Men, what should a woman eat(or not) on the first date?

Options

Replies

• asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Eat a banana while looking right into his eyes. ;-)
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

Like this?

giphy.gif
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options

Like this?

giphy.gif

:smile:

Like when we have bananas for dessert at school. "Whatever you do, DO NOT make eye contact with coworkers"
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I have a few PERSONAL guidelines:

1. Don't eat anything stinky- personally I can't stand fish/ seafood or to be around anyone eating fish, baked beans, scramled eggs or blue cheese. Bleugh, but I would mention it beforehand.
    2. Good table manners are a must. Must use a knife and fork properly and not talk with mouth full. No elbows on the table etc.
    3. Have some knowledge and appreciation of wine. It's a turn off for me when a man doesn't know anything about wine. No sweet wine - unless with desert.
    4. Don't pig out. Guys who stuff themselves on a date are a turn off for me- especially if they are so full afterwards that they get gas and can't move etc. Personally I like to eat light on a date so I'm not too full for 'afterwards'.
    5. Don't 'feed' me. This grosses me out. Plus, taking food off my plate to try it- huge turn off.
    6. Don't get drunk and sloppy.
    7. Lastly- I'm being picky but I don't like it when a guy orders 'dainty' and 'sterotypically feminine' things- yes, it's just my perception. For example- ordering half a pint of larger or a hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows etc. It's just my taste but I like a 'real ale and bloody steak' kind of guy.

Oh, and I'm okay with splitting the cheque. You might think some of these things are common sense (table-manners etc.) but I've encountered them on dates in the past. I'm sure loads of people on here have some good horror stories- I'd love to hear them!

Of course, once I'm in a relationship (I'm married)- most of those 'guidelines' go out of the window.

I agree with about half of these.
    1. I don't think it matters. Is a kiss even guaranteed, aren't you just getting to know each other? shouldn't put pressure on these things.
    2. Kinda. I usually just eat with my fork, lol. Guess I'm kind of rude.
    3. Don't care, I don't even drink alcohol. I think beer smells/tastes gross.
    4. If we are both pigging out, then I don't see a problem. I would see it as a sign of him either not giving a damn what I think or being reaaally comfortable with me
    5. Don't have a problem with them putting food in my mouth if they are trying to be cute or romantic but I have food issues, I don't like people snatching things off my plate.
    6. Never a good look
    7. Haha, that really doesn't matter at all. He should be able to order whatever he wants!!!

Why should he pay for the date? if I asked him out, shouldn't I pay? if we met on a dating site, or it was a blind date, we should probably pay for ourselves. If we are just getting to know each other, we don't owe each other anything. Paying is just a nice gesture. It's not neccessary.
    ndj1979 wrote: »

1. Don't eat anything stinky- personally I can't stand fish/ seafood or to be around anyone eating fish, baked beans, scramled eggs or blue cheese. Bleugh, but I would mention it beforehand.
    2. Good table manners are a must. Must use a knife and fork properly and not talk with mouth full. No elbows on the table etc.
    3. Have some knowledge and appreciation of wine. It's a turn off for me when a man doesn't know anything about wine. No sweet wine - unless with desert.
    4. Don't pig out. Guys who stuff themselves on a date are a turn off for me- especially if they are so full afterwards that they get gas and can't move etc. Personally I like to eat light on a date so I'm not too full for 'afterwards'.
    5. Don't 'feed' me. This grosses me out. Plus, taking food off my plate to try it- huge turn off.
    7. Lastly- I'm being picky but I don't like it when a guy orders 'dainty' and 'sterotypically feminine' things- yes, it's just my perception. For example- ordering half a pint of larger or a hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows etc. It's just my taste but I like a 'real ale and bloody steak' kind of guy.

Oh, and I'm okay with splitting the cheque. You might think some of these things are common sense (table-manners etc.) but I've encountered them on dates in the past. I'm sure loads of people on here have some good horror stories- I'd love to hear them!

Of course, once I'm in a relationship (I'm married)- most of those 'guidelines' go out of the window.

do you announce these rules prior to the date?? or is just on a hand out?

Omg, that would be hilarious!!!

Seriously, this first date happens over 7 months ago. Why was this bumped?!
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    this thread is six months old, I think OP already went on the date...

Nope. Just got a text from her. She's at the restaurant staring at the menu, still wondering what to order.

And this is her date:

skeletoninchair.jpg

Her date matches this thread, seeing as it is necromantic.
  • beautifulsparkles
    beautifulsparkles Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

1. I don't think it matters. Is a kiss even guaranteed, aren't you just getting to know each other? shouldn't put pressure on these things.
    4. If we are both pigging out, then I don't see a problem. I would see it as a sign of him either not giving a damn what I think or being reaaally comfortable with me
    5. Don't have a problem with them putting food in my mouth if they are trying to be cute or romantic but I have food issues, I don't like people snatching things off my plate.
    6. Never a good look
    7. Haha, that really doesn't matter at all. He should be able to order whatever he wants!!!

Why should he pay for the date? if I asked him out, shouldn't I pay? if we met on a dating site, or it was a blind date, we should probably pay for ourselves. If we are just getting to know each other, we don't owe each other anything. Paying is just a nice gesture. It's not neccessary.

One of my friends commented on it, and I found it and thought it was hilarious. Sorry for bothering you?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i love dead threads LOL

• crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    It's funny, because if you're thinking of eating salads because it makes you look "dainty", I feel the opposite.

When I eat salads I shove so much lettuce in my mouth at a time I can almost hear the "nom nom" sound circling over my head. I'm just not a pretty salad eater.
  • julesrules611
    julesrules611 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Choose based on BREATH and GAS... Don't eat onions and garlic, or anything that's gonna make you have to roll down the window in his car lol. That's my only dating advice ever.
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options

6. Never a good look

I feel like I need to know how the date went now :#
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options

6. Never a good look

Dude, they're already married with 2 kids.
  • carmkizzle
    carmkizzle Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Wow, the fact that this is a legitimate thing women are made to feel they have to worry about makes me feel very sad :(

This made me sad, as well
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I pretty much always get a bbq bacon cheeseburger no matter where we're eating. I do eat it with a knife and fork because I don't like stuff on my hands, but at least the guy knows I can eat.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options

6. Never a good look

Dude, they're already married with 2 kids.

She gestates like a boss.
  • tinuz
    tinuz Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    take this dude to a grill and steak restaurant.... and you'll be fine.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    this thread is six months old, I think OP already went on the date...

Nope. Just got a text from her. She's at the restaurant staring at the menu, still wondering what to order.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    carmkizzle wrote: »
    Wow, the fact that this is a legitimate thing women are made to feel they have to worry about makes me feel very sad :(

This made me sad, as well

Because this woman worries about what "looks better" to eat on a first date, does not mean that "women [plural] are made to feel" like this... (by whom???)

One individual's paranoia or insecurity or need to appease does not make for a social issue.
  • tinuz
    tinuz Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    the menu is always a bad option....
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    LOL. Eat what you want. I assure you if he's normal he won't care. :)