Magnificent Mamas (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• jamielangner
    jamielangner Posts: 165
    Options
    I have been totally mia but I just played catch up. I love all the motivational pictures! I don't have one but all your pictures give me motivation! So my story is that I have just been feeling all around crappy lately. I haven't been eating right or exercising. I haven't been sleeping. I've been a mess emotionally. To make matters worse, I thought Hayley was just having trouble nursing but it turns out we have thrush! I cannot believe how painful it is for me and I'm heartbroken for little Hayley. Her poor little mouth looks so painful, I can't even imagine. So pretty much any schedule that we did have has gone out the window. Brielle is also getting 2 new teeth so she has also been waking up at night! So all this put together is kind of draining me. Has anybody else had to deal with thrush? I'm miserable so hopefully someone has some kind of advice?

On the topic of father's day, I made cards for my dad and FOB from shutterfly. I feel guilty not doing more for FOB on father's day but I also feel like I really shouldn't. He doesn't think of me or the girls enough on a daily basis for me to really go out and do something special. It sucks but hopefully that will change one day : /
    So now that I've had him, my stomach has deflated, and I have a little "flap" at the bottom that hangs a little over my bikini line :blushing: This is the part of my stomach that I itched like crazy while I was pregnant, and at the time it didn't have a lot of feeling in it.

Now it almost feels like dead skin? I don't know how else to explain it, but there isn't a whole lot of feeling/sensation in it. Anyone else experience anything like this? Does the feeling/sensation come back?

I don't know if it's the hormones or what, but despite having a little baby belly flap, I am so loving my post-baby body right now. I just feel really really comfortable in my skin, and really happy. Wonder if/when that'll wear off? :laugh:
    My "flap still hasn't gone away and it's driving me nuts! I'm glad to hear you losve your post baby body, it definitely gets more curvy which is a good thing!
    I am at work so no motivational pictures here though I do have some at home. Sorry I am a little off lately, I thought it was just because I have been struggling keeping afloat at work but I have realized that I have gone into a depression. This happened last time I was on birth control but it also caused severe anxiety where I would ball up in a corner. Not so severe right now but I just feel pretty down, hopeless and like I have disconnected from everyone and everything. Glad to say once I came to the realization last night that I have been going in a downward spiral since starting the mini pill I discontinued its use. Hopefully those hormones can quickly leave my body so I can be me and enjoy life again. So tired of feeling gloom when I have 3 beautiful kids, a wonderful husband and a paycheck.
    Sheri, I can definitely relate and I don't have a pill to blame it on! Hopefully we can both find our way back to being happy since we have so much to be happy about.
    Apparently a lot of the women in my family suffered from post partum depression. I mentioned that I was worried about it the last time I got together with my cousins and they all started to tell me their stories. Thankfully it was never anything severe with them. I think I’m so worried because I have all these ideas and expectations about what it’s going to be like when she’s born and I’m so afraid that I’m going to have a hard time if things don’t go like that (I’m a bit of a control freak). But in my head I know there’s no way to plan for something and I’m just going to have to go with the flow when the time comes but it’s much easier said than done.
    Ronya, I'm also a bit of a control freak so I have a hard time PP since the first couple nights are completely out of your control. My best advice is don't forget to just feel the joy from looking at your baby. A lot of times I would be so busy trying to get everything under control that I wouldn't just take the time to sit in the glider with my babies and just enjoy them. That is really important!
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Anne- Very cute. I think my personal fav is the green one :smile: I love how the purple one looks like a little tuxedo ruffle shirt. hehe.

Jamie- I'm so sorry you are dealing with thrush. I have to admit I have no idea what it is, but now I'm going to look into it. I hear it's pretty common in daycares and fairly contagious? Poor little one... and poor you! Just take it slow and feel better. I don't think I would feel bad at all about the gift you got for FOB. If he doesn't think enough about you and your girls, then you already went above and beyond with any recognition whatsoever.

I'm getting nervous about the baby blues. It's very common isn't it!? It sounds like one of those things most post-pregnant women experience, but never tell expecting mothers about. I'm really glad I have you ladies to talk to now so that I feel informed and later if I need support. All of you ladies going through some down times remember we are all here for each other! I may not be good at making your feel better or understanding the situation, but I'll try my best :flowerforyou:

Ronya- Such a weird conversation to have with your MIL. I've never known anyone to think it is okay for a 15 year old to get pregnant. Maybe she was just getting defensive and then went to far. How much longer are the in-laws staying? I would want my house back ASAP.

