Oreos: The greatest packaged cookie of all time

Options

Replies

• motterotter
    motterotter Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I hate oreos, they are the emperors new clothes of cookies , they dont taste of chocolate , the filling is just gross waxy, too sweet and cant be dipped into tea either but nobody tells the truth about them
    Hobnobs and chocolate digestives are divine ,Lorna Doons are better but oreos are just tasteless and overly sweet
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    True story

Came home from my workout and Mrs. juggernaut had not read my mind and stocked up on Oreos.

I guess I will have to "settle" for frozen Girl Scout cookies
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    I actually prefer Oreo Thins. They're crunchier.

The mint ones!!! I can't have them around. There is an ingredient in them that numbs my self control. Oh mercy.
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    This is my jam-

hqdefault.jpg
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I don't know why people go so crazy for oreos. The cookie part is totally unappealing to me. I like the chocolate in my cookies to be actual chocolate (chips/chunks/whatever).
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    levitateme wrote: »
    I don't know why people go so crazy for oreos. The cookie part is totally unappealing to me. I like the chocolate in my cookies to be actual chocolate (chips/chunks/whatever).

For the same reason I prefer chocolate chip cookies sans chocolate chips. Personal taste.

Also, Oreo thins are the best Oreos, but Nutter Butters are the best overall packaged cookie :tongue:

And no packaged cookie stands up to the good homemade cookies.
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I maaaaaaaay have picked up some of the cinnamon bun ones because of this thread.

Thanks for the recommendation! I probably would have looked straight past them since I'm not sold on this whole vanilla cookie Oreo thing.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,588 Member
    Options
    This is my jam-

hqdefault.jpg

I wanted to try these so bad but I either missed them or we never got them!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    I give you...

oreo-truffles31-copy.jpg

Oreo balls are even better in milk chocolate coating.

You really need to stop. You're breaking my heart man.

Not saying they're not delicious both ways, of course. But I'm also a big fan of milk chocolate.

Dark Chocolate > Milk Chocolate.

Agree or disagree? Think carefully before you answer...

mq0u3exig030.gif
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    You original purists need to try cinnamon bun Oreos microwaved for 15 or more seconds.

Y so much cardio?
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    I hate oreos, they are the emperors new clothes of cookies , they dont taste of chocolate , the filling is just gross waxy, too sweet and cant be dipped into tea either but nobody tells the truth about them
    Hobnobs and chocolate digestives are divine ,Lorna Doons are better but oreos are just tasteless and overly sweet
    levitateme wrote: »

3b66f900-dffe-0132-bfff-0a13eebe068d.gif?
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Trip report: Cinnamon bun Oreos are super yummy.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I should have known from the thread title that I should not open it, but I had to peek behind the curtain. @Carlos_421 double stuff is so much better than the original. Quadruple stuff rocks even more. Homemade is by far the best, fresh out of the oven. I don't know how I am going to sleep with all this sadness filling my mind :cry:
  • JShailen
    JShailen Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Today is birthday. So I am going to buy oreos. :smiley:

By the way, I can't believe there are people who don't like oreos...seems almost, inhuman....
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Won't eat an Oreo. Too unhealthy. If I crave a cookie I buy a single serve organic cookie without high fructose corn syrup and other junk added to be able to make it cheaper. I go for the real thing.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Weathers58 wrote: »
    peanut butter and brownie batter sounds like a medical affliction
    Lol!
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I like the chocolate as a #2, we had peppermint those were meh, I liked the fudge dipped, white chocolate dipped and the mint dipped. And I have never had a fried Oreo but it's on my bucket list!
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    JShailen wrote: »
    Today is birthday. So I am going to buy oreos. :smiley:

By the way, I can't believe there are people who don't like oreos...seems almost, inhuman....

Happy birthday!!!!!!!!!

And I agree, I think they must be inhabited by body snatchers.
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    Won't eat an Oreo. Too unhealthy. If I crave a cookie I buy a single serve organic cookie without high fructose corn syrup and other junk added to be able to make it cheaper. I go for the real thing.

No one likes a party pooper.