New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options
    While checking out at Market Street with my Oreo Thins, the cashier told me that they aren't on the shelf yet but they have LEMON CREAM Oreo Thins coming soon. Not everyone is a lemon person, but I definitely am so I am STOKED. Yum!

Anyone had these yet or even heard this news?? I usually get the new Oreo scoop from this thread but I haven't heard anything here or I just missed it. :smile:

So I work at the corporate office of a major US retailer and got to try the lemon thin Oreos several months ago. I really like them - much better than all the other limited edition flavor so.

Good to know! Are they golden wafers or the regular?
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Regarding all this discussion of the lemon oreo thins - are you guys aware that lemon oreos are not new? The only difference will be that they're the thinner versions... you can get lemon oreos with the golden wafers as a regular oreo flavour already! They are fairly easy to find too. And very, very tasty...
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options
    Regarding all this discussion of the lemon oreo thins - are you guys aware that lemon oreos are not new? The only difference will be that they're the thinner versions... you can get lemon oreos with the golden wafers as a regular oreo flavour already! They are fairly easy to find too. And very, very tasty...

The big difference is you get 4 thins to the 2 normal ones for the same calories. At least for me. And, yes, the lemon oreos are delicious. :)
  • brightestsmile83
    brightestsmile83 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I been drinking this new drinks it a sparkling probiotic drink called KeVita. Not high on calories or carbs. It organic. Different flavors. My favorite is lemon and ginger. Today I tried strawberry acai coconut. :) it not bad.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Finally had a chance to try Ben & Jerry's Coconuts for Caramel Core Ice Cream! It tasted JUST like a Samoa and I really enjoyed it, but definitely not better than some of their other flavors, which I could easily finish in one sitting. After a while this one got boring and I began missing big chunks of mix-ins (cookie pieces would have been awesome). It also wasn't really all that sweet, definitely one of their more subtle flavors. Also, the core slowly disappeared about halfway through which was disappointing. Glad I had a chance to try it though!
    wglfbjikn2aw.jpg
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    I was expecting this to be gelatinous. It's not. Overpriced.
    real-bone-broth.jpg
    This is very similar to the sheep's milk chocolate, but not as rich and a little goaty tang. I think Chocolita's dark "milk" is better, though. Especially for the price and ingredients.
    Medium_Goat_Milk_1024x1024.jpg?v=1444904981
    This is good, but I still prefer Mt. Sterling's raw sharp goat cheddar.
    DY498_Woolwich_Goat_Cheddar_190g.jpg
    Freebie. Both of these are really good. Their texture is crispy in comparison to regular fruit leather. Lots of acai flavor. I prefer the pineapple one.
    304412662.jpg
    304412603.jpg

I had the beef version of the bone broth and it was pretty gelatinous for me. One of the bags had a hole in it and leaked ALL OVER my fridge :( but yes its pretty pricey.
    that fruit leather looks super good whats the sugar grams in them?

• di_763
    di_763 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    yourad0rk wrote: »
    I've been on a bit of a protein hype the past few weeks and was really looking around for some good bars and found Quest Bars, I bought the 'Cookies and Cream' and 'Double Chocolate Chunk'. They're horrible, they taste like artificial sweetener and salt, and I can never stomach more than half a bar in one sitting, I've found that they're more palatable when cold, although that means they're harsh on your teeth. But despite all that, they're really good for you, and not a bad (even if horrid tasting) filling snack for on the go.

I'm interested in trying the Quest Protein chips though, and have bought some BBQ flavoured ones which I'm still waiting on in the post. Fingers crossed they taste better than the bars, and also better than 'Protein Bites' by Novo which carry a very strange taste regardless of flavour.

Man I love quest bars, cookies and cream is one of my faves. Smores in my new quest bar love though.