Hubby and I are going downtown to listen to free music tonight. It's something they do every 3rd Friday during the summer with vendors and stuff. I've never been, so I'm excited to have something new and fun to do with my love. We don't get out enough and I really want to take advantage of the last few weekends we have as just the two of us.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Anne – they’re cute. The purple is my favorite, but that’s my favorite color so I’m partial to anything that’s purple.

Jamie – I’m so sorry you and Hayley are so sick. I’ve never experienced thrush but it sounds terrible, hope you both get better soon!

Brittony – they leave on Tuesday. I feel so bad if I complain about them because they really are wonderful people, but I was dealing with way too much yesterday and reached my limit. Although I’m more than a little nervous about them coming back in December after Kathryn is here. Have a great time with hubby tonight, that sounds like fun!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I was so frustrated this morning. Buck woke up like 20 minutes before my alarm went off at 6:30 so I fed him (which turned out to be pumped then fed him), got him changed, went back to sleep for about 20 minutes, then got up again to refeed him a little because he was fussy and to get his shot done and him back to bed and get myself out the door and to my apt by 8. I made it there by about 8:10 only to find out that I had forgotten my folder (it's a Wic apt and they have weird requirements about the things you have to bring.) She said I should be OK with just an ID. I brought my income proof and my residency proof but didn't bring Buck. One, because the lady I made the apt with said since I am exclusively breastfeeding the apt was for me not him, so I dont have to bring him and two because his Dr said do NOT take him to the health department. I would have gotten a note, but since the dept already said I didnt have to bring him I said I dont need it. Well, turns out I needed the note. I called the Drs office but they didn't open for another 1/2 hour. I also didn't bring the mother's copy birth certificate - because they didnt tell me to. So I had to reschedule for next week. All I was thinking is - I'm so freaking tired and I just wasted an hour and a half that I could be in bed before having to go to work for a full day! I managed to make it back out to my car before crying :sad:. Then since my boss already was expecting me to be late I went home and laid down for what I planned to be 1/2 hour but Buck woke up about 10 minutes in. I did get to do nothing for 10 minutes so that was nice.
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Wow, it seems like there are 5 pregnant ladies that will all "pop" right around the same time! I can't wait to see pictures of your little ones and read your birth stories. So exciting!!

Mel - You are one tough cookie, I honestly don't know how you do it. David and Gabriel are very lucky to have such a great momma! And your boss is pretty darn lucky too! Most people would not be as loyal as you are. I hope the breastfeeding gets better and you are able to somehow catch up on sleep.

Megan - I haven't gotten hubby anything for Father's Day, because I can't drive to go get him anything. His motorcycle is getting worked on right now and he wants to get some decals for the gas tank, which to me translates into Happy Father's Day! :wink:

Amanda - Sounds like you got a really nice Father's Day gift for your hubby, I'm sure he'll really like it!

Bethe - What is fenugreek? Hope it continues working for you, and I hope your daughter realizes that you mean business and you don't have any more meltdowns.

Sheri - That's so cute that Brooklyn knows when it's time to get her little butt in the shower. I haven't started to get Josh on a "schedule" yet of having a certain bedtime. Sometimes it's like ok, I know it's 11, but he'll be up to eat in like an hour, so I might as well just stay up and feed him. Once I get myself on a more normal schedule I'm hoping it'll be easy to get him on it too.

Brittony - I remember when it got to the point where we couldn't shower together anymore, and it sucked. It was just way to hard for either one of us to maneuver ourselves in there, let alone get clean without getting soap in our eyes :laugh: Don't be nervous about the baby blues, it is so common. Think about all of the changes you are going through emotionally and physically. The important thing is to realize when it goes from being the blues to a more serious depression. I feel like I'm ok right now, but it's definitely in the back of my mind to try to be aware if I all of a sudden can't shake it.

Ronya - I would have been really upset too. It's understandable that "things happen", but she didn't need to try to justify it to you. Hope you're feeling better today.

Annabelle - Thank you for answering my question. I'm amazed at how knowledgeable you are on so many different subjects!

Jamie - Sorry to hear that you and baby have thrush, hope you guys are feeling better real soon! Maybe another weekend at your parents house will give you some rest and relaxation?

