Need help with breakfast that fulfilling and low calories like under 200

Hello, I need help with my calorie intake for breakfast part, I like to have a good decent breakfast that keep me full for the most the morning before lunch time I work 7.5 to 14 hour shifts. My trainer told me my breakfast is to high in calories... problem is I'm not big fan of oatmeal... especially if I can't have my brownsugar and butter in it... so please help... I eat eggs. Any other ideas.

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Why not eat your normal breakfast and tailor the rest of your day to fit?
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    how high was your breakfast and what is your calorie goal?
  • Kanan123
    Kanan123 Posts: 1 Member
    Egg in-the-hole, it's healthy and nutritious. I recommend Dave's Killer Bread. Take a slice of bread, cut out the center with a drinking glass so there is a hole in it. Put a little butter or pam in the pan and toast up the bread, then crack an egg in the middle so that you make an egg over easy inside. After about a minute, flip the egg and bread at the same time and cook for another 30 seconds or so. Total calorie count is roughly 250 or less. Dave's Killer Break is high in protein (5g) and high in fiber (5g). So when all is said and done you have over 10g in protein for your breakfast and a highly nutritious and filling meal.
  • brightestsmile83
    brightestsmile83 Posts: 25 Member
    Thanks I had that bread before, I need to get some and try that one. :) and it different with the egg. Just one egg and 1 bread make that amount of calories?
  • brightestsmile83
    cityruss wrote: »
    Why not eat your normal breakfast and tailor the rest of your day to fit?

I been trying to do that, just hard and my trainer thinks my breakfast still to high. I normally eat salad for lunch or light meal then dinner I eat a bigger meal so I can stay full for the night cuz I don't eat after 8pm
  • brightestsmile83

At first it was 610 then I for it down to 400, finally i got it down to 219 I think. My calorie goal is 1200.
  • lzap27
    lzap27 Posts: 31 Member
    edited February 2016
    I like to eat a low sugar cereal like multigrain Cheerios, life, or Barbara's multigrain spoonfuls, filled to the brim with unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Pretty much I have that every morning. And it's about 200 calories, plus low in sugar and carbs overall.
  • brightestsmile83
    Kanan123 wrote: »
    Egg in-the-hole, it's healthy and nutritious. I recommend Dave's Killer Bread. Take a slice of bread, cut out the center with a drinking glass so there is a hole in it. Put a little butter or pam in the pan and toast up the bread, then crack an egg in the middle so that you make an egg over easy inside. After about a minute, flip the egg and bread at the same time and cook for another 30 seconds or so. Total calorie count is roughly 250 or less. Dave's Killer Break is high in protein (5g) and high in fiber (5g). So when all is said and done you have over 10g in protein for your breakfast and a highly nutritious and filling meal.

Thanks I had that bread before, I need to get some and try that one. :) and it different with the egg. Just one egg and 1 bread make that amount of calories?
  • brightestsmile83
    lzap27 wrote: »
    I like to eat a low sugar cereal like multigrain Cheerios, life, or Barbara's multigrain spoonfuls, filled to the brim with unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Pretty much have that every morning

I don't really like cereal not a big fan of it . Unless it rice krispie but that ra rely happens.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Lot of suggestions in this very similar thread down the page: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10338510/breakfast-under-280-calories#latest
  • 20yearsyounger

At first it was 610 then I for it down to 400, finally i got it down to 219 I think. My calorie goal is 1200.

ok, so up to 350 might be good. Egg, slice of wheat, 2 slices of bacon is around 240. Add a slice of cheese 320. 2 egg omelette with 1 slice of cheese is about 240. You might be able to fit your oatmeal in as well if you choose the right butter. More options open up around the low 300s number depending on what you do for the rest of your day.

• brightestsmile83
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Lot of suggestions in this very similar thread down the page: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10338510/breakfast-under-280-calories#latest

Haha I just saw that after I posted my question up... thanks
  • wendsg
    wendsg Posts: 656 Member
    I concur with what cityruss said. I don't usually eat breakfast beyond my coffee (a 16 oz beast with one pack of Swiss Miss instant hot chocolate mix in it), so my lunches are typically pretty big. I simply alter my dinner and my snacking when I get off work to that.

