
    2. Drink more water
    3. Become more active
    4. Eat healthier
    5. Get active
    6. Give myself some time.
    I joined WW and start tomorrow brcaudr i need to hild myself accountable. It works. I just need to continue going. I want to become healthy.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,820 Member
    Options
    afternoon ladies~
    Chris in Ma.~ I have always said where God closes a door he opens a window.. I have been in your position and it all seems to work out in the long run.. sending you love and hugs xoxoxo
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    January goals:

Log every bite: I probably can't swear to every bite, but I logged consistently and accurately, for the most part.
    10,000 steps and 60 active minutes: most days, some way over. Definitely averaged this.
    Gym group classes at least 3 times a week: I rocked this one, 4 times each the first three weeks and all 5 the last week.
    Weigh less on January 31 than on Jan 1: yep, down 4.8 lbs in January.

Feb goals:

Log consistently
    Average 10,000 steps per day and 60 active minutes
    Gym class at least 4 times per week
    Weigh less on Feb 28 than on Feb 1
    Keep up with my online Bible Study that started today

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Even though it's not all roses this afternoon, I am posting. Tried not taking the muscle relaxant last night and this morning back was quite sore. So I took 1/2 of one at noon. at 2 couldn't stay awake anymore and went to bed. Got up at 2:30! Some one asked about my eyes. I have my appointment on Wednesday, Charlie has his stress test on Thursday. Michelle had her second injection this morning of the local anesthetic into her spine to see if she can have an ablation. I don't understand it all one bit. So the ablation is now scheduled for Feb 15th. She is looking forward to it.

It's this drowsy, dopey feeling I hate. I guess I need to see if there is a lower dose that will help the muscle but make me more awake.

Joyce, Indiana
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    IT's another Long one ... AHhhhh ... "Shoot-a-Monkey"

Eleanora and Gee – Welcome to this thread, y’all posted on January and Barbiecat gives us a ling to follow each end of the month. Make sure you go to it, bookmark if clicking on the outline of a star so it will turn yellow and then you will click on the gray star between a bell and a gear. You should see those posts that were made in January after you post. A lot of us will post a ‘smiley face’ or a ‘period’ and then, that should take you back to the next post after yours. Either way, I think it will go back to you last post … and the thread is actually ongoing, even though you do need to follow the post to make sure you are now posting on February 1, 2016. Very supported about just about anything, not just dieting and we are becoming a large thread; sometimes if you ‘miss a day’, you might find it a little overwhelming. I suggest that you not ‘think’ you HAVE to read all of them. Some of us do, some us just start where we left off. Usually if someone posts something in the ‘thread’ you will sort of have an idea what the story line is. Pip34’s husband had a really bad bicycle wreck and he is just now getting back to ‘riding’ and ‘walking’ … maybe a little running thrown in. We are like a big family. Welcome again.

Another thing that some of do is open up a word processing app and click them down to being side-by-side. I use “Microsoft Outlook 2013’s Word program.

Terri_mom – WOW! Wynonna! Lucky, lucky you! The only thing I think I have ever ‘won’ was a big bag of dog food (in HS). I’m now 64 – so it was a long time ago (sometimes, until I get a bit nostalgic). I type long posts (sometimes) especially if I have caught up on the posts readings. Weekend was bad for me; 4th UTI since December 1, 2015! Might end up going to a Urologist if they can’t get it to clear up. I hope that it is not a ‘bladder prolapse’. Feels like that pressure when you want to 'push' and you're told 'no... hold it'; and like a bowling bowl is coming out, too. I had ‘wished’ they would have been able to get me in to see my GYN because he would have done a ‘pelvic’ to make sure of that. He was in surgery. Will be Wednesday before I get the results of the culture, UGH!

Elaine – I was told today that my ‘medications’ are probably causing so of my ‘memory lapses’ – hopefully when they get it cleared up – I won’t feel like I am in ‘la-la-land’ and watching my life fly past me, a very slow rate; and, I keep trying to pick up the pieces and make them ‘fit’ if the holes. I have good long-term memories; but, my short-term memory is sort of ‘suxs’. Sorry about you Mum; older people just don’t really know what’s going around them even those they might have some lucid moments. My Mother was the same. She had mini-strokes and we had to put her in a Assisted Living Facility in the small town we had lived in. Oldest sister tried to take her ‘in’ so she would not have to travel from her home 2 times a week. From right below Atlanta to right above Macon, GA

KJLaMore – I grew up in a small town and could not wait to move to Hot’ Lana to art school; now that I again live in another small town and disabled/retired from a job I loved and a boss that I had worked for 20 years. He was ‘my friend’ and I certainly cried a lot when he died a few years ago.