Mel - I almost cried reading what you went through this morning. 1 - because it effing sucks, and 2 - because it sounds exactly like my morning and I feel your pain :ohwell: We went to the DHS office in downtown Flint at 7:45 to try to get some help since I'm having to be on maternity leave for much longer than anticipated due to my c-section. I only have 4 weeks of paid time saved up, I can't afford to take 4 weeks unpaid. When we got there I was like the 20th person in line, and finally made it up to the window at like 9. I told the lady what I was there for, and she said I needed to fill out this giant application and get back in line and if I made it back to the window by 10:30 I'd be seen today. Yea right, by now there is like 50 people in line, there was no way I was getting that filled out and back up to the window. And I'm watching hubby sitting in a chair holding the baby surrounded by a bunch of Flint city "treasures" all oogling over the baby, and I could tell he was gonna snap any second. I almost started crying because we had gotten the baby up early, and I was tired as hell from being up all night having a pow-wow with the porcelain gods, and went down there for nothing, thankfully I also saved my tears til we got to the car. It just sucked, they could have a sign or something saying if you're here for this, do this. I've never tried to get any kind of help so I don't know what to do? I brought the application home with me and I'll do it over the weekend and my happy *kitten* will be there bright and early Monday morning. :grumble: Hope the rest of your day goes better.
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Mel you are awesome.

Jamie: I am so sorry you are going through all that. I actually know very little about thrush, but I hope it clears up for you and your little Hayley.

This is short, but I just wanted to say hi. I hope everyone has a great weekend. I am having my final baby shower today that my in-laws are throwing for me. I am pretty excited. And yay, 36 weeks today!!
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Mel – you are much strong woman than I am. I’m pretty sure I would have started to cry the second they told me I had to reschedule, I hope the rest of your day gets better.

Lynn – I hope you and Josh are both doing well. Are you not allowed to drive because you had a c-section or is that always the case after giving birth? I’m sure this is something that I’m supposed to know already. :embarassed: :laugh:

Rachael – have great shower!

So I just read back on what I posted before. I know some of the ladies here are not married, and I just wanted to clarify that I’m not trying to say anything bad about anyone who has a child before they’re married. I just feel that 15 is too young to become a mom.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Mamatoabunch Posts: 749
    Options
    I was so frustrated this morning. Buck woke up like 20 minutes before my alarm went off at 6:30 so I fed him (which turned out to be pumped then fed him), got him changed, went back to sleep for about 20 minutes, then got up again to refeed him a little because he was fussy and to get his shot done and him back to bed and get myself out the door and to my apt by 8. I made it there by about 8:10 only to find out that I had forgotten my folder (it's a Wic apt and they have weird requirements about the things you have to bring.) She said I should be OK with just an ID. I brought my income proof and my residency proof but didn't bring Buck. One, because the lady I made the apt with said since I am exclusively breastfeeding the apt was for me not him, so I dont have to bring him and two because his Dr said do NOT take him to the health department. I would have gotten a note, but since the dept already said I didnt have to bring him I said I dont need it. Well, turns out I needed the note. I called the Drs office but they didn't open for another 1/2 hour. I also didn't bring the mother's copy birth certificate - because they didnt tell me to. So I had to reschedule for next week. All I was thinking is - I'm so freaking tired and I just wasted an hour and a half that I could be in bed before having to go to work for a full day! I managed to make it back out to my car before crying :sad:. Then since my boss already was expecting me to be late I went home and laid down for what I planned to be 1/2 hour but Buck woke up about 10 minutes in. I did get to do nothing for 10 minutes so that was nice.

Oh mama, BTDT. I've cried twice today, over much more simple things.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Mamatoabunch Posts: 749
    Options

So I just read back on what I posted before. I know some of the ladies here are not married, and I just wanted to clarify that I’m not trying to say anything bad about anyone who has a child before they’re married. I just feel that 15 is too young to become a mom.

No explanation here, good gracious 15?????? My girls are 17, 17, 15 and have not even dated or had sex of course. They are raised to wait until marriage as are all our children. It is our personal family convictions. My girls want to see movies, listen to music, have friends, finish school, go to college. They say they are totally not ready for babies. In fact Arden said she cannot imagine caring for a baby now. I told her that is b/c she isn't ready, it is a huge commitment.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Megan -- We're doing the same thing for father's day that we did for mother's day and that we do for all big holidays, anniversaries, birthdays, etc... EAT! :laugh:

Amanda -- 2 days without a shower isn't *so* bad. I'll admit I have weekends when I don't take a shower both days (um... and occasionally EITHER day :laugh:) and I have no tiny baby excuse. :embarassed:

Mel -- Wow. You're incredible. That's all.

