Day 1/365

Options

Replies

• stacyhaddenham
    stacyhaddenham Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Moms surgery went well, but now I am on the couch with my alarm set to get up every 2 hours to give her pain meds and a dog who won't stay off my knee. Wth? She is 13 lbs can't she find somewhere else to walk? Yeesh! Going to throw a couple things on my journal but too tired to log it all will finish it tomorrow.
  • jess_donoghue
    jess_donoghue Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Day 29/365 - went out for lunch today with a friend and there is nothing better than talking to some who has known you for almost 30 years! Where did all those years go, and aren't I only 29?????
    Our kids are now the same age as we were when we met .... Crazy!!!
    She is my sounding board and my hero! Her baby boy, who is now 13, was diagnosed with a rare form of leukaemia when he was 5.... She was then diagnosed with cervical cancer 2 years ago... Both are well and considered cancer free but the hell that she has gone through and yet she never stopped being who she is.
    We also toasted another friend we went to high school with who would have been 44 today. She passed away after having a heart attack 2 years ago.... That should have been my ultimate wake up call, but it wasn't. Now I do this for me, and a little bit in her honour as well.
    We got this!!!
  • curraninspections
    Options
    Day1/365 well really day two of diet day one of using Mfp. I can do this! So far so good.
  • Hotshot_Barretta
    Hotshot_Barretta Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Mind if I join, lost 12 pounds since the new yr, looking for daily acoutabillabuddies
  • stacyhaddenham
    Options
    Hi curraninspections and busty_lusty, welcome.
    Jess, I think it is 29 and holding, otherwise how are the kids ever going to catch up? At least that was what my aunt used to tell me. She had to hold at 29 and wait for me to catch up. Lol. She finally turned 40 when her kids refused to explain why they were older than she was.
    Mom is doing well today but we are now at day 30 I think since I have been home. Hopefully now that she has had surgery the arm will heal properly and we can get her back to independent soon. Then it is on to some rehabing of my knee and we will be back on track.

We got this!
  • Hotshot_Barretta
    Options
    Ty for the welcome. And best wishes to those going through hard times. Your friend sounds very strong not only for beating cancer yerself, but for going through he'll with her son as well. I couldn't imagine.

Ok so my day 1.
    1/365
    Today was a relatively good day for me. All was well until I bought a bottle of wine. I logged one glass, honestly. I drank the whole bottle, I did log it and it fit in m calories and even more weird it just almost for in my macros. At least I owned up to it. Tomorrow is a new day, wine free. I hadn't drank since Christmas before today so I'm not going to beat myself up too bad. Going through a lot right now. Have been good with activity to cope but may need to come here when more is needed.
  • jess_donoghue
    Options
    This is awesome! The more peeps we have the more we have to be accountable!!!
    Day 31/365... I missed posting yesterday again. I that's not right. I ate ok but I too had a large glass of wine.... It is logged, and the amazing thing is I don't have a headache this morning. I haven't had a migraine in 12 days now, so I'm absolutely thrilled with my Daith piercings!!! Now, this doesn't give me free reign over drinking more lol. But my god!!! It's amazing to wake up and not be in pain!!!
    Stac!! Good news about your mom, but you really need to focus on you now and not put off your own healing until she's better! You need to be the focus now and always. Put yourself first! We got this, remember? But to do that it has to be about you!! I'm off to take the kiddies to school... So I'll be back!!
    WE GOT THIS!!! Xo
  • Hotshot_Barretta
    Options
    2/365

