• utekeathley
    utekeathley Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    4.1 miles of 50 - DONE

3.3 more - my total is 7.4 !
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Anybody do hill training like this? Saw this video shared on Facebook. Say, 4x400m hill repeats? :lol:

Not only NO, but "What the damn hell NO!"
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Hi all.
    I just came across this post, and figured I'd join since I'm always up for some extra motivation.
    I'm currently doing a crossfit training program (SealFit), and so I'm only running 3x a week.
    My mileage will be lower than usual, I'm assuming somewhere around 100 miles.

2/2 total run thus far: 9.2miles
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    01-Feb: 8.61 miles
    02-Feb: 4.26 miles
    03-Feb:
    04-Feb:
    05-Feb:
    06-Feb:
    07-Feb: <Life Day>
    08-Feb:
    09-Feb:
    10-Feb:
    11-Feb:
    12-Feb:
    13-Feb:
    14-Feb: <Life Day>
    15-Feb:
    16-Feb:
    17-Feb:
    18-Feb:
    19-Feb:
    20-Feb:
    21-Feb: <Life Day>
    22-Feb:
    23-Feb:
    24-Feb:
    25-Feb:
    26-Feb:
    27-Feb:
    28-Feb: <Life Day>
    29-Feb:

Got some less than great news today - some of you will remember my (literal) run-in with a car last September. Well, it appears that the trauma of that impact undid the hernia repair surgery I had last March. So I'm gonna have to go back for another repair (plus recuperation = NO RUNNING!!). Fortunately, the surgeon is planning to do it laparoscopically, so it will be a shorter recuperation than otherwise.

I DID ask whether I could be recovered for the Peachtree. He said yes. If he hadn't, I might've passed on it... :)

Upcoming Races:
    06-Feb: Al Toll Memorial 15K, Macon, GA
    27-Feb: Cantrell Center 5K, Warner Robins, GA
    19-Mar: Cherry Blossom 10K, Macon, GA
    02-Apr: Run 2 End Alzheimer's 10.5K, Bonaire, GA
    16-Apr: Running for Ronald 10K or 15K, Macon, GA
    04-Jul: Peachtree Road Race 10K, Atlanta, GA

exercise.png
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    9voice9 wrote: »
    Anybody do hill training like this? Saw this video shared on Facebook. Say, 4x400m hill repeats? :lol:

Not only NO, but "What the damn hell NO!"

That's what I thought too, but was too wimpy to post! Glad you did!!
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    February Running Totals (miles)
    [1/31 – 14.01 easy with hills]
    2/1 – 6.08 easy + 4 strides
    2/2 – 9.73 warm up, speed work, cool down

February total to date – 15.81

Goal – 62 or 68 miles per week, per training plan
    expected February total - 262 to 265 miles

Today's notes – The assignment was 800m, 1000m, 2 x 1200m, 1000m, 800m, all at I pace and all with same time recovery. I pace is approximately what you run for a 5K; on the nice smooth indoor 200 m track, I'm targeting at 46 second lap. Of course I never run precisely at the target, but I came reasonably close: 3:07 for the first 800, 3:52 for the first 1000, 4:41 for each of the 1200s, 3:57 for the second 1000, and 3:06 for the second 800. Afterwards, Coach asked if I was glad that last one wasn't 1000. I told him I was glad there wasn't a 4 x 200 at R pace tacked on to the end. I probably couldn't have run that. Add a two mile warmup, the distance jogged during the recovery intervals, and about a mile cool down, and it's pushing 10 miles.

You know you're training for a marathon when warm up, speed work, and cool down add up to almost 10 miles and you don't expect it to be even the second longest mileage of the week. Thursday's speed work should be easier; it's all intervals of easy vs. MP, with the intervals measured in miles. If we get halfway decent weather I'll do that one outside. "Miles" on a 200m track are mentally challenging at a steady pace.

Upcoming races:
    March 12, 2016 Johnny's Runnin' of the Green 5 mile (Rochester, NY - need to register)
    March 26, 2016 Spring Forward Distance Run 15K (Mendon, NY - need to register)
    April 18, 2016 Boston Marathon (Hopkinton, MA)
  • JohnONE29
    JohnONE29 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Todays workout: 8.1 total miles.
    2 mile warmup. 3 miles at 8:00. Then a 5K in 23:38.
  • pansamanchada
    pansamanchada Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm adding 1/2 mile tonight.
    Total: 3.5 miles

tf4bxo3jw6nz.png
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Taper for my HM so no run today but this is a graphic of a Friends Data from our Saturday 3 Hills Run. I ran a different 3rd hill as I was going to meet my Brother. Not as crazy as the climb up the Ski Jump but definitely a very good workout. One day I will invest in a Running watch - hopefully capable of logging Swims also so I don't have to Poach my friends feeds.
    ieime8qres10.jpg
  • nhenryoliver
    nhenryoliver Posts: 112 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi all. I'm a periodic runner who is trying to get into a routine of a couple of small runs each week.
    exercise.png

