"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday!!!! :)

Strength: Body Beast Bulk Arms and Hammer Power, really powered through it! loving the powerlifting session!

Cardio: :) some from my buddies here, just a bit out of each and it makes it perfect for my count! thank you for the offer @robertw486!!!! you are awesome! :)

Nutrition: Decided to make it a low carb day, so met my protein and fat macros but intentionally kept carbs lower.
    Tomorrow will be last workout of Body Beast Round 4 and end of week 6 of doubles.
    Will be traveling next two weeks, no workouts, and have a small surgery when back, so, I will be out of commission for a while, but counting the days until I can workout again, so I can jump right back in. :)
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    MJFSH wrote: »
    Happy Thursday!!!! :)

Strength: Body Beast Bulk Arms and Hammer Power, really powered through it! loving the powerlifting session!

Cardio: :) some from my buddies here, just a bit out of each and it makes it perfect for my count! thank you for the offer @robertw486!!!! you are awesome! :)

Nutrition: Decided to make it a low carb day, so met my protein and fat macros but intentionally kept carbs lower.
    Tomorrow will be last workout of Body Beast Round 4 and end of week 6 of doubles.
    Will be traveling next two weeks, no workouts, and have a small surgery when back, so, I will be out of commission for a while, but counting the days until I can workout again, so I can jump right back in. :)

Good luck on the travels and surgery!!!
  • luluinca
    Options
    Soooo, I've been down with this cold for a few days now but luckily it stayed a cold and didn't make it to my chest. Back to the gym tomorrow. I did get a couple of shortish walks in with the dog yesterday and this morning but I'm not sure I can count it as cardio. B)

Looking forward to a healthier weekend!
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    A couple of hours of slooowwwww and cold bike riding today. 18+ miles. I'll donate some to @MJFSH if she does some strength training for me, and I'll donate some to @luluinca if she still can't get out.

Assessment: Eating pizza soon. How much depends on how many miles I have to donate to others!
  • luluinca
    Options
    robertw486 wrote: »
    A couple of hours of slooowwwww and cold bike riding today. 18+ miles. I'll donate some to @MJFSH if she does some strength training for me, and I'll donate some to @luluinca if she still can't get out.

Assessment: Eating pizza soon. How much depends on how many miles I have to donate to others!

Thanks Robert........still debatable for tomorrow and I know better than to rush it! Feeling much better though! Get that cardio done for us!
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday!
    @ninerbuff glad to hear the knee is getting better!

Playing catchup for yesterday...

Krav Maga class

Angled barbell (landmine circuit) +17.5 lbs on bar 5 rounds of:
    1 arm Clean, lateral step & press 6 reps/side
    Lateral step to high row 6 reps/side
    1/2 rotations 10 reps

3 rounds of:
    Medicine ball rotational slam 14 reps@10 lbs
    Cross cable high pulley row 10 reps@12.5 lbs.
    Cable low pulley 1 arm row (power)10 reps/side@22.5 lbs

Today's workout with PT:
    Pistol squats onto bench
    1 arm Kettlebell clock lunge@16 kg.
    Bosu single leg balance work:
    Reverse lunge to 1 leg balance w/hip flex & 1 arm dumbbell shoulder press & static hold
    Lateral lunge to 1 leg balance w/hip flex & 1 arm bent lateral arm raise & static hold
    Medicine ball drills:
    2 arm & 1 arm chest throw
    Reverse lunge & rotational throw

Assessment: Turkey for dinner last night. Sausages for dinner tonight. Low on protein & high on fat macros today. Calories under target.

• fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Hey all.

Strength- Have been doing my XTFMAX DVD. Today was upper arms and shoulders. Yesterday was core and legs.

Cardio- none

Assessment- eating well and managed to stay on track even though I went away over last weekend.
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    Good morning and Happy Friday!

@luluinca Thank you!

@robertw486 so generous and awesome of you to donate the cardio! but! since I also love pizza, I don't want to take away any of your pizza allowance calories! so, eve tho I extended my strength training, some of it for you :) I still fit in some cardio! for the love of pizza! haha

Strength: Body Beast Bulk shoulders with Extra reps and sets

Cardio: H&C Master's Cardio

Ok, so round 4 of body beast is all wrapped up, mind is ready for going away, I just hope going away and then restrictions after the work, doesn't make me lazy, killing my motivation. I have to lurk in often to keep motivated.
    Stay well all!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,561 Member
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy LCW and TGIF! 4 clients this morning then off the rest of the day.

Cardio: biking 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: core

Assessment: Panda Express last night. Hadn't had orange chicken in awhile and my DD wanted some.
  • luluinca
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone!!!!

No real cardio to speak of today but I did do this:

Strength: 30 min calisthenics including good mornings, goblet squats, planks, physio ball pikes and bridges, decline situps/scissors/leg lifts, slow stairmaster. 45 min weight lifting including leg press <single leg warmup 12@ 130 lbs and 10@ 180 lbs, dbl leg 12@ 320 lbs, 10@ 410 lbs, 8@ 460 lbs and 6@ 480 lbs>, front squat <2X5@ 65 lbs, 2X5 @ 75 lbs and 1X5@ 80 lbs>, 3X8 bent over row @75 lbs, 3X10 hip thrust @/55 lbs, 3X10 overhead tricep extension w/15/15 lbs, 3X20 side lunges w/25/25 lbs and 3X10 inner thigh w/100.

Assessment: Ate a little low all week since I was sick and not getting much exercise.............back on track today though.

It's so strange how I miss the gym now when I'm forced to take time off. 3 years ago I would have bet anything this would never happen to me!

Have a great weekend................back in wedding prep mode here.............2 weeks to go!
  • kdogni
    kdogni Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Today was ok. Worked on complex of 1 power clean, 2 hang clean and 3 front squat.

Followed by a wod
  • ltworide
    Options
    TGIF everyone! Welcome @kdogni !

Today ran a circuit class at work during lunch. Felt great to get back into it again.

Krav Maga class tonight.

Assessment: leftover turkey at lunch & probably having chicken tonight. I think I'm growing some wings & feathers... Low on carbs calories under.
  • kdogni
    kdogni Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thanks Itworide
  • luluinca
    edited February 2016
    Options
    kdogni wrote: »
    Today was ok. Worked on complex of 1 power clean, 2 hang clean and 3 front squat.

Followed by a wod

Welcome to the group................what the heck is a "wod"............it's probably obvious but I'm clueless here, maybe because I'm "soooo old"......LOL

Also, if anyone knows anything about shoulder issues please weigh in............my "frozen shoulder" is gone, I have full range of motion back but the pain in shoulder is still about a 7 out of 10 during certain movements. It doesn't hurt just standing still, but adding weight in certain directional movements still "kills"....

Had a new therapist today and he said it's most likely tendinitis...............okay..........what does that mean? He didn't really answer that question.

I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever get back to where I was...........hmmmmm. I have lots of work arounds but I want to go back in time.............LOL

• beckygammon
    beckygammon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hey so yesterday (Friday) - btw I'm in Australia if you do wonder why my days are off. :smiley:

Cardio and strength: I did my circuit yesterday.

Repeat Twice:
    - 30 reps goblet squat with 7kg dumbbell
    - 30 reps lunges (15 each leg) no weight
    - 1 min of step ups
    - 1 min alternating front kicks
    - 30 secs R leg side kicks
    - 30 secs L leg side kicks
    - 30 secs R leg back kicks
    - 30 secs L leg back kicks
    - 1 min hooks (both arms alternating on punching bag)
    - 1 min upper cuts (both arms alternating on punching bag)
    - 1 min cross jabs on punching bag
    - 10 pushups (still doing these on my knees)
    - 20 bicycle crunches
    - 30 crunches
    - 20 reverse crunches

REST for 2 mins at least
    Rests between exercises - only if I really need - no longer than 30 seconds

Calories: its a shorter workout than usual so only burnt 323 but I feel like that is a pretty good burn for 39 mins of exercise.

Assessment: macros on point - actually ate less than I logged because I couldn't finish my dinner (too full). Thumbs up for voluminous food :wink:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,561 Member
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy weekend! Some bike riding and then later hanging out with my DD. Also have to review my CPR info for test Monday.

Cardio: biking- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Sushi last night.
  • DizzyMissIzzy
    DizzyMissIzzy Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all, new to the thread but I love the idea!

Working today, but afterwards I can't wait to get in the gym!!

Cardio: 10 minute warm-up on the elliptical--random intervals, reverse mode on, level 9 (~147 cal)

Strength: It's shoulder and core day!!!
    3x12 Rear delt fly
    3x12 Dropset shoulder press
    3x12 Lateral raises
    3x12 Front raises
    5x20 Weighted ab machine
    5x20 Leg lifts

Assesment: Today's macros are on point! This past week I've allowed myself little treats and had a refeed day on Wednesday which helped my energy levels a lot, so I'm back to clean macros, but I've not gone over my calories once and my macros have been pretty spot on (except I was 20g too low on my protein last night). Drinking plenty of water and trying to make sure I have a sufficient potassium intake because I was getting sick for a while because it was so low without me realizing it.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday, all!

So, I was lazy on Thursday: no run.

Friday: I cricked my neck badly so avoided weightlifting for the day. Was looking forward to it, but the neck is much better today.

Today: Cardio: 6 mile run, easy pace. 66 minutes.

Food: been on track, but scale crept up to 159lb, so need to stay vigilant.
  • ltworide
    Options
    Happy Saturday all! Welcome Izzy!

Rest day today, was feeling pretty sore after last nights Krav class. Managed over 16k steps.

Assessment: five guys burger & stole a few of my sons fries! So yummy. Needless to say although I was under on total daily calories fat macros were far too high & protein way too low.
  • luluinca
    edited February 2016
    Options
    ltworide wrote: »
    Happy Saturday all! Welcome Izzy!

Rest day today, was feeling pretty sore after last nights Krav class. Managed over 16k steps.

Assessment: five guys burger & stole a few of my sons fries! So yummy. Needless to say although I was under on total daily calories fat macros were far too high & protein way too low.

Hmmm........that's the story of my life........LOL

Ditto: Welcome Dizzy!