Our oldest granddaughter got us hooked on Hummus which is basically ‘smashed’ chickpeas. I can only had a little, high in calories and I am on a low caloric in and a high caloric out. Haven’t been able to exercises and know that when I get back to it – I’ll have to start over with building up. Boo-hoo. But I don’t like the treadmill. I might try moving to Paula Abdulla and work it off that way. I had built up to 26 (something on the treadmill). I am amazed at how many are ‘fitness buffs’. I don’t have a Fitbit; the ‘knock-off’ I bought would not download/upload (?) … so I returned it. I burnt a perfectly good pot of 15-bean soup I had made (using dry beans for the first time in my life). I would have been even more upset if I had made it from canned beans and burnt it. Going to throw the pot out 'with the baby'. I did cry about it. This weekend’s been hard. I don’t know why my body seems to know when it is after Noon on Fridays to ‘jump on me’ when you can’t BUY a MD after Noon. I will do just about anything to stay out of the hospital’s ER. Took my DH to the ER in another town (even though run by the same hospital). Up, seen, and back home in 4 hours at ‘new’ facility and we probably would have still been waiting in the waiting room if we had gone to Albany instead of Americus. He was in ‘so much pain’ … kept asking him ‘if he thought he was passing kidney stones. Urge to go; but, couldn’t and finally when he did right before the ER MD came in he just peed all over himself. He had Prostate Cancer a while back and still is PSA is at .0 Really happy about that.

Exermom - I think when that ‘list’ drops down when you click on the gray star … you can go back to the approximate month and scroll through them. First of the month click on the lower pages; middle (middle); late higher numbers. I know I try to go back to something I had posted or read someone else’s post that I had ‘missed’ to understand the story.
    I’m so used to ‘not’ working I am not sure I could ever do it. I was disabled because I have Bipolar Disorder and I have an ‘episode’ if my ‘meds get whacked out’. My boss could tell when I was having one and he’d hire a temp for the time(s) I needed to be out – up to a month sometimes. When he was appointed as a Federal Magistrate – it was out of his hands.

Pip – I was a little ‘slow on the uptake’ this weekend and didn’t read it right. I kept thinking …. WHAT? I have a few T-shirts … One says “I’m out of my mnd; back in 10 minutes’. One that says. “Suck the heads, eat the tail” from a lobster festival. Had a Christmas sweatshirt that read: “Smile if you’ve been ‘naught’.” I got a lot of similes when I ate at the “Y” for those couple of days I wore it. I wish I could find it again; but, I’m sure it got tossed when the house was packed up and we moved to where we live now. I did not have to do anything … because I was having an ‘episode’ because our house sold the first day we listed it; and, I lost a lot of ‘chunks’ out of my ‘memory bank’. Some, to never return and if they return I can’t put them into chronological order.

Barbiecat – Last night I got into bed, ‘hoping’ that the muscle relaxant would work (at 11:30pm) and at 3:00AM today I got in the shower and let the ‘hot’ water run over me; and, then got back in bed. Got frustrated because I kept swinging my leg at my right knee; and, sometimes that means I might be having a small seizure. Don’t want to have another ‘big’ seizure – don’t want to be restricted from driving again. I love it! It fits so well for those of us who have ‘mental’ issues to deal with.
    We’re all are thankful that you did made a ‘thread’ for us to follow each month.

Sylvia – I love going to museums and going to junk stores and watching shows about repurposing things to make something different. My BF and I drove to Birmingham, AL from Albany, GA to view the “Chinese Warrior” show. If it ever comes near you … go to it. It is fascinating! The kneeing warrior that I bought had somehow got misplaced in the move along with a ring that a former boss had given to me before I met DH. Smokey Topaz in what looked like ‘twigs’. Beautiful ring. We dated for about 4 years. Different time, different boss that I ended up working for, for 20 years.

Joyce and Carol – I once put dish detergent (by accident) into my dishwasher instead of ‘dishwasher detergent’. Remember those commercial where there were bubbles all over the kitchen. I experience that!!! Funny now; but, I sat down in the middle of the kitchen floor and cried. DH came home from work and I was trying my best to get it cleaned up before he got home. I was crying; he was laughing his head off; almost RITFLMAO kind. I was covered by bubbles to the point he could hear me; but, not see me. I had filled both places for a long cleaning cycle. He cleaned it up.

Sappires4me – Tell us a little more about you (if you haven’t do so already); such as what name you prefer to be called; and where you live – general or specific. Since being retired I read a lot; got into a reading jag the first of Summer and DH reads a lot, too. I never knew that; like he never knew that I had gone to ‘art school’ until he found my art supplies “packed away”. I’m now drawing and painting again. He keeps trying to get me to find someone where I can show my work; but, that is too much work; and, I only enjoy if it does not seem like work and I have to finish by a certain deadline. HS friend commissioned me to paint him in his Army uniform. I am a ‘perfectionist’ and of, course; I had not seen him in years. I finally got him to seen his ‘bars and pins’ and a piece of his uniform so I could get the colors right. Did you know that the bars are made of embroidery thread cut down to 1/64th of an inch. I wanted it to be ‘right’ for him because of what I charged him – tryng to figure out what I needed to charge and make sure that I made a profit. It was a learning curve for me; and I know how to attack it again if I ever paint a solider in their uniforms.

