Men, what should a woman eat(or not) on the first date?

Options
1131415161719»

Replies

• Sheseeksstrength
    Sheseeksstrength Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Someone brought it back! I went on this date pretty hungry because everyone always tells me that guys like girls who can eat... Well, he ended up have a metabolism problem and would honey eat four bites of his dinner before saying he was full. I was just eating my chicken when I realized he had stopped long before me. I took the rest to go and ate it the moment I walked in the door back at my house. Hahaha
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    I am convinced that the predominant reason marriages fail at a rate of 50% is crap like this. People pretend to be who the other person wants while they're dating, then they get married. And you just can't maintain that act for 30 years so by year four it all falls apart cause everyone's gone back to who they really are...
  • CoffeeNCardio
    Options
    That being said.... my husband and I met a long time before we got together, we lived together before we got together (with other people), I actually dated his friend first but it didn't last thank god. Then one night we got drunk, ended up in bed together, woke up the next morning and decided we'd like to keep doing that.

We've been together 9 years, married for 5 of them, bouncing baby boy in 2013, more to come.

Dinner dates do not a relationship make.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    crb426 wrote: »
    It's funny, because if you're thinking of eating salads because it makes you look "dainty", I feel the opposite.

When I eat salads I shove so much lettuce in my mouth at a time I can almost hear the "nom nom" sound circling over my head. I'm just not a pretty salad eater.

You're not supposed to eat your salad, you're supposed to laugh at it:
    http://thehairpin.com/2011/01/women-laughing-alone-with-salad/
  • CoffeeNCardio
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    crb426 wrote: »
    It's funny, because if you're thinking of eating salads because it makes you look "dainty", I feel the opposite.

When I eat salads I shove so much lettuce in my mouth at a time I can almost hear the "nom nom" sound circling over my head. I'm just not a pretty salad eater.

OMG that was actually scary to look at. I feel like half those smiles were subliminally saying "They're holding a gun to my head just outside the frame! HAAAALP"
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,912 Member
    Options
    Someone brought it back! I went on this date pretty hungry because everyone always tells me that guys like girls who can eat... Well, he ended up have a metabolism problem and would honey eat four bites of his dinner before saying he was full. I was just eating my chicken when I realized he had stopped long before me. I took the rest to go and ate it the moment I walked in the door back at my house. Hahaha

Thanks for the update! Was there a second date?
  • alismommy1992
    alismommy1992 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Im sorry but this question is stupid really why the heck do you care why fake being someone your not just for a guy especially about food..and some guys will actually be offended if you only order a salad..when my fiancee took me out for our first date i ate like i normaly did i ate a mexican soup called menudo and a pupusa with a modelo beer and 5 yrs later we still here
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »

Yes. Little-known fact: if you listen closely, they'll tell you knock-knock jokes.
  • Ibeachlover
    Ibeachlover Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    It would be interesting to know how long you've known this guy and how you met / know him. Obviously, if he is a health nut and controls everything he eats, he might scratch his head if you order a couple of double hamburgers with cheese and bacon, and a double order of fries lol. In lieu of this situation, if you can't be you, or if he doesn't like you, better to know sooner rather than later. Also, don't forget, you might be just as likely to be shocked at what he orders...and how much he collects on his shirt :-)
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I realize this is a necro thread... but I've learned that I do not eat salad gracefully. And if I'm going out to eat, I'm going to get what I want. If my eating habits gross out my date, well, then, they may as well run now. Saves us all time. haha
  • AdamImadA
    AdamImadA Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Im sorry but this question is stupid really why the heck do you care why fake being someone your not just for a guy especially about food..and some guys will actually be offended if you only order a salad..when my fiancee took me out for our first date i ate like i normaly did i ate a mexican soup called menudo and a pupusa with a modelo beer and 5 yrs later we still here

Grammar didn't seem to improve....
  • CoffeeNCardio
    Options
    MireyGal76 wrote: »
    I realize this is a necro thread...

Aaaaaaaaand that is my phrase of the day.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,538 Member
    Options
    Is the facade of eating something "healthy" if it's not a usual way of eating, a ploy to impress your date?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• feisty_bucket
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Really first dates should be limited to tea or coffee. If your date doesn't audibly glug the tea or coffee, then it's safe to move on to food. The absence of audible glugging makes it more likely that your date will have a modicum of table manners when eating solid foods. If the food date is successful, without open mouth chewing, without loud mouth sounds and without holding the utensils like a Neanderthal (even if they eat paleo, it doesn't matter) - then it's safe to include some wine, brew or spirits on the next date. For the drinkers that is.

I like your structured plan, but at what point does one drink soup from a sippy cup? I have a phobia about utensils.
  • feisty_bucket
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    gotten too familiar and exchanged bodily fluids.

WHAT?! That sounds like crazy talk to me, I think you're pulling my leg. That's a clear pathogen vector!

If I ever reproduce, it will be via budding.
    clipjimidea.gif
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options

Four bites of chicken? What about the champagne with oysters or other chilled shellfish? What about the lobster bisque and a nice side Caesar with table-side-grated parmesan? Did you act on any of my advice?

Despite the horrendous dining experience, did you do something after dinner?

Sorry it didn't work out for you (at least it sounds that way). Don't get discouraged.