Maureen -- I love to do the practical gift thing, too. I'm so tempted to get hubby an A/C window unit for Father's Day. :laugh: Just not in the budget so I'll continue to sweat (thanks to crazy heat & pitiful central A/C).

Bethe -- Great job putting your foot down. I worry about how hubby and I are going to deal with discipline. He's normally the firmer one of the 2 of us but man, I already know he's going to be the biggest sucker ever for this little girl.

Brittony -- Everything gravitates to my belly, too. Especially doors. I'm terrible about misjudging how far I'm sticking out now because I was apparently "carrying her so well" until very recently. Now I'm just ramming her into everything. :ohwell: I feel terrible about it and I try to be so careful (I'm terribly clumsy) but she never even flinches. I love that dress!

Lynn -- I'd also be super irritated about someone taking my baby outside without asking. I can't even tell you how protective I'm going to be of Maisie. I'm like Brittony -- I already feel like I'm going to be just like a kid with a favorite toy. I hate the thought of sharing her with anyone other than hubby.

Ronya -- My hubby is so super torn between "She's going on birth control when she's 11" and "She doesn't need birth control because I'm going to follow her around with a shotgun until she's 25." :laugh:

Anne -- I love the onesies! Just a head's up, www.carters.com has that same pack of 3 onesies on clearance for $5.99! Even if that's all you get & you pay for shipping, you'd still be paying less than that price at Babies R Us. You know I can't stand the thought of someone overpaying for something. :tongue: http://www.carters.com/carters/Girly-3-Pack-Bodysuits/VM_111-454,default,pd.html?cgid=carters-baby-girl-clearance&prefn1=size&prefv1=NB

Jamie -- Sorr you've been feeling crappy. :frown: I hope you and Hayley get some relief from the thrush really soon. Surely there has to be some kind of anti-fungal cream/ointment that would help both of you. Maybe call the pediatrician?

Yeah, I guess a lot of us were busy last October. :blushing: I can hardly wait to see everyone's LOs!

And now I feel like I should feel weird that hubby and I don't shower together. It wasn't until this spring that I started showering without closing the door. :laugh: Hubby still habitually LOCKS the door when he showers. I think he doesn't trust me not to do something evil to him or something. :devil:

We've got BH contractions every 11-12 minutes here right now. :indifferent: I had to do new employee orientation today and apparently my body is pissed that I was on my feet so long. :laugh: I hope they don't expect me to do the next one on July 5th because I guarantee that won't be happening even if I'm here.
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    She goes diaperless for 3 to 4 hours a day. My only guess at this point is maybe its a yeast infection.

How old is she? How does she go diaperless for that long?? Annabelle is two months...I would have a TON a cleaning up to do...lol

I bring the changing pad with me to whatever room I'm going to be in. I put her in a t-shirt and lay her on the pad with a towel under her. Since its a pad, I know she won't roll off (because of the sides.) Then I check the towel every ten to fifteen minutes to see if she has wet it. I do it for an hour in the morning and about three at night.

Oh and Aubrey is 7 weeks old.
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever had their dog eat an entire wet diaper? I am trying to figure out if I need to find a 24 hour vet! UGGGG, just what I needed with hubby out of town!
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Brittony – I kicked hubby out much sooner than 37 weeks, I almost slipped because we couldn’t switch sides easily and that did it for me.

Ronya- I SOOOO agree, hubby and I decided that Brooklynn can not date until AFTER college, lol! MIL had her first at 14 (turned 15 the next day) hubby at 17 and then 2 more… one at 19 and the other at 26. I know my mom would have flipped her lid had I had a baby that young. I agree though, I want to provide my children with the realities, facts about sex and their decisions and yes I would take my daughter for birth control and give condoms to all of my kiddos. I would hope they would be comfortable enough to talk to me, I’d rather prevent having a teen parent for a child. Hope today is going better *hugs* They tell you not to drive for like 2 weeks with a vaginal birth and longer with a c-section but I drive within like 2 days, lol.

