40+, WITH 40+ TO LOSE!

Replies

• Sparkymel
    Sparkymel Posts: 80 Member
    Good morning everyone! How has your week been so far? Mine has been a bit hit and miss if I am honest. its weigh in day tomorrow and am hoping I will get at least a pound off. I have been logging for a week now and am finding that even if I do slip, I am now in more control which is what I want. So yeah - if I get an attack of the binge monster - so what! I log it and then am in control of what I do as far as counter measures. Does this make sense? Lets hope it works!

This week has been ok. Need to get better focused on my calories this week. Great job Jane!

• janewelshsoriente
    janewelshsoriente Posts: 23 Member
    So I had my weigh in this morning and lost 2lbs - I am absolutely elated with that! Just got to maintain control now and get some more off! Here's to another successful week! Good luck all and have a great day!
  • Hello everyone :) I'm over 40 with 40 to lose. Can't believe I let myself gain this much weight & become so unfit. This marks the end of week 2 of logging food & steps. Talk about a revelation! I started working from home in November. My steps on the days I work? Less than 500 :'( Looking for motivation & you all seems very motivating! Please feel free to add me. Hope you all have a wonderful, active day!
  • Sparkymel
    Sparkymel Posts: 80 Member
    Great start @flutterphotogal503! Keep it up!
  • cmorris30316
    cmorris30316 Posts: 76 Member
    Hello everyone :) I'm over 40 with 40 to lose. Can't believe I let myself gain this much weight & become so unfit. This marks the end of week 2 of logging food & steps. Talk about a revelation! I started working from home in November. My steps on the days I work? Less than 500 :'( Looking for motivation & you all seems very motivating! Please feel free to add me. Hope you all have a wonderful, active day!

That's the first step. Can you do some yoga or workouts in the morning on tv since you are working from home? If you have Comcast there are some free ones on demand.
  • cmorris30316
    cmorris30316 Posts: 76 Member
    So I had my weigh in this morning and lost 2lbs - I am absolutely elated with that! Just got to maintain control now and get some more off! Here's to another successful week! Good luck all and have a great day!

Great ! Keep logging ! I'm religious about it and it is really helping me take note of everything I eat!

• denisemcjohnson
    denisemcjohnson Posts: 7 Member
    Wow! Is this a group? If so, it sounds like the perfect group of people for me to be sharing with. After 3 miscarriages in my 30's, I suddenly got pregnant at 40 years of age. I had my son when I was 41 and my hubby and I couldn't be happier....only problem is that I gained 60 lbs during pregnancy and I was already about 30 lbs overweight. I just started on MFP about a month ago. I really like it and know it can help me succeed with my weight loss goals. I have lost 12 lbs since my son was born.....he just turned 1 1/2 on Valentine's Day. I am serious about getting to my weight loss and healthy goals by the end of 2016. Please add me to this group, if there is one.....I don't know how they work. I do know how to give and accept friend requests and welcome any and all. I have found that support from those on a similar journey is extremely meaningful. Looking forward to making some new friends. Denise
  • denisemcjohnson
    denisemcjohnson Posts: 7 Member
    Okay, I found the page to join groups, is there a name to this one? Will someone help me? I am still pretty new to this site and had to use the back arrows just to get back to this page! Aghhhh! I'm feeling sort of stupid right now. :blush:
  • buxbert
    buxbert Posts: 244 Member
    Okay, I found the page to join groups, is there a name to this one? Will someone help me? I am still pretty new to this site and had to use the back arrows just to get back to this page! Aghhhh! I'm feeling sort of stupid right now. :blush:

as far as I know, this is not a "group" as such. you just post what you feel like and that's fine... :-) welcome (if I may say so...)
  • That's the first step. Can you do some yoga or workouts in the morning on tv since you are working from home? If you have Comcast there are some free ones on demand.

