No posts about alcohol consumption on here?

Replies

• Splitbygreg
    Splitbygreg Posts: 133 Member
    "It would be cool to know the number of drinks it took to black out tho. Perhaps an experiment is called for"

^^^I find this concerning.

No cause for concern. It's just good science!
  • danika2point0
    danika2point0 Posts: 197 Member
    You obviously don't really care about this so I am not sure why I am bothering writing. If you are really here to try and figure out how to prevent blackouts, you need to drink less and/or more slowly. I would recommend measuring your alcohol before drinking it. If you drink hard alcohol (which I am guessing you probably are at that rate of blacking out), measure out a shot and then mix it was a lot of mixer, e.g. one shot of alcohol + tons of mixer. Drink as slowly as you can. If you are used to just pouring heavy handed and then gulping, this will be challenging. This can help prevent that instant switch over from 'I feel sober' to blacked out, as you will get drunk albeit more slowly. I am no saint when it comes to alcohol at all but even to me, blacking out three nights a week at your age is A LOT. You are still probably thinking you are young and in that 'just out of college phase' = it's fun! I hope that changes for you. A blackout drunk approaching 30 is pretty unattractive on so many levels. It seems you still think you're invincible even in the face of the overwhelming evidence provided in the forum. Good luck getting it together. And when you really do want help, reach out for supports.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    misskarne wrote: »
    You must have a pretty thick skull. Drinking to blackout? BAD. BAD, BAD, BAD, not good at all, not cool, not funny, not anything except BAD. Your liver? Probably already shot. Your brain cells? Dying.

Come on, you're 26, you're supposed to have outgrown the idiot stage.

I still gots plenty off bran sells...No wet brain yet. I agree, blacking out, not the healthiest of things.

Oat bran? Wheat bran? How much do you sell it for? ;)
  • NatalieThomas90
    NatalieThomas90 Posts: 61 Member
    I do this!
    I'm super good all week...then my weekend ruins it all.

I weigh on a Friday/Saturday morning then by Monday ive put in 3-4 lbs and it takes me until the Wednesday-Thursday until I'm back to my weigh-in weight! (if that makes sense)

But I'm loosing slowly...and I'm SO not willing to give up my weekends!
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    My tip would be to start acting and singing lessons, so that you'll be ready to audition for "The Simpsons - The Musical" (no body/facepaint will be needed).
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    I drink every weekend, a lot,,,, I work it all off during the week, easy, drinkers add me.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    I have seen this attitude before--it sure changes when ***** hits the fan. Everythings cool huh? Just want exercise advice? Don't believe it for a second. Do something to really help yourself before the time comes when you don't wakeup.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    I can't really say anything that someone else hasn't said. I will however, offer my support. I quit drinking January 4th and haven't touched anything since. I had a pretty serious drinking habit (couple of bottles of vodka a week not including what I drank when I went out). It hasn't been easy, but it hasn't been as hard as I anticipated. I'm not saying I'll never drink again, but I won't drink until I feel I can do it in moderation.

I sincerely wish you luck, alcohol is a mean b!tch.

Yes but as most mean *kitten* they are a fun time if not in constant interaction with them.

Until the costs outweigh the benefits for you, I'm afraid you will carry on making excuses and convince yourself it's all great fun.

I suspect eventually you will lose friends, who will think someone blacking out for almost half of the week is neither amusing nor particularly clever. Eventually it may interfere with your employment, because you start coming in late on Mondays, then Tuesdays, then.... Eventually someone may tell you you may need a new liver...

I hope you find the motivation to take a good look at yourself and figure out what all this is *really* about and then seek help.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    I don't get why you are interested in health and nutrition or putting on weight - what do you want to be? a slim version of someone most people ignore?
  • whatang
    whatang Posts: 102 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I don't get why you are interested in health and nutrition or putting on weight - what do you want to be? a slim version of someone most people ignore?
    Seems like he wants to be a skinny corpse.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    I wouldn't say I 'black out' but I do enjoy my alcohol on weekends too :) I don't enjoy having so much that I'm not in control of myself, or that I'd make a fool of myself. So I know my limits for each night.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    And people say sugar is the devil. <shakes head>
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    whatang wrote: »

Could save a bit on the coffin.
  • soulofgrace
    soulofgrace Posts: 175 Member
    Protranser wrote: »
    Lets hope these suggestions serve lurkers who may be negotiating their weekly alcohol consumption! The OP already did say he's not interested in changing his drinking patterns

I said I didn't want to stop as I see no need to other than the fitness thing, which is purely aesthetic. Just was asking if anyone found greater success with drinking+fitness is all. This was never meant to be an alcoholic/living standard/true happiness post... I have plenty of fun and don't do any of these "destructive" things others have talked about. I will stop at some point. It would be cool to know the number of drinks it took to black out tho. Perhaps an experiment is called for

Fitness in not purely aesthetic, dear. It's representative of your life. You sound like an intelligent person, so I am sure you've googled why you black out and what it can do to your brain, permanently. So, maybe youre not dependent, as you seem to believe. You should research how a sufficiently high blood alcohol level can leave you comatose and/or in respiratory failure. How about Friday?

