Oreos: The greatest packaged cookie of all time

Options

Replies

• iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    i love everything about this entire discussion. Oreos ftw. Original > Double Stuf bc the DS don't seem to soak as well in milk and well, that's just unacceptable.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Is it just me, or is MFP full of Quest Bar and Oreo shills?

It's just you

This post sponsored by....COOKIES AND CREAM QUEST BARS

500005-Quest-Nutrition-Quest-Bar-Cookies-Cream.jpg

Oddly, I like cookies and creme flavored things like Quest bars and protein shakes, but I don't really like Oreos. This thread is making me think about getting out an Cookies and Creme Quest bar though.
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options

It's just you

Gold star for your exemplary performance, sir.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    the oreo.. aka the sandwich cookie. many are delicious, but one stands high above the rest.
    Dare's Maple Cream from Canada. i have a patent in the sandwich cookie industry, I've seen these come out of a machine at 3600/minute..

Oreo = technically a sandwich cookie
    any other sandwich cookie =/= Oreo

And no other packaged cookie, none, is as good as Oreos.
  • KimmyKicksAss
    KimmyKicksAss Posts: 60 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm gonna get so much hate but I LOVE OREOS...without the cream. The filling is just too sweet and the texture is so grainy.

But that cookie part though...they need to sell that by themselves <3
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna get so much hate but I LOVE OREOS...without the cream. The filling is just too sweet and the texture is so grainy.

So the plan is, we hang out, I twist off half the cookies of the Double Stuf Oreos and give them to you, and I get my Quadruple Stuf Oreos without wasting anything. Deal?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    richln wrote: »

It's just you

Gold star for your exemplary performance, sir.

43b6744e64363d471aa0bef695330bdc54b52514353e2435161cedd3f6bd4386.jpg
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    This thread needs more ice cream.
    oreo_sandwich.png
    I've been meaning to pick up some Blue Bell cookies and cream.

My husband loves that ice cream and oddly enough is not a oreo's fan, he will eat cookies and cream ice cream, just not the oreos.
    elite_nal wrote: »
    Best! Got a few of these when I went to Japan. Also, a green tea flavored Kit Kat...but already killed it.
    0n3ks6h3o6qa.jpg

On the note of Japanese oreos, they are different than the American counter parts. I had the strawberry ones, want to try the green tea, but unfortunately most of them contain dairy. :(

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I give you...

oreo-truffles31-copy.jpg

This is what I came to say.
  • auddii
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I've seen Oreo in the shop but never bought any. Why would I want to, when we have the chocolaty deliciousness that is Bourbon?

Exactly-the-same---bourbo-009.jpg

Is this an accurately named product?

Unfortunately no ;-)

Lies. How can you go for cookies that lie?!
  • auddii
    edited February 2016
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    I just have to chime in, here. I believe some of this might make me a bit unpopular around these parts. :smile:
    1. I don't eat Oreos very frequently, but I do agree with the OP - original Oreos are much better than Double Stuf. I have yet to try to thin ones, but I believe I will like those, too.
    2. I've always preferred dark chocolate over milk for, literally, my entire chocolate-eating life, and white chocolate is just nasty.
    3. I have a package of the cinnamon bun Oreos. Other than the original, these are the favorite flavor that I've tried. I don't think they taste anything like a cinnamon bun, but more like Dunkaroos. I will be popping a couple into the microwave when I get home from work this afternoon. Brilliant suggestion!
    4. Has anyone wrapped an Oreo in chocolate chip cookie dough and baked it to make an Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookie? I swear they are a treat dropped from the heavens.
    Not yet! Slutty brownies are also a thing.

Meh, the slutty brownie things were much better with reeses instead of oreos.
  • auddii
    Options

So the plan is, we hang out, I twist off half the cookies of the Double Stuf Oreos and give them to you, and I get my Quadruple Stuf Oreos without wasting anything. Deal?

804303.jpg?lines=+This+is+genius.
  • judyvalentine512
    judyvalentine512 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    This may sound sacreligous(sp) but I don't like Oreos, never have, never will. Favorite cookies, Maple Leafs.
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    There's something about Oreos that make life worth living. The crunchiness and gooey goodness. Yum. Going to have to pick some up while I'm running errands later.

And yes. S'moreos were the greatest.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    i love the cinnamon ones and the pumpkin ones so far.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    This may sound sacreligous(sp) but I don't like Oreos, never have, never will. Favorite cookies, Maple Leafs.

It's okay to be wrong. We still love you.

(I actually prefer other cookies too.)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I prefer other cookies too... basically everything Pepperidge Farm, but I can stop at 2 Oreos... which I have a problem doing with PF stuff.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,618 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I prefer other cookies too... basically everything Pepperidge Farm, but I can stop at 2 Oreos... which I have a problem doing with PF stuff.

Milanos *drool*

Bordeaux *drool*

I pretty much like any cookie but I really got sucked into the oreo thing.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

tumblr_mnizazwSc41qd1veuo1_400.gif
  • rlr5072
    rlr5072 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Red velvet for the win!