Men, what should a woman eat(or not) on the first date?

Options

Replies

• kiara1066
    kiara1066 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want not sure why the question is referencing men. Honestly, be yourself.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Holy necro thread batman!!!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    The other day we were out to eat and I was eating a chicken salad sandwich on a toasted croissant. I commented to my husband that it would be a terrible interview or first date meal choice as it was crumbling and falling apart all over the place.

(I had forgotten about this thread but reading it again has been entertaining.)
  • vczK2t
    vczK2t Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Eat what appeals to you. I mean really, if a guy is going to judge you for what you choose to eat on a first date, why would you want a second one?

This.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    On our first date I accidentally locked the keys in the car at the restaurant. I have no idea what she ate. I do remember how mortified I was as to my error. And how gracious she was to walk home with me to get the spare key - then walk back to get the car. Been married 33 years this summer.

Haha, on our first date we got stuck in snow and my husband had to push his car while I steered. He was mortified and hiding it. I was so impressed that he (seemingly) didn't let it faze him.
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Umm: What are YOU in the mood for? I would order a porterhouse steak with sweet potatoes..and probably a 7&7. :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    this thread is six months old, I think OP already went on the date...
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Umm: What are YOU in the mood for? I would order a porterhouse steak with sweet potatoes..and probably a 7&7. :)

I think I love you.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Maybe she's still in the dating scene? :p
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Options
    Eat what you like. Someone who is stressing about food on a date will not make a good first impression. Enjoy yourself.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    For relationships in general, I recommend attempting to be yourself and be genuine as quickly as possible.

This doesn't mean laying out all of your flaws and bad habits on the first date or even first few dates, belching and scratching yourself are not recommended, but try to practice some "truth in advertising". If you have a dish you like, order it; it just seems weird that women order a tiny salad ("see how health conscious I am!") or a giant burger ("I'm so real, a girl who is just one of the guys!") in trying to portray some sort of image rather than just ordering something that you like.

Also, keep in mind what happened to this guy:

b85qcq3acdxw.jpg
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I ate what I wanted on my husband's and my first date. Because I do what I want, when I want, and if you can't handle what I freaking eat, then you can't handle being a part of my life.

I also ate what I wanted on all of my other first dates, ever. I don't understand why this is even a thing.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Is this a real question? Why do you even care what men think about what you eat? What does their thinking have to do with your stomach? Very strange question.
  • jemhh
    Options

Nope. Just got a text from her. She's at the restaurant staring at the menu, still wondering what to order.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    On our first date I accidentally locked the keys in the car at the restaurant. I have no idea what she ate. I do remember how mortified I was as to my error. And how gracious she was to walk home with me to get the spare key - then walk back to get the car. Been married 33 years this summer.

<3 It!
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

Nope. Just got a text from her. She's at the restaurant staring at the menu, still wondering what to order.

And this is her date:

skeletoninchair.jpg
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options

:D
  • jemhh
    Options

And this is her date:

skeletoninchair.jpg

Poor guy should have ordered an appetizer.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options

And this is her date:

skeletoninchair.jpg

Poor guy should have ordered an appetizer.

Or at least a drink! Sheesh.
  • emmaprocopiou
    emmaprocopiou Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Op didn't return

Sad I want to go out now ...
    Glad I don't have to go through this dating lark anymore ( married 10 years)
    My first date with husband was Nandos , and it was gooood ,
    But now if he takes me out its steak and champers baby all the way

Eat what you fancy and just enjoy the date .

Might draw the line at eating fish heads though ....