5'2 shorties

Options
12345679»

Replies

• Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2" (& 46) and I went from 137-118 in the last year. More than half of that has come off since Oct 1, though. I finally got serious about sticking to my deficit and heavy lifting. I lost inches and totally changed my body shape.
  • leahkathleen13
    leahkathleen13 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 5'2" too! I went from 145 to 125 but it took me two years. That was done just through exercise and trying to limit sugar. Now I am getting serious about the last ten pounds and man I cannot make the scale budge. I am getting back on here to count calories hoping that if I am strict for a while I will finally break this plateau and have some progress again. My goal is 110 but 115 would work too!
  • gember85
    gember85 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 1 and lost 3 stone at the minute and would like to lose 1 more. My progress so far is on my picture. Feel free to add me x
  • imreadyfor2016
    imreadyfor2016 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    SLK507 wrote: »
    Such great stories! I am 5'2" and down about 5lbs since I started logging my food and walking to work... About a month ago. Still another 10 or so to go.

I do think it's a bit harder for us shorties, especially those of us over, 50! But week get there!

I'm 5'2" and on the "wrong" side of 50 myself. Have found the weight does not want to come off like it used too. I started last week really counting calories and slowly adding exercise (don't want to strain anything and then not be able to do any exercise, and get discouraged). Down 1.5 lbs the first week (149.5 to 148). I know it won't stay that high, but it was nice to see the scale move. My goal is by mid-August to be down 10 lbs, but it will require almost complete dedication, but I'll be happy if I see continued losses of any amount after a couple of attempts with no weight loss.
  • martanner
    martanner Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    fevrale wrote: »
    I'm 5'2'' to 5'3''...began in the middle of January in the high 180s...currently in the low 160s. I have recently hit a plateau from a lot of traveling, celebrating, and vacation but I'm back on track. My goal is 135. I hope to get there by next February.

I'm also between 5'2" and 5'3". I weighed in at 180 beginning of January now at 163. My goal weight is also 135! I'm hoping to get there by Christmas.
  • FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Im 5'2 and initially I started at 135. All fat and out of shape. Over 6 months I dropped to 110 which was my happy weight. Not easily maintained but it's where I wanted to be. Then I decided to build muscle and eventually bulked up to 138 and have now cut to 125 for a show. My happy weight now is probably right here at 125 but I'll be dropping more fat to compete.
  • chel325
    chel325 Posts: 199 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I am 4'11 started at 245 and now I'm around 170. Lost 74 pounds so far, hoping to get down to around 120 ish.

Went from a size 18 to a 12 (I just realized I'm 12 after wearing the hell out of my 18s!)

Been here 3 years, it's been a long road (because I slacked in the middle) but I'm in it for the long haul.

Anyone add me if you like :)
  • ellieliam9796
    ellieliam9796 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    iCupCakeNZ wrote: »
    hi! I'm a shortie! 5'2 to be exact and I was hoping there were success stories out there of how much others around this height had lost :D and how long it took!!

I'm 5"1 and I have lost 8lbs in just over a month :)
  • lsmathteacher
    lsmathteacher Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    5'2" before 246 lbs current 138 lbs.Biggest impact was detoxing for sugar addiction. I have 15 month recovery from sugar addiction. It was really hard at first but the best thing I ever did. I exercise 5-6 days a week with at least 2 of those days being strength training. gtcowmcuxrvo.jpeg
  • QueenE1803
    QueenE1803 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm a shorty! 5'1.75" to be exact, lol. Definitely following this post! At my heaviest I was 173lbs. Really started getting serious about my weight loss in March 2014 at 157lbs, lost 32lbs getting me down to 125lbs. I maintained that up until this winter (new job, birth control changes-ugh!) anyway, I've gained 8lbs and as we all know, it's noticeable since we are so short!! So it's time to get back on track for me!! I haven't decided on a goal yet but I'm interested to see what everyone else's goals are and see the progress made!!! I'm looking for friends for motivation, so feel free to add me!! :smiley:
  • x_oh_x_oh
    x_oh_x_oh Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    alt0jcmeq0te.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!