40+, WITH 40+ TO LOSE!

Options

Replies

• Sparkymel
    Sparkymel Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I love reading all the new posts! I've been so sick this week and have really missed this group. Welcome everyone! Let's have a great weekend!
  • janewelshsoriente
    janewelshsoriente Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Buxbert - I have the very same problem! I am soooo good during the day with no effort at all but as soon as the evening meal is over and I have cleared up and done what ever jobs need doing, I sit down with my husband to watch a bit of TV and - BAM - The itchy "I need to eat anything and everything rubbish" person comes out and that's that!! Gonna have a try of the brushing teeth early idea and see if that works. if anything I will have sparkly teeth lol! Let's hope everyone has a good weekend! xx
  • janewelshsoriente
    Options
    Sparkymel - Glad to see you are feeling better - Am looking forward to the journey ahead and getting to know you and all these lovely like minded people. Have a good weekend! x
  • buxbert
    buxbert Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Buxbert - I have the very same problem! I am soooo good during the day with no effort at all but as soon as the evening meal is over and I have cleared up and done what ever jobs need doing, I sit down with my husband to watch a bit of TV and - BAM - The itchy "I need to eat anything and everything rubbish" person comes out and that's that!! Gonna have a try of the brushing teeth early idea and see if that works. if anything I will have sparkly teeth lol! Let's hope everyone has a good weekend! xx

it is easier when my husband is not at home! I brushed and flossed and rinsed my teeth, read a bit and went to bed. Luckily, I don't mind going to bed hungry it is just when I stay up that it gets dangerous... I only had a funny shake for dinner and felt rather brave/sorry for myself but, hurrah!, something moved in the right direction! finally, after gaining daily...
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Spent the weekend skiing. I was pretty happy, 3 hard days on the slopes leading my kids and 2 nieces and a nephew no problem. The 35lbs down is definitely noticeable on the slopes. Hit lots and lots of moguls and back felt good and legs were not aching (although I did snowboard for one of the days).

On to the bad though. Even though I didn't eat terribly I did drink a fair bit (beer at lunch and after skiing and wine for dinner - hey I don't see my sister and her family much :smile: ) When I got back home I had packed on 3 lbs for the week. Not good. I drove my sisters family to the airport at 5 and started the day off with a Timmy's breakfast and had another bad meal day.

Work out this morning and trying to stay on track again. The last month has been a bit of a yo-yo with very little weight loss. Kind of hurts when I have been doing close to 10lbs a month for the previous three months. Maybe this confession is what I need to reset and reapply. Need to get out shopping again no veggies in the house and limited "good" protein (ate lots of pepperettes yesterday).

• Sparkymel
    Options
    Thank you @janewelshsoriente! Much better! @tojo_73 today is a new day!
  • janewelshsoriente
    Options
    Was going to try the brushing my teeth trick this evening to stop with the snacking but I have been so busy visiting my mum and then my daughter and grandchildren that snacking didn't enter my head! I saved having my dessert for when I got back home so tucked into a bowl of defrosted frozen berries and half a banana topped with fat free natural Greek yoghurt and a choc chop snack a jack rice cake and managed to keep under my daily allowance - well pleased with that! It's now 10 mins to 10 and I will be hitting the duvet in about 10 mins so hope you all had a good day and let's hope tomorrow will be another good one! Night folks x
  • buxbert
    buxbert Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Was going to try the brushing my teeth trick this evening to stop with the snacking but I have been so busy visiting my mum and then my daughter and grandchildren that snacking didn't enter my head! I saved having my dessert for when I got back home so tucked into a bowl of defrosted frozen berries and half a banana topped with fat free natural Greek yoghurt and a choc chop snack a jack rice cake and managed to keep under my daily allowance - well pleased with that! It's now 10 mins to 10 and I will be hitting the duvet in about 10 mins so hope you all had a good day and let's hope tomorrow will be another good one! Night folks x

