Nobody wants to lift no heavy *kitten* weight!

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    This thread is terrifying

Don't be scared.

They're really nice people once you get to know them.

Maybe throw them a large steak as a peace offering?
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    I heard we were comparing d**ks here. I'm not going to be able to touch some of these stats (I'm looking at you, Jo), so....

*drops trou*

*gets tape measure*

Damn.

*goes back to get longer tape measure*
  • enemyger
    enemyger Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    The backlash in this thread is giving me life ahahahhahahah
  • FabianRodriguez94
    FabianRodriguez94 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Don't understand the backlash, the title was from a famous quote.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I heard we were comparing d**ks here. I'm not going to be able to touch some of these stats (I'm looking at you, Jo), so....

*drops trou*

shamed... let me go get my yard stick for you- that little piddly ruler wont' cut it for you ;)
    Don't understand the backlash, the title was from a famous quote.

yeah yeah yeah- we know- we're off it- read the rest of the thread.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

Don't be scared.

mmhnmm STEAKS!!! steaks = happy jo. for surz.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

Don't be scared.

mmhnmm STEAKS!!! steaks = happy jo. for surz.

(See? I'm fluent in their love language.)
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    ovidnine wrote: »
    sarahlifts wrote: »

Lifting heavy is considered heavy for that individual. what I'm lifting now is heavy to me

Truth!

I second this. That's why it irks me when I see posts on this forum that says "I saw someone at the gym lifting weights and I wanted to go over there and tell them that they need to lift HEAVY to get RESULTS!" Um, perhaps they were??

Yep agreed. My squats look crazy weak but I have bad knees, scoliosis and terrible hip mobility. Since I don't want poor form or injury my "low" weight is quite heavy for me. I'd love to have the impressive stats of some of these ladies but I'm doing the best I can with what I've got :/
  • ovidnine
    ovidnine Posts: 314 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I love this thread. It could've gone so horribly, it tried to go horribly and yet, it has been salvaged.

Great work OP for being such an awesome sport and for most everybody having a good time with things.

Also, is someone handing out steak? Where do I sign up?

Yep agreed. My squats look crazy weak but I have bad knees, scoliosis and terrible hip mobility. Since I don't want poor form or injury my "low" weight is quite heavy for me. I'd love to have the impressive stats of some of these ladies but I'm doing the best I can with what I've got :/

And this is what matters!

@singingflutelady Oh my goodness that sounds awful! I'm glad you're in at least partial remission and that you're able to lift again.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    ovidnine wrote: »

Lifting heavy is considered heavy for that individual. what I'm lifting now is heavy to me

Truth!

I second this. That's why it irks me when I see posts on this forum that says "I saw someone at the gym lifting weights and I wanted to go over there and tell them that they need to lift HEAVY to get RESULTS!" Um, perhaps they were??

I have only very rarely seen anybody say something like that on MFP and when they have, multiple people have chimed in to say "mind your own business", "everybody starts somewhere", etc. The only reason it came up here was because the intent of the thread was not clear at first but that was later cleared up.
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    @nakedraygun I was diagnosed with Crohn's and was near death. I didn't stop flaring until September. 4 months Prednisone +8 months iron level of 0 and malabsorption basically made me bedridden. I never want to be that weak again ( I couldn't get up when I squatted to pick something off the floor without assistance). It was crazy.

Ugh, thats rough. My oldest was diagnosed when he was 5 (now almost 18). Had to have 20 inches of lower intestine removed and go on a liquid diet for 12 weeks back 5 years ago. Liquid diet helped reset his absorption issues and he started gaining weight. They also put him on Hummera which made a huge difference. He's now 6'4" and around 185ish. Still skinny and has some flarups now and then but nothing too bad.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @piperdown44 i was on tpn for a while too. I am on Remicade which is similar to humira. Actually I'm getting it right now! 053xacxxz996.jpg
  • nataliewalters5851
    Options
    Geeze. Poor guy. His title was supposed to be a joke pretty sure. Anyways we all start somewhere! I'm currently just focusing on building strength.

Current stats
    Ht: 5'2"
    Wt:130
    1RM
    Bench: 105
    Squat: 205
    Deadlift: 245
    OHP: 80
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Wow you are all so strong.

bench 90x5, squat 160x5, dl 200x5, ohp 60x5

5'7 153 24% bf 37yo
    (I bulked through the winter) Avatar 141and I was lifting way less then like a 80 lb squat yall 70 lb dl 30 lb ohp

yall are strong as all get out!

@sarahlifts You look awesome!!!
    Your stats are about the same as mine and your lifts are about the same!!!
    Some very very strong girls on here actually some are so strong they should be competing in powerlifting comps!!! Cause they are reping weights heavier than the lifts that took out the powerlifting titles here where I live! And they are 1 rep max lifts for girls that train dam hard and totally dedicated to powerlifting........amazing!!! Surely puts my weights to shame!

@summerkissed Thank you
    I am seriously looking at these numbers and I'm wowed. I get so excited every time I tack on additional 5 lbs and rep it with proper form. my form falls apart above 160 on a squat. I'm going to keep trying for more but I'm cutting now so I don't think it will be possible in the coming months.

All of you keep up the hard work and keep pushing!!
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    I was mislead by the title at first, too. (Yes, I lift. No, I'm not familiar with the reference/quote). But hey, it looks like he's actually looking for a supportive community and all the original responders are on his page now :smile:

I started Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 in January, I'm about halfway through the second cycle right now. I'm seeing big gains in my working lifts from it. Before, I was nervous at over about 100 for bench and 150 for squat (keep in mind that I've lifted, on and off, for over 15 years) but now I'm moving well past those.

My records so far this cycle are:
    OHP 90 x 5 (this is my weakest lift)
    Deadlift 165 x 5
    Bench 120 x 6
    Squat 170 x 4 (failed on the 5th, first time I've had to rely on the rails!)
    (Female, 38, 5' and 145lbs)

Heavy lifting is good for so many reasons, but there are many ways to get there!
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    @piperdown44 i was on tpn for a while too. I am on Remicade which is similar to humira. Actually I'm getting it right now! 053xacxxz996.jpg

My son was on Remicade for a while but ended up having a reaction to it so they switched him to humera. BIL is on Remicade and has been for about 15 years now. Really helps him,
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Body Stats: Female. 42. 5'5". 181.799999999999999 lbs bf-Bulkasaurus Rex
    Current Lifts 1 rep: Bench Press-165. High Bar ATG Squat-285. Row-125x5. DL-345. OHP-125. Front Squat 225.
    Body Goals: 170 lbs. 22% bf.
    Strength Goals for 2016: 1 rep max: Bench Press-175. Squat-315. Row-don't care--pull ups 5 strict would be nice. DL-400+. OHP-140. Front Squat-250.

Had a scaphoid nonunion with bone graft surgery and couldn't lift anything (besides front squats cross-over) for 7 months, just back to heavy lifting since November 16th. Have a powerlifting meet next weekend and hope to resume olympic lifting in May! My PL numbers came back really fast, so I'm excited about that. Love to add any strong females!

Goals for spring: I am planning on setting a few state records in 100% Raw and would really like to get to a meet out of state (I'm in Montana) to qualify for USAPL Raw Nationals since we don't have any scheduled within a couple hundred miles. :)
  • cejaibe
    cejaibe Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good numbers. Good luck!!
  • dvis334
    dvis334 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    cejaibe wrote: »
    Good numbers. Good luck!!

Thanks!
  • BhangraPrince
    BhangraPrince Posts: 123 Member