Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Cari, I'm sure your friends loved it here! We know quite a few people who have relocated here from England, Scotland and Australia! So hopefully they can make the big move. Our friends from England say they like to go back to visit, but they are so happy here. If you google British Columbia pictures, I'm sure some beautiful pictures will pop up. I live in the okanagan valley, also known as the Napa valley of the north. We have hundreds of wineries, and beautiful beaches. Vacation destination!!
  • bluepoppies777
    Options
    Cari, I'm sure your friends loved it here! We know quite a few people who have relocated here from England, Scotland and Australia! So hopefully they can make the big move. Our friends from England say they like to go back to visit, but they are so happy here. If you google British Columbia pictures, I'm sure some beautiful pictures will pop up. I live in the okanagan valley, also known as the Napa valley of the north. We have tons of wineries and beautiful beaches. Plus skiing in the winter. Vacation destination!!
  • angie_kins
    angie_kins Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I just ate half a tub of blueberry cream cheese this afternoon! Boredom hunger is the worst! And really, I wasn't even hungry! I hate these moments of weakness.
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I have been getting back on the losing wagon, after having my son in 2014 and my second pregnancy that unfortunately ended too early this past July. I gained about 50-60 lbs throughout my pregnancies. I am currently approaching the weight I was when I started MFP many years ago. After many months of depression and overeating, I decided I had to change something. I hit the lowest depressing moment ever in my life, and now I am going strong force. I have lost about 25 lbs since Nov. and still have many more to go, but I can do this, just like you can. Feel free to add me if you want motivation and can be motivating. I hope you all are having a good day! B)
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Great idea Cari!!! I should do that!
  • bluepoppies777
    Options
  • bluepoppies777
    Options
    Said NO to office treats!!! That's a NSV for me today!!! Lol
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    We had a great core and leg workout tonight. I'm not sure any of us will be walking tomorrow, and with a kickboxing class to do tomorrow morning its going to be hard work. I do love it though :smiley:

It looks like everyone is doing great. Welcome to the newbies

@bluepoppies777 Well done on your NSV

@CariTJR well done on smashing that step goal. I am struggling with mine as it is so cold at night and my dogs come into season so have to be careful taking her out in the day time :(
  • SumnyUK
    SumnyUK Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello @treehopper1987, I gained about 20 lbs since late October, so I recon we offset each other so to speak. Impressive weight loss, well done you so far!

I ended up making a lovely tea yesterday and served it with a glass of cool, crisp white wine. I should know better. After the first glass I had a second. And poured a third. And a bowl of ice cream. Then I logged it all and saw I was 60 calories above my exercise-adjusted target, so I hurried to pour the last glass out and got back under the line again, with 3 (yes, THREE) calories to spare.
  • tazzy2911
    tazzy2911 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    @angie_kins we all have those weak moments, you've admitted it, now chin up and keep moving forward. The important thing is not to let a weak moment turn into a bad day/week/month!!!

@treehopper1987 welcome to the group! Sorry to hear your sad news, that must've been so hard. Well done on the loss since Nov! Keep going!!

@bluepoppies777 well done on your nsv!!! That's a tough one-I can resist anything except temptation!! Your meme made me laugh too!

@GillianSmith2 way to go girl-you're rocking those workouts! It's a great feeling when walking hurts because of a workout you smashed!! (Apart from the pain!!!)

I've gotten so lazy these last 2 weeks, since I was sick. I still have a bit of a cold which I shouldn't be using as an excuse but I have been. Going to get up now and go for a walk...
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the suggestions. No my gym doesn't have classes. That is why I have been mixing it up with the cardio arc trainer, elliptical machine, treadmill, and circuit training. Then throw in arms, legs and abs. I didn't go to gym yesterday. Have this dry cough that wont go away and a massive headache. Winter Sucks! It was 7 last Saturday and today it is going to be 50. We have actually been really lucky this winter just got snow for the first time last week. However, that stupid groundhog said spring was on its way, so lets be hurrying up with it already.
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @Bluepoppies – Exactly! If they move there then I’ll be the first one on a plane to visit haha. I’ve heard so many good things about Canada, I’ve been a lot of places, but just never had the opportunity to go there, I’d really love to though. Love the meme by the way, that proper made me chuckle. Well done on the NSV too, makes you feel good when you resist those temptations.