sounds lovely! tonight, just as I was about to go brush my teeth, my husband puts a glass of wine in front of me. what can you do? It fits in my calories so I am happy and will go to bed in half an hour.... no snacking
  • Bethie_ess
    Bethie_ess Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    This is definitely where I land: 42 with 40..50ish, maaaaaybe 60 pounds to lose. I'll know when I get closer, lol.
  • averylopez
    averylopez Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm 45, 2 kids one in HS and one in college! I lost 110lbs 14 yrs ago thru Weight Watchers and exercise and have kept all but 15 off. I work out everyday, eat as clean and healthy as possible and don't think of it as a diet. This is my lifestyle for sure!! Tracking and preparing your food is key to success and realizing it's OK to put your needs first. Feel free to friend me on here!! Good luck!!
  • yuckidah
    yuckidah Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hi from New Zealand. I'm 44 with 2 kids (24 & 15 - only the youngest at home). 3 yrs ago I lost 50+lbs on here then life got in the way & I was a bit slack with tracking. I've kept most of it off but would like to lose more as I never quite got to goal last time, so here I am again :smile:
  • swaggs2002
    swaggs2002 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Would love to join this group! I will be 43 in March. I'm an oncology nurse with a 17 year old (autistic) and a 13 year old. I joined WW in 2012 and lost 57 pounds. The weight started to slightly creep up so I joined MFP in fall of 2014 and lost those creeping pounds. Well, they are back. I am up about 10-11 pounds from my lowest and am starting to panic because I can't seem to get it back under control. I really had the entire lifestyle change and have kept that up. I exercise and eat the right foods I just think I've been eating too many of them. Very frustrating and I don't want to end up where I started.
  • flaryJen6
    flaryJen6 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 44 I have finally been diagnosed with Hashimoto disease, but only after putting on around 70lbs! I also had Guillian-Barre Syndrome in 2012 and being paralyzed in a bed for a couple months did nothing to help me. I have alot to lose before I can get my health back. I have to do this, yet I keep tripping. Looking for help to stay accountable.
  • mrsnjarmstrong
    mrsnjarmstrong Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would love to join the group. I'm 39 and perimenapausal. I've gained 30 in 3 years. In starting nutrisystem tomorrow. Girls I'm not going into 40 weighing more than 1 hundred and fit. I love cycling and apparently food. I hope to connect with others like me. Good luck everybody!
  • eltonerickson1974
    Options
    41 yrs old.
    I figure I've got about 60 pounds I'd like to lose.
    Recovering from an accident that left me with a broken left ankle and broken right femur. This was five months ago so I'm up on crutches now and starting to be able to get to the gym and work out again.
    Hoping to find some accountabilabuddies that I can support and I turn recieve the support and encouragement that I'll need to get this done!
  • ImWithHer
    ImWithHer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey there. Haven't been back for a while since someone was a little snooty to me but I see they haven't reposted and everyone else was so lovely.
    We had a couple of weeks with sick kids then sick me so no exercise and a little stress eating, but Lent for me back on track.
  • jimmckenna68
    jimmckenna68 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    ImWithHer wrote: »
    Hey there. Haven't been back for a while since someone was a little snooty to me but I see they haven't reposted and everyone else was so lovely.
    We had a couple of weeks with sick kids then sick me so no exercise and a little stress eating, but Lent for me back on track.

Hi. Lent. Good call.

Especially using it for positive, affirmative action instead of negative, prohibitive denial.

Happy to be an accountable chum.

Aka - a pain in your butt to chivvy you along the way
  • Sparkymel
    Options
    Checking in on our awesome group. It's been a rough 2 weeks, but staying on track and logging every day has helped. I am so thankful, you guys help keep me focused. Welcome to all the new people! Let's have a great week!
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    hi all this is my last year in my 40s. I turned 49 on February 1. I will not be 50 and fat that is my goal. I need to lose 40 pounds and would like to have it all gone by 2/1/17. I wold love to be a part of this group. Good luck everyone and feel free to add me!
  • janewelshsoriente
    Options
    Good morning everyone! How has your week been so far? Mine has been a bit hit and miss if I am honest. its weigh in day tomorrow and am hoping I will get at least a pound off. I have been logging for a week now and am finding that even if I do slip, I am now in more control which is what I want. So yeah - if I get an attack of the binge monster - so what! I log it and then am in control of what I do as far as counter measures. Does this make sense? Lets hope it works!