And if that doesn't work out for you, why not incorporate a nice big fuji apple and a lot of water? I find apples to be wonderfully filling. Or maybe a large navel orange - or, best of all, grapefruit?
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 350 Member
    Sautéed or roasted veggies (my favorites are sauteed kale, mushrooms and onions or roasted butternut squash cubes), topped with a runny fried egg and a squirt of sriracha or whatever condiment you like. I make extra veggies at dinner and use the leftover ones for this sometimes. If you have enough calories left over, pile it on half a whole grain English muffin or put it into a light wrap.

chicken sausage breakfast link (50 cal) + bunch of strawberries (25cal) + slice of toast (90-120 cal) with a little butter (35 cal) = 210 calories.

Yogurt parfait- 100 calorie greek yogurt + semi-thawed frozen berries+ sprinkling of granola or wheat germ should be around 200 calories if you aren't too heavy with the granola.

1/2 c. fresh pineapple (65 cal), 2 slices Canadian bacon ( 45 cal) and half an English muffin (50 Cal) with a pat of butter or laughing cow cheese wedge (35cal) =195 calories .

For me the most important thing is to get adequate protein, I will be starving in an hour if I eat a 200 calorie donut for breakfast. If I have some meat, eggs or dairy I'm good until lunch.

• brightestsmile83

ok, so up to 350 might be good. Egg, slice of wheat, 2 slices of bacon is around 240. Add a slice of cheese 320. 2 egg omelette with 1 slice of cheese is about 240. You might be able to fit your oatmeal in as well if you choose the right butter. More options open up around the low 300s number depending on what you do for the rest of your day.

I don't eat bacon unless it turkey bacon only time I eat oatmeal if I put brown sugar in it. But I'm still not a big fan of oatmeal. For my eggs I been making egg burritos at first it was high calories now I changed it to corn tortilla with 2 or 3 eggs with Chia seeds and ground flax seed with shredded cheese and cabbage.
  • 20yearsyounger

I don't eat bacon unless it turkey bacon only time I eat oatmeal if I put brown sugar in it. But I'm still not a big fan of oatmeal. For my eggs I been making egg burritos at first it was high calories now I changed it to corn tortilla with 2 or 3 eggs with Chia seeds and ground flax seed with shredded cheese and cabbage.

that sounds delicious. I only eat turkey bacon at home as well. I recommend taking a trip to your grocery store as well. It was very revealing looking at the items that are truly low calorie and high fiber/protein. You just need a few items so you dont get bored with the same thing over and over again.
  • brightestsmile83

that sounds delicious. I only eat turkey bacon at home as well. I recommend taking a trip to your grocery store as well. It was very revealing looking at the items that are truly low calorie and high fiber/protein. You just need a few items so you dont get bored with the same thing over and over again.

Thanks. True I'm gonna have to go to a store and take my time and look at some stuff and change it up. Thanks for helping me.
  • photojunk
    photojunk Posts: 135 Member
    I go for 2 scoops of protein powder with water at 184cals then a mid morning snack of nuts, or a boiled egg or a piece of fruit works perfect for me
  • brightestsmile83
    wendsg wrote: »
    I concur with what cityruss said. I don't usually eat breakfast beyond my coffee (a 16 oz beast with one pack of Swiss Miss instant hot chocolate mix in it), so my lunches are typically pretty big. I simply alter my dinner and my snacking when I get off work to that.

And if that doesn't work out for you, why not incorporate a nice big fuji apple and a lot of water? I find apples to be wonderfully filling. Or maybe a large navel orange - or, best of all, grapefruit?

I need good steady meals cuz I work out plus I work 14 hour shifts. So I gotta figure a way to stay full longer in the mornings before lunch. Apple and water won't cut it for me I'll be starving and mean.