I just tried Choco Chip Cookie Dough Quest Bar...loved it! Much more dessert-y than the Vanilla Almond I usually buy. I think 1/2 in the evening with a cup of decaf would be delightful! I'll pick up both S'mores and Cookies &Cream since you give them high marks. Thanks!
  • di_763
    Options
    New to me are the Hint waters. LOVE them. I tried Blackberry...yum! And I just got an order of Watermelon. So good! They have a gazillion flavored, flat and carbonated. I think I'll try Pineapple next.
  • di_763
    Options
    I went to all the trouble of ordering this and having it shipped to me, and it was so worth it. This cheese is meant to be served warm (fried, grilled, or baked) with coffee. I baked it at 350F for twenty minutes on a silpat.
    PP_GuustoGoat_edited-1_1024x1024.jpg?v=1443724274
    I enjoyed all of these.
    nib.jpg
    nude1.jpg
    sweet.jpg

That cheese is awesome! I had a different brand, but for sure a keeper.
  • di_763
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Starbucks came out with a new Butterscotch latte I really want to try, but when I went to their website to find the nutrition for it I came across two other beverages which I'm surprised they haven't marketed at all yet: Dark Chocolate Melted Truffle Mocha and a Milk Chocolate Melted Truffle Mocha. Both are espresso poured over actual truffles and finished with steamed milk. Neither come with whipped cream it looks like, but the truffles definitely add more calories. Still, for 330 calories for a grande I definitely have to try it soon. If anyone beats me to it I'd love to hear what you think!

My son had the smoked butterscotch latte and loved it! On a trip to the San Diego area in early January they were serving the Melted Truffle Mochas. My travel companion got it, loved it, and declared it dessert in a cup. Check out the nutritional values for both....incredibly high in both calories and carbs. For that reason, I'll avoid it and stick with my healthier stand-by. Not as fun, but no regrets after.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Probably not new but I bought some of these and was actually surprisingly surprised.

Special-K-Heavenly-Caramel-Brownies.jpg

Sure, it's basically a 80 calorie cookie, but quite satisfying.
  • stepea83
    stepea83 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    SKYR Icelandic yogurt. various flavours. low in fat and high in protein.
    (i can only find it in Tesco at the moment but worth while buying if you like yohurts, i add fruit and honey to it)
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I saw both of these at WalMart last night. I was very tempted... I may go back today. HA!

maxresdefault.jpg
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    cdudley628 wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »

Also, I don't know if these are new or not but The Vitamin Shoppe posted them on their Facebook page as a new addition to their lineup; I'm dying to know what the Tiramisu is like! If anyone tries them please report back with a review! ;)

lfeuq2eocsxh.jpg

I would love to try the s'mores one, but peanut butter/peanuts give me really bad heartburn/acid reflux :/ would have loved for it to be just a spread without peanuts
    If you have a good processor, you can try this recipe with another nut. I've been making my own nut butters to save money. Regular PB is cheap but the fancier flavors get pricey. :D

https://youtu.be/-E9qOd0t4uI

Which flavors are your favorite to make?
    I've only tried a basic recipe, the one I linked (would definitely recommend) this (pretty nice), this recipe (wouldn't recommend it, not my thing), and this with peanuts

The last recipe is my favorite. I want to try this one, with peanuts, next.

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I saw both of these at WalMart last night. I was very tempted... I may go back today. HA!

maxresdefault.jpg
    oooo I want to try birthday cake!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    I was expecting this to be gelatinous. It's not. Overpriced.
    real-bone-broth.jpg
    This is very similar to the sheep's milk chocolate, but not as rich and a little goaty tang. I think Chocolita's dark "milk" is better, though. Especially for the price and ingredients.
    Medium_Goat_Milk_1024x1024.jpg?v=1444904981
    This is good, but I still prefer Mt. Sterling's raw sharp goat cheddar.
    DY498_Woolwich_Goat_Cheddar_190g.jpg
    Freebie. Both of these are really good. Their texture is crispy in comparison to regular fruit leather. Lots of acai flavor. I prefer the pineapple one.
    304412662.jpg
    304412603.jpg

I had the beef version of the bone broth and it was pretty gelatinous for me. One of the bags had a hole in it and leaked ALL OVER my fridge :( but yes its pretty pricey.
    that fruit leather looks super good whats the sugar grams in them?

I keep seeing a lot of talk about bone broth. What is so special about it?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    flex-flavors-1024x784.jpg
    These are REALLY GOOD! I love the peanut butter one and the creme brulee is amazing in coffee. I've been adding the flavors to baked goods, oatmeal, plain yogurt, coffee, unsweetened pudding, etc. Really good and nice flavor additions to anything.

I would love to try these added to plain yogurt and coffees! I have never seen before though, where did you find?