5' 2" - ideal weight

Replies

• Libertysfate
    Libertysfate Posts: 452 Member
    I agree with this guy (ChrisAnderson2) on both things. Short Girls are the bomb. And this weight thing he is talking about here is way too low. Where did these figures come from? China? When I was a teen in the Navy I was 185 - 195 of solid muscle at 6'. I was a skinny rod looking kid even still. If I went down to 174 lbs I would be more looking like a girl than a guy. I'm not into cross dressing and gay stuff so I think I will stay away from that weight.

Whomever came up with those figures must think we all should look like the living dead or something? Total Bones. No way.

Besides ladies, I prefer some body fat on my lady. If you want to look all muscly and stuff that is up to you but when I see a super buffed muscly lady I cringe. I mean if a guy wanted a girl with muscles like that then why go after a girl? Instead he could just go after a guy. In a woman’s case your body fat is what makes you super soft and desirable. Not over to much but at least a 1" of body fat on your flesh. I see girls with these 6 pack abs and it turns me off completely. I like a girl with a perfectly smooth stomach and maybe a center line down the front just slightly showing but if it is not that is still perfect. Guys are attracted to figures and you get lean you aint going to have much of a figure. You want to work on something work on being the sweetest woman possible and that will make any man a happy man. Trust me on this.

Wow, this is disgusting. One of the most patronising things I've ever read on this website. Did it ever occur to you that women don't do everything in their lives to be attractive to men? If any of these women feel their best at a weight lower than you personally find attractive, that is SO nothing to do with you. We take care of our bodies for ourselves, not to be attractive to some guy's completely personal and arbitrary opinions. So glad to know how YOU think a girl should look, but you do not get to be the arbiter of what anyone else thinks about their own body. Good lord. Trust me, being "the sweetest woman possible" with "1" of body fat" and "a perfectly flat stomach" in order to "make any man a happy man" is pretty much the last thing on a woman's mind. Get a grip. Who do think you are?

You say it, girl!
  • candicer
    candicer Posts: 25 Member
    I believe weight is so subjective! I am 5'2" as well. At my lowest weight I got down to 118. That was about 7 years ago. It was too low for me - I was at my best at about 122- 125. The higher weight was much easier to maintain, as well.
  • christinatwiggs
    christinatwiggs Posts: 1 Member
    Scales are useless! I use it as a general guide, but I am 5' 2" and weigh 148 and am completely happy with my body. I wear a size 7-9 in a juniors and 4-6 in ladies. I have a lot of muscle on my body and have had my body fat tested. My goal weight....137. That would put me at 17% BF which is where I ultimately want to be right now I am at 20%, but even having a goal weight is not really accurate. In one year I went from 24% BF down to 20% and only lost 1 lb.
  • i am 5'2'' and weigh 90 lbs. i feel like this is right for me......we are all different, girl! 90, 100, 110, 120, even 130 can all be healthy. :)
    we gotta embrace our unique bods!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Edited: UGH, 3 year old necro thread.
  • dudes, we are all our own special shapes and sizes, stop fixating on numbers!!!!!!!!! live your life and be healthy and happy, and be good to your bodies by exercising and eating lots of plants. then whatever weight you are will be right, healthy and beautiful!!!!!:wink:
  • katieca123
    katieca123 Posts: 70 Member
    I'm 5'1" so I understand how easy it is for weight to show up because of how short we are. Right now I'm aiming for 120, and I'm going to see how happy I am with the results. If I feel it fit, then I might aim to lose another 10 lbs
  • Im 5'2 im aiming for 130 I've always been between 135-139, im currently 145.5 (baby weight). Everybody is different i think i look best at 137 for my body type, but wanna see how it goes at 130! :)
  • april979
    april979 Posts: 39
    Im about 5'1 ish throughout my youth I was averaging about 105 lbs and looking back at photos I think that looked good on me then I wasn't scary skinny, I was athletic slim I would call it. But after having children and going on pain meds I went up to 140 and wasn'thappy at all, not tthat I looked obese but I was chubby chunky looking. When I started MFP I set my goal at 102, im now at 113 and feel that I probably shouldn't lose any more because I find my face getting smaller is aging me. 102 would look good when I was 20 but not now. Im happy at 113, went to beach few days ago and was feeling pretty confident and let my bf take some pics of me in my bikini and I admit I was proud of my body except my belly and thighs aren't as toned as they used to be i figure im not doing to bad for 35. So I've adjusted my goal to not lose anymore weight but to now work harder on tightening up a bit the areas that need it like my belly, butt arms and thighs. So that being said I think you need to take in account your age not just your height
  • If you not musclier. I'd aim for 105-115
  • leafprint
    leafprint Posts: 6 Member
    I'm right there with you. I'm 5' 1.75" and I definitely look my best under 110. Under 105 is too skinny. PS I work out and lift weights so under 110 includes muscle and nice definition. Jamie Eason is a fitness model. At 5'2", she is 108, but she does have the ahem special ta tas, so that is about 2-3 lbs right there. She is fit...not too skinny, not too muscular.
  • I am 5'2 and I'm 120 pounds, I have a very small body. I workout 5 times a week for 2 hours . I do not think I am overweight or underweight. i have a lot of muscle. muscle weighs more than fat. so , I think 120 lbs is a good weight for being 5'2 .
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    It depends on your body frame, I'm a 5'2 and large frame and I aim for 120-125 lbs. which is actually quite low for my build because the ideal weight for my type is between 128-143lbs. Considering that I'm more toned now with much more muscles compared before but I think it is possible. If your small framed, then 101-120 something will be your ideal weight, 118-132 if your medium built.

You don't have a "large frame". There is no such thing.
  • shadows2424
    shadows2424 Posts: 179 Member
    I used to be 110 now im aiming for between 120 and 125. But i look fine between 130 and 135.
  • StarlightAria
    StarlightAria Posts: 81 Member
    5'1" here. I'm so broad shouldered and thick necked that anything under 140ish looks weird on me. That's my goal.
  • lisalaycockhart181
    lisalaycockhart181 Posts: 109 Member
    I'm aiming for a 140lbs to start with as a previous person said I'm worried about my skin after I loose 4 stones and am over 50. I'm going slow and steady using lots of body creams. It's nice to find a group of a similar high." Viva 5ft "
  • Saraness
    Saraness Posts: 32 Member
    I am 5'2 and I'm 120 pounds, I have a very small body. I workout 5 times a week for 2 hours . I do not think I am overweight or underweight. i have a lot of muscle. muscle weighs more than fat. so , I think 120 lbs is a good weight for being 5'2 .

No, one pound of muscle ways the same as on pound of fat. Now if you want to argue that one pound of muscle takes up less volume than fat- then go right ahead.

• YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    5'2" here. I am comfortable sitting anywhere from 130-135lbs. However, I was really in shape at one point and weighed 125 and liked it. Pick a reasonable goal and reevaluate once you get there.
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    5'1" here. I'm so broad shouldered and thick necked that anything under 140ish looks weird on me. That's my goal.

I highly doubt that. You can definitely go down to 100.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    There is no ideal weight... You need to find what's right for you. I'd worry less about the number on the scale and more about body composition and body fat %. Don't even think to use the BMI.. It's not for looking at individuals, but large swaths of population. It's a horrible measure of one person's fitness.