• Hydeel6582
    Hydeel6582 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm new here. My story: I started running when I turned 50. I ran for about 3 years doing 5K's and 10K's. My Dad found himself with brain cancer and he needed my care and support, it was a tough road and he died in less then a year. It's now been almost 2 years since his death and I decided I needed to take care of me. So I have signed up for a free half marathon to help my home town recover. I have about 60 lbs to lose and I need to be fit to run my first ever Half Marathon by December of this year. I am currently doing 2-3 Miles in a walk jog combo... I need your support as I begin a new journey, I need to be methodical, plan well, eat right, stay injury free! I'm really happy to be running again and I love goal setting. I've set a goal of 35 Miles for February and a 10lb weight loss
  • Hydeel6582
    Hydeel6582 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    4 Miles on the treadmill done so far this week!
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    February goal 80 miles

2/1 3.8
    2/2 4.17

Total 7.97

Upcoming races:
    3/20 Big Island International 1/2 marathon
    6/26 SHEPower Virtual 1/2 marathon
    11/13 Las Vegas Rock n Roll 1/2 marathon

Ticker is my goal for 2016 and accumulation to date:

exercise.png

• 07KatieP13
    07KatieP13 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    4.7 miles today, 9 miles in total :)
  • runner_girl83
    runner_girl83 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    IMG_20160203_102149.jpg
  • snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Welcome to all new members!

@honuNui @kateparry84 @MobyCarp @utekeathley @kristinegift — really good beginnings of the month.
    @hydeel6582 Welcome to the monthly challenges. Sorry about your dad and hope you were able to enjoy his company before passing. Your goals rock!
    @shaedetermined welcome. you’re starting great with 9.2 miles!

I love this one. It's a bit sexist, but still the spirit behind it is what matters :)
    chxzkpbyyb3b.jpg

• punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I am currently trying to train for a marathon in June but running into a lot of issues, mostly around overtraining. I'm having a hard time getting in enough mileage to properly train without overtraining, so I'm really not sure how to progress from here. I'm at the point where I'm training so much my weight loss has stalled and I really need that weight loss to help me improve my speed. Long story short, I need to rethink my approach to maximize results and minimize injury.

My January goal was 69 miles. I got 39 done.

For February, my goal is 45 miles. This allows me to get in a weekly long run and get in some shorter workouts too while allowing lots of space for cross training and weights.

exercise.png
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    Taper for my HM so no run today but this is a graphic of a Friends Data from our Saturday 3 Hills Run. I ran a different 3rd hill as I was going to meet my Brother. Not as crazy as the climb up the Ski Jump but definitely a very good workout. One day I will invest in a Running watch - hopefully capable of logging Swims also so I don't have to Poach my friends feeds.
    ieime8qres10.jpg
    Wow! You have found a nice hill! The only 8 degree hills I have are less than 1k in length. I spent part of last year looking for challenging hills to include in my run routes. This year I am looking for the steepest and longest. It's a never ending quest.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Hi all - I haven't had a chance to post yet. Terrible internet at the conference hotel. Welcome to all the newbies! This group is growing and growing! Thanks Stan (@stoshew71) for setting this up again for us!

I am dropping to 90 this month. I have two races so I will be either prepping or recovering most of the month.

I ran in the hotel gym Monday and got in 4 but this morning every treadmill and elliptical was taken. I will try to get down after all the conference activities tonight.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    2/1: 6 miles with Joe to Go crew
    2/2: 5 miles
    2/3: 7.5 miles

I had 10 on the calendar for today, but when I woke up I knew that wasn't going to happen. Today is the awful, dreaded Day of Severe Lady Cramps, which meant my legs could barely move a 9:30 pace this morning, whereas a couple days ago 7:40s were easy peasy. I was planning to do 5 miles, but when I got to the turn to go home, I figured I had time to add 2-3 more and added on another little loop. I sort of regretted it because I was slow and I felt awful and it was raining a cold rain, but now I won't feel like I have to go do any more tonight. I can take a 2.5 mile loss on the week better than a 5 mile loss. Here's to hoping I don't feel like total poo tomorrow!

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    4/3: Caesar Rodney Half Marathon
    5/1: New Jersey Marathon