I started the day out eating my lunch for breakfast. That really helped me avoid snacking and I felt really full until 2pm. Only problem is I felt I could skip lunch bc I was so full and it lead me to a small binge after dinner while assembling valentine's day treats for my boys classes. 4 marshmallows, 4 carmels, 6 mini tootsie rolls. Yeah it was bad. I felt really sick after as well. On a positive I prepared a high protein low carb chicken tortilla soup for dinner and my grandparents loved it. I'm trying to get them to eat healthier so when the compliments came it warmed my heart. Tomorrow my ex husband is coming to get my step son who I have had custody of. I feel a bit of failure and resentment for him not helping me with kids and not contacting our 2 kids in months. However I try to remind myself that I tried with my step son. I did more than most would be willing to do. It will be nice and less stress to get back to just being mom I my kids and not having to continue guardianship court dates for my step son. (I called ex to ask of he could love with him bc he is physically hurting my 2 yr old daily and he's almost 12. He also doesn't have respect for me or any adult and dad has 5 kids by 3 women he doesn't parent at all, however at least the older two get child support) long ramble I know wbut I have a lot of thoughts flowing today. Hope everyone has a great Friday eve!!!!
  • stacyhaddenham
    Options
    If only there was a way to speed up the insurance company to approve my pt. Ugh. This not being able to exercise is pretty much for the birds.
  • stacyhaddenham
    Options
    Yay the weekend is here which means so is the wife! Mom wants a couple more days with help and the Dr ok'd her to try driving on sunday! There is an end in sight!
  • jess_donoghue
    Options
    Day 32/365 -
    Oh busty_lusty!! Rant all you need too!! That's terrible about your ex! And I'm so sorry about your step son! It's not a great situation for your own kids! Sending you hugs and good thoughts, although a slap upside your ex's head would be better!!
    Stacey! Enjoy your weekend!!!!! It's great that your wife can come and good news about your mom!!!
    I'm not sure where everyone is from but I'm in Toronto, and we have a long weekend.... However I didn't realize this before so scheduled myself to work ALL weekend! Plus it's minus 30 with the wind chill and I'm being a baby about it!
    Hope everyone has a great day!!! We got this!!! Xo
  • stacyhaddenham
    Options
    You can be as much of a baby as you want to at neg 30. Lol. Finally going home tomorrow. Mom is able to do most everything but cook now and I have gotten enough meals out up for her that she can hear and eat. Can't wait to sleep in my own bed.
  • stacyhaddenham
    Options
    Got home yesterday, laid down on my own bed and fell asleep at 7. lol oops Hopefully we will hear tomorrow about starting pt. Can't wait to get this knee going the right direction so that the rest of me can get right too.
  • stacyhaddenham
    Options
    Another pound down this morning!
  • jess_donoghue
    Options
    Day 35/365 - Stac!! So glad you're home! Get going on taking care of you now!!!!
    I weigh in on Thursday this week and am kind of excited. My eating is good and I'm moving a bit more each day. Ok, not so much on the 2 minus 30 degrees days, but tonight I went for a nice
    Long walk in the snow and feel really good! I'm off tomorrow, and am going for a hike tomorrow with my dog, and I have my meals planned for the day! We got this!!! Xo
  • stacyhaddenham
    Options
    I don't know why you aren't running right out to take a jog in minus 30. Lol. :p
  • pennysue1123
    pennysue1123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't know why you aren't running right out to take a jog in minus 30. Lol. :p

This is my first time posting. Have been reading your blogs and great progress you are making. I just started and need to lose 36 lbs. I walk daily but not enough. I am retired and want to feel better and build more strength and muscle. I have belly fat now, hate it! I like to look nice in my clothes. My hair and makeup done. Also like it outside. My husband and I like to fish, and work in the yard. My goal is 2 lbs a week. I know I must step up pace for walking. Don't go to a gym, thought about it. Keep up the good work
  • morgennn
    morgennn Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm joining in!! I love this thread :)

I started in November last year but I'll take this as my day three? (Day one would have been Monday).. I've lost 34.6lbs in total now and 1 dress size, nearly two.

So, day 1 - Gave up my tea fast and had a cuppa for breakfast, I had only lasted four days without one so I didn't do too well! Met up with friends after dinner and had to walk in circles around my car to meet my 10k step goal... They probably think I'm going loopy! I hit it though, 10,197 steps to end Monday! My fitbit is my best friend.

Day 2 - Again, a cup of tea for breakfast! I can never stomach food in the mornings. Weightwatchers macaroni for lunch and then chicken kiev with wedges for dinner.. Very hungry day but I still managed to complete my diary on 1267 calories and I also managed 12,473 steps! Not too shabby with a desk job :D

Day 3 - Started off today with a packet of baked walkers crisps.. Super healthy, I know. Work has been dreadful so I'm only on 3117 steps so far today.. I might go for a ten minute walk to try and up that a little! I had some beautiful Bean soup and it's chilli for dinner.. Shaping up to be a very good day food wise to be honest! I've not even had my daily cuppa yet :)

Must get away from this computer now and go for a walk, I only have twenty minutes of my lunch left!

• Hotshot_Barretta
    Options
    Ok I couldn't find this thread and I'm new so I stumbled around and found again lol.

8/365

My brother is now working out and eating right with me. It's the week before my TOM so my scale shows a 7 pound gain. I have been increasing workout intensity with my brother and my muscles hurt so tht may also be water. I'm going to try not eating carbs after lunch. And kicking up the water even more. Although I have a feeling I may need to just avoid the scale for the next 10 days lol. I am being incredibly a cover and eating well so I'm not going to fret over the number too much for now. I had a crazy thought of doing some training to do the tough mudder aye next year? Has anyone done that it looks really intense.
  • stacyhaddenham
    Options
    Busty_lusty, if you click on the star in the upper right just it will bookmark this conversation for you.

Welcome to all of the new people! The more the merrier!

Great news, after 2 months I finally start physical therapy this afternoon for my knee! I can hardly wait to get back to walking more than a few yards without pain!