WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2016

Options

Replies

• frugalshrimp
    frugalshrimp Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome --I forgot to say that I am in Portland (OR). I also forgot to mention I am SORE from working out yesterday (and the day before). Went back to the gym today, because that's the only way to deal with sore muscles! :p
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome --I forgot to say that I am in Portland (OR). I also forgot to mention I am SORE from working out yesterday (and the day before). Went back to the gym today, because that's the only way to deal with sore muscles! :p

YEAH BABY!!!
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Thanks for all the kind encouragement. I think I'm just about at the point of a major mental meltdown. I have to chill a little bit and then I can go on.

My son called today and said that he and the kids are coming to my studio TOMORROW to work on the yarn bowl project for his wife. The kids are out of school tomorrow. Well, twice before, he bailed out on me, so I am not going to change my plans for him this time. I told him that it would have to be for an hour or so in the morning, because I have a co-op meeting at 1:00 and have to get ready for that, and at 5:00 I have a meeting for Empty Bowls. So, IF he shows up, and there's no guarantee he will, then I'm not sure if I can get it dried and fired in time for Valentines day, but I will try. Nothing like waiting till the last minute.

I came up to the studio this afternoon to finish the last of my drafting projects, so that's one load off my mind. Now I have to go shopping and get home in time to watch Downton Abbey. Hopefully it's not cancelled because of the super bowl. I don't care about that in the least, except for the cute commercials. Those I can see online.

In the morning I have to clean up the classroom area and get it ready for the meeting. We are having a bigger group at this one. Other artists are finding out about it and they want in! So,maybe I will put the kids to work! If they show up.

I'm afraid I've been skimming a lot lately, but I will take time to read everything as soon as I can.

Later, ladies!

Sylvia
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Sylvia - Hope all goes well and smoothly tomorrow! :flowerforyou:

Welcome new ladies!

My arm has been sooooooo sore this evening, I've been icing it and taking a pain killer. Had a nap this pm as I felt quite exhausted and fluey. I'm still a bit hot. Good thing is, I'm not hungry. Wow! :noway: I had a very nice game stew, but I am foregoing the cheese tonight. :)

Becca - nice quotes!

Last episode of War and Peace tonight. It's been a superior series. :love: Don't normally like adaptations, nor period dramas, but I did like this one.

Hope I sleep tonight, but I've got loads to read if my arm keeps me awake. I hope this reaction to the pneumonia jab doesn't go on too long. :s

Love Heather UK
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options

Hey fellow Oregonian!!! Nice ta meet ya!! Grew up in the Gresham area (went to Boring Elementary) and now we reside in Hammond (by Astoria on the coast). Great job with the gym visit!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • kimses2
    kimses2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I've been on the go all day. Just finished working on a presentation I have to do for an interview. Took me almost 3 hours. Geesh...I feel like I work there already. Unbelievable the things companies put you through. I've had 7 interviews so far with 1 company. Anyway, it's good to have that amount of activity. I'm happy to do that prep work.

So I didn't exercise and think I probably won't today. I'm going to go make cauliflower chowder for me and make the boys their chicken wings and stuffed potato skins for the super bowl. (frozen...becasue no way I'm going to be spending time making that stuff!).

My son just rolled his eyes are me when I said I was rooting for the Panthers because I liked the color of their uniforms. Seriously...that's all I have to go on!!

Kimses in MA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    Well I have hit 10,000 steps twice in the last couple days..whooo hooo :D
  • Annr
    Options
    Heather UK~ Sorry about your sore arm friend... I have a notebook that I write in every day, and have alot of quotes and sayings in it from here and there. I am a firm believer that in order for me to be successful, I need to "re-program my brain", so I gather these quotes and sayings to do that.
    Becca
    Oregon
  • joycelreed
    joycelreed Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    yahoo.... I found my way back to your board....
  • Annr
    Options
    Congrats Grandmallie!!! You need to get a map and "travel" via steps. Pushpins and string activity!! :smile:
    Becca
    Oregon
  • Annr
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    jehdog1 wrote: »
    I'm new to this Message Board. Looking forward to connecting with other women with common interest and issues. I'm from the Pacific NW, married late in life, and spent the last 7 months losing weight after a long slow gain. Hi everyone!