As far as your promise that you don't drive while intoxicated, how can you know for sure that you won't? Black out just means you don't remember what you did when you lost the capacity to make good decisions. Could you live with yourself if you killed someone? It's absolutely heartbreaking that this is fun to you. How about this. Just drink slower. No shots. Blackouts stem from a sudden spike in blood alcohol. I wish you well.
  • Splitbygreg
    Lets hope these suggestions serve lurkers who may be negotiating their weekly alcohol consumption! The OP already did say he's not interested in changing his drinking patterns

I said I didn't want to stop as I see no need to other than the fitness thing, which is purely aesthetic. Just was asking if anyone found greater success with drinking+fitness is all. This was never meant to be an alcoholic/living standard/true happiness post... I have plenty of fun and don't do any of these "destructive" things others have talked about. I will stop at some point. It would be cool to know the number of drinks it took to black out tho. Perhaps an experiment is called for

Fitness in not purely aesthetic, dear. It's representative of your life. You sound like an intelligent person, so I am sure you've googled why you black out and what it can do to your brain, permanently. So, maybe youre not dependent, as you seem to believe. You should research how a sufficiently high blood alcohol level can leave you comatose and/or in respiratory failure. How about Friday?

As far as your promise that you don't drive while intoxicated, how can you know for sure that you won't? Black out just means you don't remember what you did when you lost the capacity to make good decisions. Could you live with yourself if you killed someone? It's absolutely heartbreaking that this is fun to you. How about this. Just drink slower. No shots. Blackouts stem from a sudden spike in blood alcohol. I wish you well.

Hey thanks. I've been borderline comatose once. Meh. It's hard to explain, like I know everything that I am doing that night but then the next day I think to myself "the *kitten* just happened in the latter portions of the evening"haha. After all these messages and stuff no matter how absurdly, over-the-top morbid some responses have been...I am going to attempt to pace meself, depending on how it goes try to cut out a day or two also. Oh and I know fitness is not purely aesthetic, that is my main concern however, perhaps a bit vain or superficial or whatever, but oh well...not trying to live until 120 or win the Tour de France.
  • Splitbygreg
    Snow3y wrote: »
    I wouldn't say I 'black out' but I do enjoy my alcohol on weekends too :) I don't enjoy having so much that I'm not in control of myself, or that I'd make a fool of myself. So I know my limits for each night.

Right on. I need to find out what number of drinks gets me there, cause I rarely feel drunk...think I breeze right past that feeling haha.
  • Splitbygreg
    whatang wrote: »

Could save a bit on the coffin.

Always looking for some extra money to save.
  • Splitbygreg

I don't know why u would think people would ignore me? If you think that is what my life is like you are jumping to the wrong conclusions friend.
  • Splitbygreg
    CollieFit wrote: »
    I can't really say anything that someone else hasn't said. I will however, offer my support. I quit drinking January 4th and haven't touched anything since. I had a pretty serious drinking habit (couple of bottles of vodka a week not including what I drank when I went out). It hasn't been easy, but it hasn't been as hard as I anticipated. I'm not saying I'll never drink again, but I won't drink until I feel I can do it in moderation.

I sincerely wish you luck, alcohol is a mean b!tch.

Yes but as most mean *kitten* they are a fun time if not in constant interaction with them.

Until the costs outweigh the benefits for you, I'm afraid you will carry on making excuses and convince yourself it's all great fun.

I suspect eventually you will lose friends, who will think someone blacking out for almost half of the week is neither amusing nor particularly clever. Eventually it may interfere with your employment, because you start coming in late on Mondays, then Tuesdays, then.... Eventually someone may tell you you may need a new liver...

I hope you find the motivation to take a good look at yourself and figure out what all this is *really* about and then seek help.

Hey thanks.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member

Hey thanks. I've been borderline comatose once. Meh. It's hard to explain, like I know everything that I am doing that night but then the next day I think to myself "the *kitten* just happened in the latter portions of the evening"haha. After all these messages and stuff no matter how absurdly, over-the-top morbid some responses have been...I am going to attempt to pace meself, depending on how it goes try to cut out a day or two also. Oh and I know fitness is not purely aesthetic, that is my main concern however, perhaps a bit vain or superficial or whatever, but oh well...not trying to live until 120 or win the Tour de France.

doesnt the drinking interfer with your complexion?
    look after yourself, its all written as light hearted, but you dont want to regret later.