30 Day Shred - Starting Around June 13th

Options

Replies

• mackemshazza
    mackemshazza Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Day 6 and still going - I've stopped hurting now, but fear my weights may be too heavy. What are you using? I'm on 2.5lbs and those lunges are bloomin killing me
  • beckiboo
    beckiboo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Day 5 done! I feel like I'm OWNING this now (kinda, I still struggle with the girly pushups and the side lunges) but I feel so much stronger and capable during the rest of it. I've stopped aching too

Well done to all the shredders today!
  • torregro
    torregro Posts: 307
    Options
    Day 6 and still going - I've stopped hurting now, but fear my weights may be too heavy. What are you using? I'm on 2.5lbs and those lunges are bloomin killing me

I'm doing day 8 today. I'm using 5# and 8# weights for this. Not sure why you're concerned about your weights being too heavy? If you can lift them, they're not too heavy! :-) Remember........it's only 20 minutes!
  • thamre
    thamre Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    L1D4 done! It is getting easier. It is a beautiful day (or at least starting that way). I am going to try to tend to my flower beds.
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    L1D6 complete!

I was so surprised today... It was a whole lot easier than the first half of the level. Wow, some of the exercises, the 5 pound weights didn't give me any trouble for once. Unfortunately, I can't say that for the side lunges. I did all of them, but maybe one or two because my arms wouldn't physically move.. they'd lock up on me. My body is still rejecting those. However, I have started to follow Natalie on the majority of the exercises, I even did a couple legit push-ups instead of all girly ones. That was exciting!

My lower back started hurting in the side lunges (I believe it was those), but I'll have to keep an eye on that.. Maybe take some advil? Hmm.

Whoever mentioned about muscles retaining water, thank you for that knowledge! It was driving me crazy and it must be for that reason! I'm down half a pound from yesterday and my muscles are adapting to the exercises, so the water might be releasing?

Also, I am starting to feel parts of my body tightening up - namely my tummy, so I am excited to take measurements. Is anyone going to take measurements after each level, or just wait until the end of the 30 days?
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options

I started with 2.5 but ahve gotten up to 5 pounds now....the side lunges are really hard with the 5 pounds but I take a min. then get back to them.
  • Jessicapages
    Options
    L1D6 complete!

I was so surprised today... It was a whole lot easier than the first half of the level. Wow, some of the exercises, the 5 pound weights didn't give me any trouble for once. Unfortunately, I can't say that for the side lunges. I did all of them, but maybe one or two because my arms wouldn't physically move.. they'd lock up on me. My body is still rejecting those. However, I have started to follow Natalie on the majority of the exercises, I even did a couple legit push-ups instead of all girly ones. That was exciting!

My lower back started hurting in the side lunges (I believe it was those), but I'll have to keep an eye on that.. Maybe take some advil? Hmm.

Whoever mentioned about muscles retaining water, thank you for that knowledge! It was driving me crazy and it must be for that reason! I'm down half a pound from yesterday and my muscles are adapting to the exercises, so the water might be releasing?

Also, I am starting to feel parts of my body tightening up - namely my tummy, so I am excited to take measurements. Is anyone going to take measurements after each level, or just wait until the end of the 30 days?

I think I am going to take mine at every level...so monday I will take them again
  • MegRuthie
    MegRuthie Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    So I powered through a bit of a hangover to complete L1D6. My head was pounding at first but I'm feeling really good. I still have to stop on the side lunges and pushups. I haven't tried to do any real pushups. Maybe tomorrow? :)

About taking measurements...I'm a little nervous to do that and I think I will wait until the end. I'm afraid I'll see no progress in the numbers and get discouraged.

I do feel like I look better. I'm sure it is my imagination but I suddenly don't think I look as terrible in clothes as I previously thought. The scale has been going down a little. I've lost 5 pounds since the beginning of June. Since starting 30DS I feel a little stronger and not so jiggly and soft. (even if I am still very jiggly and soft, I know that there's muscle building in there somewhere.)