Mel- I’m sorry your morning was crappy! I can’t stand those WIC people, I am actually using the last of my voucher. They provide absolutely nothing for EBF babies but require a lot. I am not going back because they want me and my 4 year old to get blood work done, both of our doctors had used previous results since the tests are not necessary and they made a stink. Oh well, not about to get poked unnecessarily just for some free milk. Usually they’ll get you all set and then give you a slip of things to bring next time, sounds like they’re much stricter where you are.

Lynn- you can forget about a schedule, it seemed like every time we got a “schedule” Brooklynn would change on me. The only thing I know for sure is that she knows bath, boobie and bed time…. It wasn’t so easy until after she turned 2 months though. I hear you, it is super hard to get help when you need it and then there are people you see who abuse it and live off of it 100% of the time. Screwed up society huh

Rachael- I hope your baby shower is awesome

Julie- I love your thriftiness, you’re going to have fun playing the game with diapers. I usually go to Target because you get gift cards if you buy 2 packs plus store and manufacturer coupons and voila! Usually turns out cheapest… Kohl sent us a $10 gift so I went looking for pyrex, my large pan broke after nearly 10 years and they had nothing so I got my oldest a pair of Levis for $10.20 on clearance. I walked out with a 22 cent pair of jeans woohoo!

Amanda- Not sure about the whole diaper but my chiuaua has always been a diaper lover. Never took him to the vet for it

Jamie- glad you're back! Never had thrush, have you looked online for ways of handling it? Did your doctor give any antibiotics?

Woohoo it's FRIDAY! hopefully the next week is much better. Maybe not since I'm pretty sure I have to fire someone for stealing UGH people are such idiots jeopardizing their jobs when everything sucks in the job market right now.
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever had their dog eat an entire wet diaper? I am trying to figure out if I need to find a 24 hour vet! UGGGG, just what I needed with hubby out of town!

Oh no!! Poor puppy! I have no idea but I hope he/she's ok! I hope everything's going ok with DH out of town - just take it day by day - you can do it, mama!:flowerforyou:
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    She goes diaperless for 3 to 4 hours a day. My only guess at this point is maybe its a yeast infection.

How old is she? How does she go diaperless for that long?? Annabelle is two months...I would have a TON a cleaning up to do...lol

I bring the changing pad with me to whatever room I'm going to be in. I put her in a t-shirt and lay her on the pad with a towel under her. Since its a pad, I know she won't roll off (because of the sides.) Then I check the towel every ten to fifteen minutes to see if she has wet it. I do it for an hour in the morning and about three at night.

Oh and Aubrey is 7 weeks old.

I should start doing this... She spent about an hour without one today, I just had one open underneath her, and it worked pretty well. I think it will be easier for her to do it now because she loves laying and kicking instead of being held all the time. Thanks!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    And now I feel like I should feel weird that hubby and I don't shower together. It wasn't until this spring that I started showering without closing the door. :laugh: Hubby still habitually LOCKS the door when he showers. I think he doesn't trust me not to do something evil to him or something. :devil:

I know really?! :laugh: I don't like to share my shower. I'm all about the water spout being all for myself! Plus we've always had really tiny showers (remember, we lived in an RV for 2 years!). Showers are my alone time!! :happy:
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    Sheri - I like the idea of mommy & me showers...but I'd be afraid that I'd drop her! And I'd have a hard time getting into all those creases with just one hand holding her... how do you do it? Great deal on the jeans at Kohls... I :heart: Kohls!

Lynn & Mel - UGH what aggravating mornings! I'm glad you got 10 minutes of peace this morning, Mel, but you definitely deserve MORE!

Julie - Wasn't it you that said you and DH can't even pee in the bathroom if the other is in there?? My husband and I have no shame when it comes to that... LOL I think you should totally get the AC Unit for Father's Day!!! :laugh: Eating is the best way to celebrate. Every day must be a celebration around here lately because all I do it EAT EAT EAT!...I'm scared to step on the scale :grumble:

Lynn - I'd be irritated at the girl taking the baby outside too. We were in Kohls the other day and this woman and her two kids (who were extremely obnoxious to begin with talking so loud in the stoer) came up "OH LOOK AT THE BABY!! SOOOO CUTE...BLAH BLAH BLAH..." I'm all for people complimenting my daughter but they were SUPER close! UM, excuse me...BACK UP!!! lol It was quite uncomfortable.

Jamie - I'm sorry you and Hayley have thrush! A friend of mine who delivered 2 days before me had it a few weeks ago. Her doctor gave them some cream to put on her nipples, but she said it was really painful to nurse while she had it. I hope it clears up soon for you! I also hope Brielle sleeps better tonight!