That's been percolating in the back of my mind this week. I am up by 6 to start at 7...always wake up before my alarm, but have been allowing the phone to take up my time. I have a few yoga & pilates dvd's that need dusting off. That is my goal for this new week - to add in exercise in the morning; baby steps, right? Since I've started logging & being accountable for my food (and alcohol) intake over the past two weeks, I've lost 2.2 pounds & 2 inches in my waist (that last bit may be off, caved in my gluten free diet right before I began this journey & thinking a lot of that may have been bloat). Yet, it is still encouraging & I'm ready to add one more piece to my new life :)
  • sammie7474
    sammie7474 Posts: 68 Member
    Hi I just turned 42 and need some friends to help me stay on track to get rid of 35 pounds.i work overnight,so my night and days are off . Anyone can add me and any help would be great:)
  • TinaGA2015
    TinaGA2015 Posts: 83 Member
    Hi Ladies, I'm struggling with yo yo losing and gaining. It's frustrating. I don't work out as much as I should because I tend to put my time last like I know a lot of you do. Support needed :) Happy Friday
  • Toronto6fan
    Toronto6fan Posts: 413 Member
    Going out for dinner for one of the kids birthdays, trying to pre-plan so I don't totally blow it! Happy to add anyone from the thread who wants to be added.
  • Bret463
    Bret463 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm 44 years old. So far I have lost about 15 lbs on this go around. Did great with MFP before but stopped doing it for whatever reason. I've picked it back up about 3 weeks ago now and things are going well. Still have a long ways to go so I thought I would look for somewhere to get that extra motivation.
  • GrooveMerchant
    GrooveMerchant Posts: 44 Member
    I'm 36 with two little kids and a stressful desk job and 2 hours of commuting each day. Really want to drop 50 lbs. My first goal is 15 though... that'll get me out of the 200's. I haven't ever been this heavy, even when I was pregnant. I'm kicking myself that I didn't notice it sooner.
  • mousie1973
    mousie1973 Posts: 438 Member
    I am 42 (almost 43 in about 2 months) ... I have lost 49 pounds so far and have about 83 more to go before i hit goal weight... feel free to add me :)
  • heatherfrancesb
    heatherfrancesb Posts: 10 Member
    Hi - I'm 40 + 11 :) I used MFP about a year ago to lose ten pounds but should have kept on going since I need to lose at least 50 pounds for my health. Over the past year I put it back on and I'm at the point where my health will continue to decline, or I get serious about losing the weight. Ive lost 8 lbs ramping up my efforts slowly in the last month, but now need to increase my efforts or I won't lose much more. I know the three differentators to losing weight are tracking (this website), exercise (ramping that up despite back and knee issues) and group support. This looks like a good group. I'm a single parent of two teens with a demanding job and not enough sleep. Somehow exercise always falls to the bottom of the list and I enjoy the taste of food far too much . The dreaded treadmill beckons
  • heatherfrancesb
    heatherfrancesb Posts: 10 Member
    Good morning everyone! How has your week been so far? Mine has been a bit hit and miss if I am honest. its weigh in day tomorrow and am hoping I will get at least a pound off. I have been logging for a week now and am finding that even if I do slip, I am now in more control which is what I want. So yeah - if I get an attack of the binge monster - so what! I log it and then am in control of what I do as far as counter measures. Does this make sense? Lets hope it works!

I find logging really makes you aware of what you are eating and what your choices mean. It really is all about control. I managed to go to my monthly card night and resist a table full of my favourite sweets. I knew if I logged it all I would be mad at myself twice - once after I ate it and once after I tracked. It really helped
  • sueebsworth28
    sueebsworth28 Posts: 5 Member
    Sparkymel wrote: »
    40+, with 40+ to lose? Me too! I am a 42 year old, single Mom. If I am being honest, I have around 70lbs to lose. This struggle is real and hard! Growing up, I was an average size and very healthy kid. In my 20's, I was obsessed with health and fitness. In my 30's, I started the yo-yo adventure and never stopped! I had my son at 37 years old and weigh more now, than when he was born.

At 42, I am just over it! I am tired of feeling tired, insecure and unhappy in my own skin. I don't want to completely fall 'Off the wagon', just because I had bad day of eating anymore. I am realizing that we're all human and we will all make mistakes on this journey. This journey is full of rocks and bumps, but I want to stop detouring. I am ready to be healthy and strong and feel like myself again. I want to live a long and healthy life, with my son. I am ready to stop yo-yo'ing and focus on living healthy. I have been logging my food daily, for a week now. So far so good.

We all have a different story. What's your story?What motivates you and keeps you going? What are you doing to reach your goals and how are you overcoming the struggles?

HI have always been a big person and always had an excuse why I can't loose weight or find time. This year I made 2 new year resolutions to click thing off. No more sugar sweetener in my hot drinks. And to drink 2 000 of plain water every day. January I lost 4 kg. And so far February have lost another 2kf. Never felt so in control. Am making changes 4 me and telling people in my life what I am doing. Also signed up 4 a couple of 6 - 10 k walks and found other people who like to walk to join me for walks. This is helping to keep me motivated and amazing how much strength you pull from positive people. I have only started to my fitness pal this week and see my changes as a way of life not a diet. Hope this helps others me sharing
  • lzap27
    lzap27 Posts: 31 Member
    Hi I'm a 43 year old mom of two. Have used MFP off and on for a few years. Started fresh two weeks ago. Starting at 225 with a goal weight of 160. Finally started working out! Looking for some other women with similar goals for support. Add me