@angie_kins – We’ve all done it, if you read through the previous posts you’ll see that last Saturday I nearly put myself into a junk food coma, I went way overboard, I just couldn’t seem to stop once I’d started. But we live and learn, chuck it in the ‘f**kit bucket’ and move forward.

@treetopper – So sorry for your loss. Very glad to hear you’re in a stronger place now though and you’re doing an awesome job with the weight loss, keep that strength going and you’ll smash this.

@Gillian – You’re like She-ra Princess of Power! (I so want to be her). I don’t know how you do it, my legs are aching like hell today, and no way would I be doing another work out. You rock!

@SumnyUK – That made me laugh, I’ve done that before, realised that glass will take me over so I’ve poured it back in the bottle. Well done though, takes some willpower, especially when you’ve already had a few and it’s so much easier to just say “ahhh sod it!” and drink it anyway!

@tazzy – Colds suck! They really do drain you physically, I’m not surprised you’ve not felt like jumping around exercising. Hope you feel better soon.

Well, I’ve had a good week (not counting last Saturday, ahem…), stuck to my cals, been for a couple of runs, and seen the fruits of my labour with another 2lb loss this week. I’m super excited that this has also resulted in me dropping down into the next stone bracket! Still a long way to go, but I am getting there, and the more I see that scale number slowly shrinking, the more motivated I am to see it drop further. Hope you all have fabulous days!
  • angie_kins
    angie_kins Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm back at it today, determined not to snack on the bagels and coffee cakes my boss provides on Fridays. I had a hearty egg breakfast so I'm feeling full, that should help. I didn't get to weigh myself this morning as planned because my husband was hogging the bathroom but I'll do it tomorrow. I have a 5K tomorrow morning, my first in many years. Looking forward to the challenge! Let's do this!
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone.
    @CariTJR haha i used to love watching she-ra has a child. Oh i wish i was like her, lol, maybe one day :wink:

Well I have an awesome weekend planned of total over indulgence. Me and some friends have a hen night celebration on Saturday night which will include lots of adult beverages :smiley: and Sunday is my birthday so we are out for a family meal and obviously will have to indulge in a dessert. I have lots of exercise calories left from this week so i plan to enjoy every single moment and not feel one little twinge of guilt :smiley:

I am really loving feeling healthy and being able to enjoy the good times without the guilt and then being able to get back to plan straightaway.

Have a good weekend everyone. Stay strong, be positive and most of all ENJOY :wink:
  • sarahhuntting15
    sarahhuntting15 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have about 80 pounds to lose,and would love some more people to stay accountable to!
  • bluepoppies777
    Options
    @SumnyUK haha!! I've done that too! Actually I've been known to do jumping jacks in my kitchen just to get back a few calories so I'm not over!!
    @GillianSmith2 happy birthday to youuuuuuu!! Hope you have a fab weekend!!
    Happy Friday everyone, we made it through the week!! I weighed myself again this morning, still the effing SAME!! Driving me nuts!!!! Gah. I told myself I'm going to lose a lb next week if it absolutely kills me! Lol!! Have a good weekend, people!! Log everything and get out there and sweat!!
  • deidrabugg
    deidrabugg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! Slowly reaching my goal two ounces at a time but getting there! Have a work out planned tonight but the weekend is starting to fill up and I hope to fit in two more. Finally have nice weather so everyone wants to get together. Positivity is my plan for the weekend :)
  • SumnyUK
    SumnyUK Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    @angie_kins Hope you have a great time with your 5k tomorrow morning. Are you starting ParkRun?

@GillianSmith2 That's the spirit. There's absolutely no reason to feel miserable when you're supposed to be partying. Far better to save up the calories in advance as you have done, and then have a splendid time without any guilt at all. Have a wonderful weekend, and happy birthday!

@sarahhuntting I've only been here 24 hours, but it looks like you've found the right crowd!

@bluepoppies777 hahaha, that's a new one for me. Not sure it's a great idea after a few glasses, but otherwise definitely one I will use when needed! Don't worry about the plateau. They happen. And you WILL start to lose weight again.
  • lml852014
    lml852014 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Really happy I use the happy scale app bc it shows that I've actually lost almost a lb in the past couple weeks and i feel at a standstill except I'm really not if I look at it long term. Its kinda cool to see the numbers as they go up and down and it keeps me accountable.
  • lml852014
    lml852014 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I know 1 lb isnt a lot but I'm not trying to lose much so I'd rather lose it slower and keep it off for good.