Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    2157045gp85zev8ri.gif
    Strong Lifts with dumbbells
    sumo squats 5X5 @ 44 lbs
    bench press 5X5 @ 34 lbs
    dumbbell row 5X5 @ 44 lbs
    calf raise 1X5 @ 22 lbs 4X5 @ 24 lbs

My word for 2016 is "alacrity"....I will greet all experiences in my life with cheerful readiness

Very impressive!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    CSSJ09 Wish the massage was in the budget. That would be amazing. Actually contacted a local meditation meet up group today that I am going to after I get back from my cruise. Excited about going. They have lots of other things they do also. Need to start getting things to do for myself. Hopefully it will be good for me.

For all of you going through or having family member having medical issues you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Anne from Wisconsin
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,097 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    CSSJ09 wrote: »
    I left the page while posting a really long message yesterday and the whole thing disappeared. How do I go back to another page to check something without losing the entire reply? I hope I include everyone in this response.

A question for all. I am very, very short ( think Linda Hunt of NCIS Los Angeles, short. I am just one inch taller.) So I tend to lose extremely slowly. I find that when I log exercise and then eat the exercise calories, I gain weight. It is only by sticking to a very low calorie count and not eating back exercise that I lose any weight at all. Does anyone else have this problem? What to do?

First, you can't go back a page without losing what you wrote.....I write my replies in a separate word document then copy and paste into the reply box, adding faces and graphics sometimes.

About eating back exercise calories, you have to be really sure that the exercise calories you log are accurate....some of the counts on MFP and exercise machines are inflated so you think you've earned more calories than you have. I found that I had to eat back or all of my exercise calories to keep my body fueled. I found, also, that I had to make sure that all the foods I eat are nutrition dense and have a good balance of nutrients. I you're only consuming 1200 calories, they can't include 300 calories of wine and 300 calories of cupcakes and M&Ms.

the first sign of spring in NW Washington

wuk2r06o4w8i.jpg

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Barbie, how beautiful. I was so excited with the daffodils in my yard. I love Spring and Fall.

You are doing a wonderful job with your weights.

Janetr
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Beautiful flowers!
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    RATS! Did not disable touchpad so my post got eaten. I'm hoping that Tony will be able to alter my slacks; if he can't do anything with the jeans, I'll just have to buy a couple pair of them when I get to my goal. When I get down 2 more points on my BMI - nurse/MD and I will talk about my weight goal. I have not had a picture taken of me since my DYS's wedding ... at my heaviest (199lbs); so far, I've lost 40lbs; but BMI is still 2 points over what is 'normal' weight for me. I'll get one of the girls to take a picture of me soon. I'll have to make sure I have my 'face and hair' fixed. Hair is grayer, I wear it curly and it is about shoulder length. I put it up in a high ponytail a lot, and just go. It probably looks better shorter; but, I got tired of not being able to do anything but wear it one way when it was short. It's curly and although I have straightened it (flat ironed) ... it doesn't look very good that way.

DH has his surgery schedule where they will put a small camera up his Johnson and see what's going on inside that keeps him from being able to pee (and then when he does it is like a dam has burst). Urologist says that it is not his prostate cancer coming back because his PSA has always been at Zero; but, he knew that I was upset, so this was the route he thought he needed to take and not try him on another medication. Says that it might be scar tissue pressing up against something. At least we will know something.

Hope that all are doing better with health issues and especially family issues. Both can be bummers!

Lenora
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    CSSJ09, I have found 2 ways of going back a page. First is to use the cut, copy paste on what you are writing, then go back and read back on other page. Then when you are ready to post, just use the paste and continue writing. Other way is to post what you already have, hit reply. MFP gives you 1 hour to edit that post. So go back to other page and read . When you are finished, go to your post and hit the little thing that looks like a gear at the top right hand corner of your post that is already posted. Then you can edit it and resend the replay. Hope I said that well enough. Sometimes my brain isn't in gear with my fingers.

my sore throat is better today which makes me wonder if I need to call the doctor tomorrow. I don't know if it was the air in the hospital today at the infusion center. LOL I have only taken one cough drop today. I don't take them for the cough but for the throat anesthetic value. And speaking of that, remember I told you about the Essentials order I got from my insurance? One of the things I got was cough drops. They were listed as vapor, cough suppresant and throat anesthetic. I had used the last of the big 500 piece bag of the Halls so I got one of those out. Pathetic. Active ingredient for all those actions in Menthol! How can menthol take care of a cough or be an anesthetic for the throat. I think I will just throw them away as they even taste terrible. They are supposed to be black cherry. I ordered them because they were listed as sugar free. Charlie also ordered large and medium diapers to see which fit him better and held the most. We may have to throw away the large. Or maybe not since he is so stubborn he keeps wearing them until the 20 are used up.

Joyce, INdiana
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    CSS: I open a word document on my computer and type all of my comments onto it. I can go back and forth in the thread to check details without disturbing what I've written. When I'm ready, I copy and paste my comments into the thread. :flowerforyou: Regarding saddles--it belongs to my teacher. I have ridden using it for the past two years and my teacher uses it too. I didn't have any problems with saddle sores for months but it sure was a problem this time. I spent nearly a full hour posting, & I was apparently pounding my rear into the cantle. I plan to get new padded bike shorts to wear inside my jeans. I think the ones I was wearing have lost their oomph. :noway:

We'll leave for the hospital at about 7 am. DH needs to check in by 8 am. Earlier today I was having misgivings about the surgery, but he just showered according to instructions. His cyst was inflamed and infected again. That convinced me this procedure is necessary. He needs to infection free. :heart:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

February Resolutions :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

Goals
    1. Find a place I can learn to fall without getting hurt once my doctor says it is ok to try.