Ron- That's a terrible argument for her to want to defend...really?!?!...15 years old. come on!

Rachael - Hope you get some great stuff at your shower today!

Brittony - Have a great time at the concert tonight! That sounds fun! I love stuff like that - festivals and things like that are my fav! Hubby and I went to Walmart tonight - that was the highlight of my week! :laugh: Sometimes I just need to go for a ride to get out of the house for a bit! And of course we're here to vent to each other about things! I'm so glad there are women here who understand when others dont!

Two nights in a row of commenting - GO ME!!! :bigsmile: We are going shopping tomorrow, so I'm excited! We have a ton of size 1 diapers that were given to us at showers that she has now outgrown so we are going to exchange those. Also, my mom's bosses sent us gift cards in the mail...$300 to Target and $300 to BRU... :noway: !!! I couldn't believe it! We will definitely be enjoying those!!! Going to try and save them to use them for baby things that we will need in the future (bigger carseat, high chair, etc...) I'm so grateful! OH, and tonight at walmart I bought Annabelle a float for the pool that has a shade over it that's a lady bug! Can't wait to try it out! Now we just have to find a pool....HAHAHA. I think she'll be going for a swim in the bath rub tomorrow :laugh:

Good night, ladies! Hope you all have a relaxing weekend!
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options

I know really?! :laugh: I don't like to share my shower. I'm all about the water spout being all for myself! Plus we've always had really tiny showers (remember, we lived in an RV for 2 years!). Showers are my alone time!! :happy:

I completely agree with you both. Don't shower with my husband.

You all do such a good job with responding to everyone! I am not nearly so good.:blushing: I will start trying to do better.

Jamie ~ I have no experience with thrush. Hopefully you and your daughter are better soon.

Lynn ~ Fenugreek is an herb and when the seeds are taken in pill form they are help increase breastmilk supply. Hope your day has gotten better.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Jamie- Glad to hear from you. I have to admit that I don’t know anything about Thrush. I hope you both get to feeling better. I am sorry that you are going through a hard time, I agree about maybe a weekend at the parents to relax?

I asked my mom and sister about the baby blues and neither of them had it with their babies. It seems more common then I knew about. I hope you ladies can find some relief.

Brittony- That sounds like fun! Enjoy the concert!

Mel- I would have cried too. Probably right there in the office, it’s okay! You have a lot on your plate.

Lynn- I am sorry about your morning too… I can imagine the flint treasures you are describing.

Rachael- Enjoy your shower! Mine is today too!

Julie- Thanks for the tip! I actually got them on clearance at Babies R Us for 8 dollars :) and I had 5 dollar reward bucks so I paid only 3…. I had my eye on them and had been waiting for the sale. No more hard work for you! Feet up relaxing! And don’t feel weird. Hubby and I don’t shower together, showering is one of my me times that I need. He has tried to make it a regular thing and it isn’t an option for me haha.

Jillian- Thanks for the idea about the going without a diaper, I may try that.

Amanda- I can’t help but laugh. No not yet but I have two dogs that I am sure will try!

Sheri- glad you made it to another Friday! You are doing great :)

Annabelle- Sounds like you have a great supportive family!

Megan- That sounds so fun! That’s so generous of your bosses! Enjoy your shopping!

Bethe- Hi :) We understand that you all are busy! I imagine responding will get very hard!

AFM: (pregnancy post doubles sorry) We got our new counters yesterday and a new faucet for the sink that is fancier and we got new hardware for our cabinets. Our kitchen is looking really good. I am pretty proud of how low we kept the cost as well, I really think we will see our money back when we sell the house. Today I have my last shower and we are going to a huge consignment sale for kids stuff! We were going to go tomorrow but someone gave me and my sister her passes to go early. Whoo hoo!
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Quick check in ~ I am so sorry for all those that had horrible days yesterday. What miserable times you had, and I cant believe the horrible processes you have to go through to get what you need.

So far my dog is ok. I am just watching him carefully. I can just invision all the absorption gel from the diaper expanding in his tummy! Oh boy!

My hubby called me last night from his trip...totally drunk, and he could hardly talk because he had been partying all afternoon:explode: The only bright side is that he won a $300 gift card to walmart, and a $100 gift card to our local grocery store. So there is some plus side to him being gone:bigsmile: