New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    So I tried the new B&J...
    2vcgkmz6gkxr.jpeg
    I LOVED LOVED the cookies and cream peanut butter, that was my second favorite. It had big chunks of cookies and cream throughout. Interesting flavor because I always think of cookies and cream with vanilla, but it was really good and chocolate pby.

Chunky munky was SOOO creamy and good. This was my favorite. I don't know how it compares to dairy version because I've never had, but it was incredible for someone who doesn't eat dairy ice cream. 10/10

They tasted like dairy ice cream! Very creamy. Way better than any other almond milk based ice creams I've tried.

I loved the chocolate brownie one, I prefer the cashew milk soy delicious chocolate truffle. 8/10

Thank you so much for the review! I was most excited to try the coffee caramel flavor but now I may have to reconsider and try the PB Cookies one first (never was a fan of chunky munky but my dad is obsessed).
    I'm curious how their new core flavors are, they came out with so many! I'm torn between the caramel coconut and the cookies and cream cheesecake core o///o
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    2oviko0ivm9f.jpg
    I don't know how new they are. But I just tried bubba veggie burgers. They are soooo good. You can see big chunks of vegetables in them. You do need to cook in a pan to get a good sear on the outside. But 120 calories. Great veggie lunch !

Oh, I'll have to look for these! I love veggie burgers; the Morningstar Farms Chipotle Black Bean burger is my favorite.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »
    0ukt2dh2u1nz.png

I emailed this company asking for free samples after I saw very glowing reviews on another thread. They sent me one half-serving pouch of each flavour. They're a whey and casein mix. I tried this one today, just mixed with some water. Taste was alright, a bit of an artificial sweetness taste - it was rather similar to Myofusion cookies and cream (which I don't care for), but less chemically-sweet than that. It was totally drinkable, but I would not buy this flavour. The texture was ever so slightly gritty as well. A very fine grit, but grit nonetheless. Also, I was hoping it would thicken up when blended with cold water like Quest's does, but it remained very thin.

i like this flavor and their chocolate as well. PES Snickerdoodle flavor was GROSS and their Blondie flavor is just... well doesn't taste anything like a blondie. how much water did you use? i don't find their powders to be thin with liquids, but might just be how much liquid you are using vs. how much i use.

I put about 3oz, what they recommended (since the packet is only half a "scoop"). I don't think I would have liked the flavour with less water, as it had a strong sucralose taste to me already...

I tried the snickerdoodle flavour today though:

2d4o3q6uuqa5.png

I put it into my steel cut oats (cooked with water) with a small dollop of greek yogurt. Delicious! I also tried a tiny amount of it mixed with water on its own and it was quite sweet, so I don't think I'd drink it straight. But I think I might buy some just for adding to oatmeal - it would probably be delicious with some apple and pecans or something! Also, I think this brand just doesn't thicken as much as Quests. For adding to oatmeal, that's not a bad thing - adding 10g of Quest vanilla to this amount of oatmeal can make it a bit gummy (but tasty), while this didn't get that sticky with 16g added.
  • mathandcats
    Options
    I've had this in my fridge for awhile and finally decided to have it. It was dang tasty! I don't like most Chobani flips (or, rather, find they simply aren't worth 200+ calories), but this one I would buy again. Of course, it's limited edition...

47y2hg9kyeu3.png

Also, my Kroger had a 2 for 1 sale on Thomas' items. I was very tempted by these:

tbb9cljzng4w.jpg

but ultimately decided not to get them, since I would take forever to get through a pack of 6 and bagels take up too much room in my small freezer :( Has anyone had them? Any good?

Also, my Kroger still doesn't have the non-dairy Ben and Jerry's. Very sad.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I've seen the maple French toast Thomas stuff but never bought them because it just limits what I can put on them too much (I don't like sweet and savory mixes in general).
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I've had this in my fridge for awhile and finally decided to have it. It was dang tasty! I don't like most Chobani flips (or, rather, find they simply aren't worth 200+ calories), but this one I would buy again. Of course, it's limited edition...

47y2hg9kyeu3.png

Also, my Kroger had a 2 for 1 sale on Thomas' items. I was very tempted by these:

tbb9cljzng4w.jpg

but ultimately decided not to get them, since I would take forever to get through a pack of 6 and bagels take up too much room in my small freezer :( Has anyone had them? Any good?

I found the B&J at wegmans do any of you have those by you?

Also I've had the bagels and LOVED them! They didn't even need anything on them they were so good. They really had a "french toast" and "syrup-y" taste to them that I loved. They smelled amazing and had a great taste. Some of my favorite bagels. But like @Francl27 said, there isn't much you can add to them if you don't like sweet savory combo. I had them with butter and also with eggs and cheese to make a breakfast sandwich (incredible!).
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I watched an interview of the owner of a cookie company whose products are made without sugar. http://www.sbbakingcompany.com
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I picked up a free Take 5 bar and really liked it.

I've been really into Krogers Carb master yogurts. They've got a fair amount of protein, 9 or 8 grams for 60 cals, and are only 40 cents.

Also tried the chocolatey caramel pop tarts. I kinda prefer the watermelon, still want to try the bacon out of curiosity.

• cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

I've been really into Krogers Carb master yogurts. They've got a fair amount of protein, 9 or 8 grams for 60 cals, and are only 40 cents.

Also tried the chocolatey caramel pop tarts. I kinda prefer the watermelon, still want to try the bacon out of curiosity.

This is your first time trying a Take 5? :o They used to be my favorite chocolate bar as a kid
  • Francl27
    Options
    I found the new Talenti flavors... but I wasn't going to pay $5.50 for them. I'm sad now.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    cdudley628 wrote: »

This is your first time trying a Take 5? :o They used to be my favorite chocolate bar as a kid
    Yup! I mostly stick to Twix and Kit Kats.

Also, my sample of Quest peanut butter protein powder was about to expire so I finally used it. It's really dang good man. I want a tub :(

• Francl27
    Options
    cdudley628 wrote: »

Yup! I mostly stick to Twix and Kit Kats.

Also, my sample of Quest peanut butter protein powder was about to expire so I finally used it. It's really dang good man. I want a tub :(

I love the 3 flavors I've tried so far! Love how thick it gets.
  • mathandcats
    Options

47y2hg9kyeu3.png

tbb9cljzng4w.jpg

Also I've had the bagels and LOVED them! They didn't even need anything on them they were so good. They really had a "french toast" and "syrup-y" taste to them that I loved. They smelled amazing and had a great taste. Some of my favorite bagels. But like @Francl27 said, there isn't much you can add to them if you don't like sweet savory combo. I had them with butter and also with eggs and cheese to make a breakfast sandwich (incredible!).

No Wegman's around here, just TJs, Kroger, and Whole Foods. I guess I'll have to wait.

Yeah, the bagels with just butter on them sound amazing, but I would have trouble fitting them into my calories. Hm...

bxysrsq5kclc.png

Tried this milk chocolate flavour in my oatmeal today, along with some frozen raspberries and a few mini chocolate chips. I also saved a little to mix with water on its own. Not impressed. It reminds me a lot of Quest's chocolate, which I also don't like. To be fair, I have not had a chocolate protein powder that I liked by anyone... they just never have more than a slight hint of chocolate to me, which is just a tease. Also, it was too sweet with just water, and lacked flavour mixed with oatmeal.

I picked these up as an impulse buy yesterday:

0fx2xlsxrz7h.jpg

Pretty tasty! If they had the version with sugar I would have gotten that instead, but I still enjoyed this. It's a little plain - just creamy and sweet, but very pleasant. I'll probably add a bit of cinnamon to the next one I eat. I love rice pudding, so it's convenient to be able to have small servings stored in my fridge.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options

47y2hg9kyeu3.png

tbb9cljzng4w.jpg

I also found the full line of Ben & Jerry's dairy free ice creams at Wegman's! That being said, I didn't buy any because I ended up purchasing a Halo Top and then one of Ben & Jerry's new core flavors (the coconut caramel) because that was much more tempting after reading some rather disappointing reviews for the dairy free lineup. I can't wait to try it, but not enough calories today!
  • malikirby2015
    malikirby2015 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    While checking out at Market Street with my Oreo Thins, the cashier told me that they aren't on the shelf yet but they have LEMON CREAM Oreo Thins coming soon. Not everyone is a lemon person, but I definitely am so I am STOKED. Yum!

Anyone had these yet or even heard this news?? I usually get the new Oreo scoop from this thread but I haven't heard anything here or I just missed it. :smile:

So I work at the corporate office of a major US retailer and got to try the lemon thin Oreos several months ago. I really like them - much better than all the other limited edition flavor so.
  • Francl27
    Options

47y2hg9kyeu3.png

tbb9cljzng4w.jpg

No Wegman's around here, just TJs, Kroger, and Whole Foods. I guess I'll have to wait.

Yeah, the bagels with just butter on them sound amazing, but I would have trouble fitting them into my calories. Hm...

bxysrsq5kclc.png

Tried this milk chocolate flavour in my oatmeal today, along with some frozen raspberries and a few mini chocolate chips. I also saved a little to mix with water on its own. Not impressed. It reminds me a lot of Quest's chocolate, which I also don't like. To be fair, I have not had a chocolate protein powder that I liked by anyone... they just never have more than a slight hint of chocolate to me, which is just a tease. Also, it was too sweet with just water, and lacked flavour mixed with oatmeal.

0fx2xlsxrz7h.jpg

Pretty tasty! If they had the version with sugar I would have gotten that instead, but I still enjoyed this. It's a little plain - just creamy and sweet, but very pleasant. I'll probably add a bit of cinnamon to the next one I eat. I love rice pudding, so it's convenient to be able to have small servings stored in my fridge.

I tried those when they came out and couldn't get past the aftertaste. I ended up throwing out half the box... I'd rather use up 30 extra calories and get the regular ones, which I love.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    The skinny manager did the grocery shopping at work a couple of weeks ago and introduced us to Nonni's ThinAddictions. It's basically melba toast with inclusions of super-nutritious fruits and nuts. I like 'em, and include them in my daily grazing at the office.
  • mathandcats
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

47y2hg9kyeu3.png

tbb9cljzng4w.jpg

bxysrsq5kclc.png

0fx2xlsxrz7h.jpg

I tried those when they came out and couldn't get past the aftertaste. I ended up throwing out half the box... I'd rather use up 30 extra calories and get the regular ones, which I love.

Hm, I didn't notice any aftertaste! But I agree, if it had been in stock I would have gotten the regular ones.