All this weekend, “Cracker’ my rescued “Jack Rat” puppy has been turning over and sleeping on her back; but, she is a 'really light sleeper' so I can't get a picture of her to 'try' to post here. She snored, too. DH asked me ‘if that her snoring’. Just real quietly but enough to be heard over the TV and distract him from reading.

My Mother's ‘big’ kiln (well, her bigger one) … I inherited along with her china painting stuff. I’ve never learned how to work it; and, when she was china painting she did not want to ‘teach me’. She was very artistic and we tended to compete with one another. I took lessons for 4 years from a man (Mama’s boy) who would not ‘teach’ his pastel portrait secrets. After our class, if he worked on them, we could stay as long as we wanted. Sometimes I think I’d ask him a question that was ‘spot on’ and then he’d tell me I needed to leave, he had to go check on his Mama.

I don’t know if any of you have ever read “The Confederacy of Dunces”. Reading descriptions of people, places, or things … I can draw it out; and when I drew the character of Ignancious O’Reilly I knew what he looked like when they put a statute of him in front of the drugstore in New Orleans just outside of the “French Market”. I know I misspelled his name (because the red line on spell check is showing up) and I don’t think it is bring up the correct choices of spelling of it and I can’t find the book. I know it probably is somewhere in the house; I might have sent it to a friend. This author committed suicide and his mother tried to get someone to ‘read’ the transcripts to publish it. She finally hound dogged them to death about reading it. It’s a little weird; but those of us who live with mental issues … Bipolar, or OCD, and SAD, and so many others 'mental' issues… and all the others would probably be able to follow the storyline. Or someone who really enjoys reading a lot. I tried reading it the first time when one of my bosses and his law clerk were reading it. They were in the middle of a big malpractice/malfeasance case and the 4 us would work on weekends and nights preparing for it.

Pip – Glad that Kirby is setting a goal for something that he can work up to. When I was working my boss and I would ride out bikes to the next town and back. The first few times we attempted it we ended up calling his wife to come pick us up. Then his sister and I were going to ride in a Century ride; and we wrecked into one another when we got blown away by a biking team. All over the road. They got a late ‘start’… Normally the faster riders started off in the front to keep from running into those who were slower. I did a Half Century and then we tried it again. After it got dark he brother/my boss tried to get us to give it up (3 miles from the line). We wouldn’t and he followed us in the truck he was using as one of the members had gone home and we had not come it. And we DID NOT come in last either. The name of the club was “Pecan City Bike Club” and I drew the logo that they use on their shirts. I guess they still do (unless someone has changed it). It went from the front of the shirts, to the back and then smaller to the sleeves. Enjoyed working some of the stations because I could ride straddling the side of the bed; something I had not done since I was a lot younger.
    That is a way to look at it.

I lost my first baby due to a Hydatidiformole pregnancy. He researched for a week; well into the early morning hours trying to find out what was ‘wrong’ … (I could see the light on in his office) and the senior partner told me that was what he was doing. He did not want to perform a hysterectomy because I was only 24 years old at the time. I’m glad that he did; I have 2 wonderful DSs because of that. I did not like him at first, he is pretty straightforward; (military background) and, I made him come into my room without the nurse and blessed him out big time; since then I ‘love’ him to death. He is someone that you ‘either’ love; or you ‘hate’ … no middle ground. “Here it is”. Had to feed to Duke University Medical School Vampire with 5 tubes of blood every week. Blew my veins out. So much scar tissue on one and the other side ‘rolls’. I tell them the nurses, they have 2 chances to draw blood, then I want ‘someone’ who knows how to find them. One of the PA's is usually called in if they start digging around to do it. Whenever I get blood drawn now for anything. I look like a ‘battered woman’ … so I usually keep a bandage on it until the bruising goes away. Had to take 9 weeks of chemo … because the placenta was attaching to other organs. This can only happen if you are 'pregnant'. In the nearly 40 years since; he has only had 2 other women with the same complication; now they have all the fancy 3-D and 4-D sonograms. Lot easier to find earlier. They could not see a fetal skeleton; so they shot dye into my stomach and uterus; and it looked like a mass of grapes. It could have turned into cancer if they had not followed me so closely. I had to then wait a full year to ‘try’ getting PG again. I was like a “Cat on a Hot Tim Roof” throughout both pregnancies.