This weekend is going to be tough food-wise for me. I narrowly escaped going for Chinese food with the boyfriend and his family for his mom's birthday (sorry mom!) But I knew if I went that nothing would look good to me except all the bad stuff. Tomorrow, though I won't be able to escape lunch at his Grandma's house. I think she's doing chicken on the grill so I should be ok as long as there aren't too many high calorie sides.

Great job to everyone who shredded today!
  • kdrew11
    kdrew11 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I'm in! 6 weeks yesterday Until my wedding day and need to lose 3.5 lbs til target and tone up my bingo wings and stomach. Just done first session of 30 day shred. Went out and bought 2 1kg weights but looking on here and seeing that everyone else is using 2.5 kg + am worried mine are too light.
  • muddertrucker3
    muddertrucker3 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am starting on monday the 20th of June. So im a little behind but I am in!
  • jdub2131
    jdub2131 Posts: 20
    Options
    I know I'm a little late, but I started on June 14, and just completed day 4. I have been doing level 2 for the past 3 days and it's kicking my butt, but I want to push myself to the limit!

I am totally in!!! Keep up the great work all and let's motivate each other!
  • linsical
    linsical Posts: 34
    Options
    Started yesterday, did L1D2 today, felt good but was having trouble staying motivated to get through everything...
  • bullriderswife08
    bullriderswife08 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was day 5 level 1 for me. I traveled in the morning and got to my moms and started the shred. I was 15 mins in when my mom came in saying "hurry, we have 5 mins to get to our hair appointments" So of course she didn't let me finish. So I did not log that workout. Should I consider that a day missed or just keep going and count that day? I know I can always add 1 extra day at the end, but should I? I did D6L1 today and feel great. Let me know what you think of yesterday?
  • liza8888
    liza8888 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    L1` D6 done! It is getting easier thankfully. I think starting Monday I will add 15 minutes of hula hooping to my day. I did that last year and it really helps tone the hip area (my major problem area). Some of my summer clothes are feeling looser so this is working. I'm so glad I found this message board since I probably wouldn't have done some of the days this week if I didn't feel like I had someone to answer to! :smile: Keep up the good work everyone!
  • Ohiopugmom
    Ohiopugmom Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    D8 (second day on level 2). Great workout, but I still don't get the last AB move in L2, so I am doing the bicycle crunches from L1 because they rock.
  • torregro
    torregro Posts: 307
    Options
    Yesterday was day 5 level 1 for me. I traveled in the morning and got to my moms and started the shred. I was 15 mins in when my mom came in saying "hurry, we have 5 mins to get to our hair appointments" So of course she didn't let me finish. So I did not log that workout. Should I consider that a day missed or just keep going and count that day? I know I can always add 1 extra day at the end, but should I? I did D6L1 today and feel gr eat. Let me know what you think of yesterday?

I would say it depends on how fully you are doing this level. If you're completing all of the exercises, doing full push ups, etc, then I'd count it as a day and move on. If you're still modifying certain exercises and doing girlie push ups, I'd add on a day to this level. The point of the three levels is to keep pushing yourself, but if you haven't mastered level 1, there's no real *need* to move on to level 2. IMHO
  • crystalinda
    crystalinda Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Finished day 7 of level 1, then went to special beach day boot camp (1.5 hrs) but I'm sorer than ever! Can't wait to see what's coming in the next level!
  • Jessicapages
    Options
    I have been looking for a meal planfor 30 Day Shred...I can't find one.So a friend gave me the link to Ripped in 30's meal plan.Hope this helps some of you out! I know I really need something to get me back on track.Enjoy!!!:smile:

Ripped in 30 Meal plan

http://images.agoramedia.com/jillianmichaels/cms/jillian-michaels-ripped-in-30-meal-plan-v.pdf
  • crystalinda
    crystalinda Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have been looking for a meal planfor 30 Day Shred...I can't find one.So a friend gave me the link to Ripped in 30's meal plan.Hope this helps some of you out! I know I really need something to get me back on track.Enjoy!!!:smile:

Ripped in 30 Meal plan

http://images.agoramedia.com/jillianmichaels/cms/jillian-michaels-ripped-in-30-meal-plan-v.pdf

Thanks, great meal ideas!:flowerforyou:
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Day 5 complete. Day 6 later on today!