30881843.png
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,370 Member
    Options
    Katla - Best wishes for your DH! My yoga friend has one of those on her calf and is scheduled for day surgery soon. :flowerforyou:

Planning food for the visit. Off to shops this afternoon. Bit nervous - I always am. DH not sleeping. That's our normal as well. ;)

Love Heather UK
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    OK Becca if you are going to have lunch with PIP count me in as you will bypass me on the way to Tacoma! I am now 40 minutes closer to you than I was before - in Lacey which is just next to Olympia.
  • GloworminWA
    Options
    Sylvia - when I started getting so stressed about my move I decided to go on maintenance until the move was over. It helped me through the time by giving me a greater number of calories per day to stay within while maintaining my hard earned weight loss. Now that I'm moved and not dealing with all that stress I am ready
    to go back to losing again - and just as soon as I find my scale and weigh I will change my calories to expect a 2lb loss a week again.

KJ- I love dancing around like nobody's watching! My favorite exercise! Sometimes I'll rock out in the car when a great tune comes on and my grandsons think I've lost my mind! But I DON'T CARE!!! dancing-smiley-face-emoticon.gif

• GloworminWA
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Pip the picture of the 3 of your furbabies had me singing Ebony & Ivory :o
  • joannestevens1962
    Options
    Hi,
    My name is Joanne and I'm from Australia. May I join this group? I am 53, married, 4 grown children, 3 grandchildren and am 154 cm, so a shortie. I currently weigh 85 kg. I put on a lot of weight after having treatment for breast cancer in 2013. All my recent scans are clear thank goodness. I am starting to put myself first now, deciding that being healthy is my number one priority. Thanks in advance.
  • GloworminWA
    Options
    dancing-cat-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,820 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies~
    well it snowed last night then turned to rain which froze on contact...so i was worried about Jean getting home from Florida went to sleep once she was in the air, and I woke up around the time she was due in.. and she was at the gate so went back to sleep.. hoping she got from the airport safely home..Faith said to me last night .. Jean asked me to pay you.. and I said we are family.. none necessary..
    Got Tom's lunch and dinner set and will get laundry out of the dryer... get in the shower and then get the dogs outside without killing myself...
    Rain will be coming in later this afternoon heavy rain and wind.. swell. so I will be sweeping the basement when I get home.
    Oh well...
    Michelle~ hope Vince is better and you enjoy Daytona..
    Katla~ good luck with hubby and surgery..
    well I am off and running...
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,370 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi Joanne! I'm from the UK. I too put on loads of weight after breast cancer, though the weight lingered on rather longer than I had an excuse for! I have since lost all that excess, thanks to MFP and these wonderful ladies, so I hope you'll stick with us. I lost 57 lbs. I have maintained it for over 2 years. It took me 19 months to lose the weight, but during that time I developed good habits that I'm still using. Don't try to lose too quickly and then end up crashing. Slow but sure wins the race. :flowerforyou: It is always harder when you are short, as you need fewer calories, but it can be done. Putting some exercise you enjoy into the equation is a huge help. In fact, essential for long term maintenance.

Love Heather UK
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,837 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all! Happy Tuesday! I am feeling really good this morning! I finally got my kitchen faucet taken care of! Whoot! All that work on decalcifying the pipes so I could turn off the water helped (thanks for the tip about vinegar, ladies). Got the water turned off and began to take the faucet apart and the handle actually snapped off in my hand! Insane! A beautiful tuscan bronze fixture and it has a plastic stem/core?? I feel betrayed! Anyway, no way to fix that, so I had to buy a new fixture and I couldn't afford the tuscan bronze at this time. So my replacement is a Moen white fixture with the top mounted hot/cold arm and the extending hose faucet that alternated between spray and regular flow. It's nice...I have decided, on recommendation from a friend, to name this fixture. (She believes appliances last longer if we name them. lol) So I have named my sink faucet Delilah. She has tempted me to purchase her and like her with her smooth, white, curves; but I am sure she will betray me and fail me when I need her most.

First chemo/radiation treatment went well for my sister. Tears were minimal during the time at the office. She slept most of last night. I know the worst of it is coming, but we will put our capes on and use our super powers and fly through this together! Super sisters!

Sylvia- Not sure how long your grands will be with you or their ages, but maybe they would like to plan and help fix a meal. There are some cute ideas for kids meals on pinterest. Many of them have gotten my daycare kids interested in cooking. Grilled cheese roll-ups are super easy and the kids love making them!

Joanne from Australia- Welcome! This is a great group of ladies! Very encouraging and supportive. You will find we talk about all sorts of aspects of our lives and get support for healthier choices in food, exercise, and other areas of life!

Barbie- what kind of flowers do you have coming up? Are those crocus? I am a four seasons girl! I love winter; but this winter in Michigan, the weather has been so wishy-washy and not a lot of snow coverage; it has been disappointing and I am finding I am ready for warmer weather!

Well, I got three new pairs of running/working shoes. Two Asics and one Brooks. Walking is easier, but I think it is a plantar faciatis flare-up, which means I need to get into a pool to work it out. Going to start hitting the high school pool three nights a week. I don't know what it is about swimming, as opposed to other forms of exercise or therapy, but it gets rid of that stabbing pain faster than any other thing I have tried.

Well, hope every one has a great day! ttyl KJ B)
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I can't remember who said they should show up at my door with swimsuit in hand to use my hot tub, but I don't think anyone would want to in the winter. It is in my drafty, missing windows, old barn so it is COLD getting in and out. I use it even when it is only 5 degrees out, but I am a hardy soul. Since it is in my barn where no one can see without coming in to my yard and peering through the windows, I don't bother with a suit, either. A suit was just one more obstacle to working out; it had to be rinsed out and dried each time.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options