When we moved to Macon, and, I was pregnant and too far away to drive back to him for check-ups he had a classmate from Medical School for me to go to. I saw him weekly for the main portions of my check-ups until he decided that I needed to rotate through the 6 other OB/GYN’s in the practice. The only one that I did not rotate through was the husband of a ‘club member’ we were in; sat beside him at a banquet and I knew he worked in the practice. I told him that I was supposed to see him that following Friday; he looked at me and said, ‘you’re not going to make it’. Sure enough I went into labor that following Wednesday … and he was the MD that delivered my DYS. He was so sweet and the delivery was so different than my first one 27 months before. I stayed in the hospital for a week; and, it was a ‘private’ hospital and for nursing moms … they fed us 3 meals and 2 snacks the days. My neighbors came to see me that evening about 7:30 after I had delivered him at 5:30; bring a bottle of wine and a Playgirl magazine. Like that was the ‘first’ thing I wanted to see. The MD Okayed one glass of wine when he came in to check on me. They were all falling down drunk, too. Six of them in the room. Glad that it was large. We made so much noise that the nurses came in twice to tell us to ‘keep it down’. I slept really well that night. Probably was why he (at 14 months popped the tab on a 64oz beer that we had won at the Fair that year. He wanted to ‘taste’ it and I kept telling him that we’d need to have ‘company’ to open it with. That afternoon, he and his brother we both giggling at one another. Then I realized that he had popped the tab just enough so that it would trickle out. They finished it before I realize what they had done. He still loves a ‘cold one’ while he works. He is a Wildlife Biologist and works on a hunting plantation in Louisiana. He’s the one that just got married the first time at the age of 36. He had broken up with a young lady that we never met. His brother kept trying to talk him into marriage. They broke up because she did not want to live in the country; and, he couldn’t live ‘in town’ … she also wanted him to build a house (before getting married). I told him “OH HELL NO … Louisiana is a community property state and she could file for a divorce and he might have to pay for it.” Thankfully, they broke up. I told him “when the ‘right one’ came along, he’d know it; it would ‘hit him like a tone of bricks’ and it did! Besides … he’d say when he’d talk to his Dad and brother; (several times a week) … ‘she likes to hunt and fish’! Loves the country! His bosses (5 of them) love her to death! They presently have ‘her house’ and ‘his place at the lake’; but, it really belongs to all of them. That’s one of his ‘perks’ for working for them.

Gee, I don't know why I posted that ... I guess I just wanted to get it off my chest. Haven't been sleeping well; and last night it was like my life was flashing before me at slow motion and I was trying to pick up the missing pieces like a jigsaw puzzle; and, could not find the proper pieces. I must have fallen into the 'deep' REM sleep after taking the hot shower at 3 in the morning.

Katla – I agree with your post to Beth. I have to manually disable my touchpad or else I will hit the thing with the inside of my hand, and ‘gone to Cyber Hell’ … never to return most of the time. It’s awful! But, thankfully I have a backing up program on my computer.

Miriam - when my DH was in the service; he flew in a submarine search plane; and they filmed a volcano erupt. He had a 35mm camera and took shots of it. Was amazing. I think it was on Iceland. We have a big volcano rock. Damn thing is really heavy. Iceland is Green and Greenland has ice. That was to keep people from wanting to inhabit them. DH is 9 ½ years older than I am; and, surprises me all the time with bits of knowledge that I never knew.

Heather - DH says I eat carrots ‘like a rabbit’. LOL! DH had a chuck of something in his Campbell’s Soup one night. They asked if we’d send it to them; then we got “free” coupons for a lot of soup for about 3 months – to settle the claim. We love a lot of their ‘new ones’. We had a panty full at one point. They were sending them to us every 2 or 3 days and like 10 cans each coupon. They asked if we wanted a check or the soup. We took the soup.

Mollywhippet – BEAUTIFUL SUNRISE!

Chris – I probably ‘missed’ the post. Hope things ‘get back on the track’ for you. Will keep you in my prayers.
    Just another ‘novel’ in the making … sorry … I like to ‘talk’ too! Paint those pictures in a 1000 +++++ words!

Love to all!
    Lenora (from beautiful sunny and warm SW GA (USA))

Sorry ladies, I know I skipped around a lot here - I hope y'all will 'forgive' my 'getting things off my chest ... again.
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Long rough day. I know that my problems are trivial compared to others here. I should count my blessings.

Anne from WI
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,837 Member
    Options
    Anne from WI-a problem is a problem; until it's not. We all face different obstacles/problems of different sizes at times in our lives. We are all here for each other. Some times it just feels good to vent. Hope your evening is calm and relaxing. Good thoughts and a special prayer for you coming tonight!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    <3