welcome. i'm in the pac nw too. your profile pic reminds me of sally field when she played norma rae. where are you. i'm in tacoma

Pip!!! ok I shouted that in my head.....You are only 2 hrs 55 minutes from meeeeee. One day, when we travel up to see our son in Widbey Island we should do lunch, or something. My son is presently getting ready to deploy but visiting ya is so doable!!
    Becca
    (excited at the possibility at visiting Pip!)
    in Oregon
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    smiley-greet024.gif
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    happy super bowl sun
  • VeraWatkins1
    VeraWatkins1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Had a wonderful Sunday. Went to church this morning. Afterward went for a long walk 11,279 steps for 4.7 miles. Feeling great. Took the day off from gym...a little cold. Will be back bright and early tomorrow. This logging of food is like Weight Watchers. I was in Weight Watchers for about 9 months. I lost 40 lbs and I'm still maintaining my weight. Staying motivated by reading other posting.

Have a good Sunday.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day
    Jog- 22.42min, 11.21min mi/ap, run on track, 1lb ankle weights on me, 2mi = 214c
    Walk- round track, 9.27min, w/ankle weights = 44c
    Physical therapy stretches- 15min, 5 different stretches, 2sets, 10 ea, some w/5lb weights = 72c
    Total cal 3330
  • pipcd34
    edited February 2016
    Options
    B)annr- u should b excited cuz I am the most awesome person u will EVER visit. !!!!!!!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Thanks for all the kind encouragement. I think I'm just about at the point of a major mental meltdown. I have to chill a little bit and then I can go on.

My son called today and said that he and the kids are coming to my studio TOMORROW to work on the yarn bowl project for his wife. The kids are out of school tomorrow. Well, twice before, he bailed out on me, so I am not going to change my plans for him this time. I told him that it would have to be for an hour or so in the morning, because I have a co-op meeting at 1:00 and have to get ready for that, and at 5:00 I have a meeting for Empty Bowls. So, IF he shows up, and there's no guarantee he will, then I'm not sure if I can get it dried and fired in time for Valentines day, but I will try. Nothing like waiting till the last minute.

Sylvia

:)Sylvia, good for you, not letting your son take advantage of you again. :)

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    kimses2 wrote: »

My son just rolled his eyes are me when I said I was rooting for the Panthers because I liked the color of their uniforms. Seriously...that's all I have to go on!!

Kimses in MA

:) That's how I decide which team to root for except when it's the local team.

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Pip34 – Remember once I was on our treadmill and decided I'd punch it up a number; unfortunately where I was at the time had only gone up one number. This time, while standing on it and, walking, I hit the button and it kicked up 5 numbers. I looked like those cartoons you see that characters fall off the back of it. Fell into a chair around the table and got my wrist caught in the belt and it took off several layers of skin before I could finally get up. Like …. Whirl … whirl … whirl, whirl, kaboom! I mean to tell you ‘it caught me by surprise’ and nothing I could do but go with the flow. I was too embarrassed to tell DH; but, had to because of the bandage on my wrist … it left a burn on it. “Be Careful, Lenora … now I worry about you!” Don’t have to … I wasn’t going to get back on it for a while. That was a couple of years ago. I still hang on to the sides; and, I step off it when I am trying to turn it up.

Thank you, Becca, I will. Came back to see what had been posted; and, change my supper. Had gumbo that DSY made that was ‘in the freezer’. Something that I had put in … thinking … “Oh, I will know what this is later on.”… WRONG; … it was a pick a container and hope that it is good. Need to go back and label things that are in there. Gumbo and/or chili … thankfully I always store it in 2-person containers.

Heather UK – DH brought home the movie of “Pride and Prejudice”. I had to laugh saying, ‘Hells-Bells; I did not even read the Cliff Notes on that one in HS. Now that I have taken an interest in reading … I ‘might’ try to read some that I have only seen the movies … like “Gone With the Wind” … and others.

Lenora
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    :o