When did you get rid of the "fat" clothes?

12345679»

Replies

• DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    I try to take mine in but the ones I can't I donate them whenever I have the time to do so.
  • It's a tough call. What usually decides it for me, is that if I have bigger clothes to fit back into, I may allow myself to do just that. I don't tend to keep bigger clothes. I do, however, have an entire wardrobe of clothes that I'm 20 pounds from fitting into, and I can't seem to get rid of those. No help at all...I know.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    I went through my pants once I lost ~35lb as I went from a 34 pant (36" belt though on the last hole) to 32 pants (with a 32" belt, so the 32's were more accurate). I actually need to go through them again as I saved a few 33 pants at that time, but I was just a 32 and now I could fit a 31 and possibly a 30.

I'm yet to get rid of any shirts. Yes, they are all large on me (they were all size L), but I've only bought two size medium shirts. I'll get rid of them as they wear out and when I don't like them.

The only reason I can pull off keeping so many clothes is all of my clothes were so tight to start with...
  • tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    My personal thought.. GET RID OF YOUR OLD FAT CLOTHES!!! it will motivate you more to keep the weight off. BURN THEM... good luck.. you CAN do it and you WILL
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    edited February 2016
    I went from size 24W (tight) to 8 and some 6. I did not get rid of anything until I had been on maintenance for over 1 year. I bought a belt when things started to be too loose to stay on, and wore that belt until I had lost 80 pounds. The first new thing I bought was size 18.
    It has been over a year since I brought all of those clothes to Goodwill, and I still worry about, what if I go back to needing them. Over 80% of people who lose do go back.
    I love being able to shop in "normal" size clothes, but I was obese for almost my entire adult life. I am 64 now. It is hard to accept.
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    I get rid of the bigger clothes when they are 3 sizes too big. These are pants because I can still wear a 2X men's T shirt thanks to the "super structure" even if it's 3 sizes too big since they are comfy to sleep in.
  • piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    After 30lbs lost, nothing was fitting anymore.. I've been trying to sell my nice XL clothes on Poshmark because I just can't bear to donate expensive designer pieces. :/ And thrift stores have become my best friend.
  • daltonjsmom
    daltonjsmom Posts: 74 Member
    I have a hard time getting rid of things, even though I don't pay a lot for anything. I am super picky about what I wear--it must be super comfy and good looking. I also have to alter nearly everything, since I am 5'1.5" and fairly busty. I got rid of everything larger than a 12 (wore a 26 at my heaviest) and have a long way to go...
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    I bought a skirt I really like when I hit a UK 12, because it was the lowest I had ever been and I thought I could go no lower. Now I am a 10 but I REALLY like that skirt. The line is now discontinued, so I can't rebuy in a 10. I think I will keep on wearing it till it falls off me, just with tops that cover the gapping waistband.